Wednesday, 30 November 2011

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things (Too).

Semi Continuation of some sort from Majlis Perwakilan Pelajar and Dewan Perundingan Pelajar Universiti Sains Malaysia is SHIT. To be precised, the series of musibah yang saya alami selepas hujung minggu tersebut sehingga akhir bulan November. Hari ini lah! It's jampacked with such frequency that I would just gone of a ledge and plunge to my gruesome death. *overtly dramatic over petty stuff*

First up, come right up: Mybrain15 My brain is full of FUCK.

Yet another internet meme reference HERE. Pun intended for dramatic effect.

Misfortune NEVER comes singly isn't it. Last time (about three month's ago) it was rejected because that the course that I am in is not the courses prioritized by KPT (you know, the science and technology, the law, the business, the agama Islam WTF). This time? Technicality: PENGESAHAN PROPOSAL TIDAK SAH. LOLWUT? Where it could've gone wrong? My proposal went through last time (at least being read even though in the end has been considered to be of least importance by KPT) but why it didn't go through this time? I just don't understand? It's still the same document that I sent last time! It's absulutely heartwrenching to see three month's of waiting coming to such an abrupt, unexplained end. The only course of action right now? MOHON SEMULA but with a new research proposal document. Have to go through the painstaking process of readjusting, merging and compressing pdf documents again just because MyBrain15 has set a RIDICULOUS 300kb file limit. Fuck you, MyBrain15. Meanwhile, USM Fellowship and Graduate Assistant Scheme is still not available (and I am still not keen with the service requirement) while expanding on other option. Should I apply for Yayasan Sarawak?

Double the SHIT, double the TORTURE: my laptop almost killed itself.

It all started off on the late morning of 21 November (Monday) with those bunch of Arabs in my block tripping my block's fuse and electricity while I am still using my computer hence causing it to improperly shut down. Never mind, I could always switch it on again and everything will be as usual, right? WRONG. IT FREEZES UP upon reaching fully loading the desktop. Non-responsive. OK, I will switch it off and restart it again. Reach desktop...so far so good...click folder. FREEZE. And repeat the same situation for a few more times as my brain begins to fry under severe duress. OH GOD NO. Boot up in safe mode. Hmm. No problem. At least I can boot up safe mode, right? Turn on in normal mode again, reach desktop FREEZE.

The sun rises. Went to library in a vain attempt of restarting my laptop in normal mode properly. FREEZE. PANICKED. Compelled to go back to Teledynamics, Toshiba's official service centre that gave me lots of grief before two years ago because my screen got frazzled and my LAN modem got fried. Then realised that USM has PPKT (yeah, the USMWifi admin that fucks up our internet life also have computer service centre.) Went to PPKT. Show those technician (who were playing Need For Speed and Counter Strike WTF) my laptop's situation. Twiddle and click click. Freeze. His diagnosis? Might be harddisk problem. Better back up your stuff using safe mode. OH CRAP. I might need to brace for the worst. Disheartened, went to Bilik Karel PPIK to online and such. Receive a phone call from my colleague about a conference (in BARCELONA, next years March) in which the deadline is on that day itself. CRAP. OMGOMGOMG. Then realised that all my documents are backed up online anyway. RELIEF. Friend recommend to see PPIK's own technician Encik Ari while I am determined to save my laptop before meeting him tomorrow. Spent midnight saving my laptop...by using System Tool, to be precised SYSTEM RESTORE. (luckily I turn it on). (Tips: as your laptop boot up, press F8 repeatedly for multiple boot up setting. Choose system tool). Ignored fecking fire alarm at 1.30am. Disk check (apparently I can't do system restore before disk check) took four hours...while actual system restore actually takes 5 minutes. WTF. I can only pray for the best at this point.

22 November (Tuesday). Went to see Encik Ari. His diagnosis: probably OS problem (like what Neoh said on my Facebook when I lamented my situation online) which is at least not as worse as harddisk problem. Anyway, boot up safe mode (no problem) and back up all my important stuff into my external harddisk (did some while I was there at Encik Ari's office while continues at my room when he told that he will be busy on that day tending to three laptop.). My 500gb External HD couldn't be more useful in this kind of the time. Backed up everything in two hours while making my laptop leaner. Shut down after everything is done and hope for the best. At night, switch on in normal mode...reach desktop...click folder and such...SAFE. No need to go back to Teledynamic, no need to bother Encik Ari, no reason to go for the incompetent PPKT. It's back to itself again but leaner.

Lesson learned: if your laptop still can boot up in safe mode, it's probably not that bad. Then use System Restore. It's REALLY WONDERFUL.

Going thrice: More postgrad club nuisance.

Got a call from the club secretary. DDean wants to organise a humanity postgraduate seminar and he wants the postgraduate club to handle it. Apparently he wants it to have a theme that sounds "contemporary" and "unique", you know, those branding SHITS. The very nature on how I was essentially forced into the club (I was minding my own business during the previous AGM (after a workshop that I attended) when DDean call my name and put me up to vote. Essentially, a PAKSA RELA. CRAP. Why I didn't voiced out my concern vehemently enough.) means I am going to dread this SO MUCH. I had enough SHITS in Langkawi (I enjoy the beach but I hate the work) while causing some SHITS to my teammate and now it's going to be an even worse SHITS. DDean (RePGradAf) really has his own agenda (like making it grand or getting an ISBN for the proceeding) and really wants to get his way by hook or by crook. All those talk about no man's an island and we should be in a family. I DON'T WANT TO. YES, I'M A LAZY FATASS OF A PRICK. One of the best thing about being a postgraduate compared to undergraduate is that I can finally escape the scourge of club activities mundanen and minding my own business in my own life without repercussion of not getting a room for the semester (because I paid rent in monthly basis hence it's my room.). Look where I am now again, sinking deeper into quick sands of club activity. I hate it. I just hate it. I am a sociophobe and I just hate it. You can tell me I should change my mindset but I am still going to hate it.

The End. What a great way to end the month of November. Crap.

Epilogue: OK it wasn't that really ALL BAD because they're a couple of other events worthy of memories too throughout the last two weeks. Like a surprise visit of long time acquaintance or the long delayed Langkawi post. Either way, Langkawi post is already over Facebook anyway so I might just come up with a quick summary about it. Still, when bad things happen, it really sinks deeply. *sigh* Life SUCKS. Meanwhile, thesis.

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...