Saturday, 9 October 2010

[Filler/Aside] Ads. About Food. (and also some other stuffs.)

Prologue: I can't believe that this semester has already reached the last leg of its run. And what progress that I made this semester? *No, you don't need to answer that even though you feel strongly wanted to. I will answer it myself. To my lecturer. Or something.*

Is it me or Marks & Spencer has one of the most sensual, ever so slightly erotically arousing food adverts? I first watched it on one of the Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe (I love Charlie Brooker. His cynical commentary is SPOT-ON) and yet it only took me now to discover where does it come from. Accompanied by the sensual guitar play by Santana, it serves up tantalizing food range by M&S in the most sensually erotic way possible. It's almost like...food porn. This isn't just food. This is M&S Food.





And of course, being such a memorable ad, it's almost expected that other people will start spoofing and pissing it all over. Even the people over BBC did it! Just see for yourself (if you're not in USM of course, in which they block Youtube.)







Last but not least, here's another (definitely less sensual but just as funny) compilation of adverts featuring a cute panda and a love song. "Just you know why..." Never say no to a Panda. Someone posted this video onto Facebook the last time but it is still funny as hell.



OK I know I know that this is yet another filler/aside which features material that I scoured from Youtube and put it in my blog and has nothing related to my actual real life. (aside from the fact they tickled my funny bone. Get a sense of humour will ya?). But this post is special in it's own way because due to this post, I achieve 333 posts GET!!!!111 WOOT! Hurray for some sort of milestone. What? You still want some material that's actually vaguely related to me? Fine.

Source. Wake up routine: My body is now slowly adjusting itself back into its usual sleep cycle. And yeah, I believe the above situation happens to every single university student where timetable is not packed and constant unlike highschool. Every morning is a struggle between mind and body before your sub-conscience kicks in. So far for me? The sub-conscience kicked in once in a while before it was rapidly replaced by other physical needs and pleasure. Like internet. It's a drug and I am addicted.

The latest on dated 6 October 2010. I would say this brain pretty much corresponds to mine...except maybe the internet and sleep and eat occupy a larger portion of my brain. The ego is still there but money is growing larger as time goes by same as mommy/daddy issue. I think it won't be long though before the Super-Duper Ego grows exponentially larger as well as thesis and data and read-read-read and publish as the deadline inches closer. Pray that I will survive by then.

*Edit: Or so I thought this will be the actual last when I went through my daily lols and such when I suddenly encountered a killer over Engrish Funny and it is somewhat related to food too. Translation of food name from Mandarin to English FAIL. Sounds...messy.

engrish funny - A Rough Meal
see more Engrish

Epilogue: Time goes by so slowly for those who waits. And yet time flies. How paradoxical human expressions can be?

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...