Saturday, 16 April 2011

The moment is here.

Prologue: *staring in a void*

This is it. It's less than half and hour before all political campaigning for all parties involve in this Sarawak State Election comes to a close. When the clock struck 12 midnight, all eyes are set on the polling day tomorrow morning to see whether the endless pleas and courtship towards the voters for the pass 10 days of campaigning will translate itself into actual ballots. Whatever the outcomes will be, for all of the 961,433 Sarawakian ordinary voters (18,363 postal voters namely the election workers, police and armed force had done their duties last Wednesday) who will be exercising their civic duty tomorrow, it will be our day. Think carefully, consider all angles and factors then cast your vote accordingly by marking a cross [X] clearly on the box of your choice candidate. The decision is in your hand so make the vote count. The polling station will open from 8am to 5pm and since tomorrow Saturday, one should have an ample time to go his respective polling station and cast his vote. For those who want to be sure of their exact polling station that they should go to, feel free to check the electoral roster here for full details by using your IC number. Just as a reminder though, the electoral roster used in this election is only up to those who registered before 31 December 2010 so for those people who registered as a voter later than that date, your name will not be available in the roster. My advice for those people: do not blame the system for "denying you the right to vote" because you're the one that are thick enough not to realized that one can register as a voter at post office and you did not have the awareness to do so during peace time. Whiny shitcake.

What about me? I am eligible to vote in this election but I am unable to do so (regrettably) because my financier (aka parents) refused to provide me flight tickets to let me to go home to vote. If I am indeed at home now though, I will be voting at my primary school which is just a walk away from my neighbourhood. Heck I could just ate breakfast first at market before heading towards the polling station! Then again, I am now at Pearl Island, making this post. I HAZ A SAD.
You might ask whether do I have any expectation towards polling day tomorrow. To be frank though, I feel dismayed and very much alienated for the past ten days of campaigning seeing how all sorts of grotesque orgy of political fueled dramas and disinformation unfold across all forms medias as well as cyberspace, clouding all judgment by replacing it with raw anger (supporters will say unbridled passion but I think otherwise.). I had made my stand repeatedly that all these unneeded attention from Westies/Peninsularites politician towards Sarawakian voters equating us to the "saviour of nation" are nothing but pure hypocrisy and downright patronizing and demeaning. I am urging all voters to really think through before actually voting. Do not let your passion cloud your judgment. Whoever that rises as victor and got voted into the Dewan Undangan Negeri and forming the government for the next 5 years, remember all the promises you made in the election and I hope of of your honours it.

Whatever that might happen tomorrow, I will be following it closely on news and on cyberspaces. Then by 17 April onward, I hope I can sleep well once again with Sarawak going back to its usual peace again, away from all the partisan-charged euphoria.

Epilogue: Research updates: Fruitful meeting. Basically ready. Minor touch up and then it will be all sets for 28 April. I am shuddering in fear. The progress on my conference paper however...*shudder*

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...