Prologue: To be frank, it has been a very tumultuous week for me with rude surprises as well as events that makes my brain blow. Just for the occasion however I will save all of you my fellow readers (six of you probably) of my usual depressing whinging (like the previous post) and provide for you a safe harbour of peace and tranquility as you clicked on my blog, blending into the spirit of holiday.
First and foremost:
Merry Christmas to fellow Christians across the globe. May god's grace shine upon you and all of your loved ones in the event of Christ's birth.
Happy Holiday for everyone regardless of faith across the globe. Spent time with your family and loved ones.
A shout out to fellow sons and daughters of Fairland Sarawak where ever you are, at home or abroad.
 |
| The usual Google Doodle's season greeting with a musical and flash twist! Jingle bell all the way! |
 |
| Listened to BBC World Service's live broadcast of Festival of Nine Lessons and Carol at King's College Chapel, Cambridge on Christmas Eve. It's broadcasted live at 3pm GMT which is 11pm here at GMT+8 and lasts for one and half hours, just in time for Christmas here on this part of the globe! Even though I am not a Christian, it doesn't mean that I can't enjoy the moving hymn and song by King's College Chapel Choir! I think this might be my pre-Xmas ritual for years onward! |
-Edited with additional contents!-
So what does this merry season usually entails? Plenty of nosh of course, starting from Christmas Eve's Eve (23 December, Friday!) til Christmas Day itself!
-23 December 2011, Potluck over cousin's place-
 |
| Starting up the bonfire...I mean the grill. |
 |
| Skewers of Chicken wings and vegetables (in which the onion is ridiculously hot for some reason. Wrong onion?. |
 |
| Barbecueing under the night light and cool after rain air. |
 |
| While foods just keep on piling up as more and more guest bring their own contribution over. Currypuffs, Taiwanese Sweet Potatoes, jellys, you name it! |
 |
| Marinated grilled fish. Very succulent though I have to work through its bones because I have a phobia for fish bone stuck in throat. |
 |
| Even suburban Malaysian doesn't escape from over the top Christmas Decoration. |
-24 December. A lonely Xmas Eve-
 |
| A lonely Xmas eve in lonely single room with lonely achy breaky heart with Nasi Kerabu and Imitation Shark fin soup. Luckily the faulty laptop speaker sprung into life by chance thus allowing me to enjoy the stirring hymn of Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols on BBC World Service. Oh how did my laptop's speaker become faulty? Go follow series of my status updates then you'll see. That's part of the tumultuous event that I had. |
 |
| Meanwhile, Subway Sungai Dua, ready to be opened! USM Main Campus: Best campus for different varieties of food! |
-25 December. Lonely Christmas Day, Gloomy Sunday-
 |
| USMers are indeed spoiled with choices: yet another food outlet, LK Western and Fruit Tea Cafe, originally based in Air Itam has opened a branch over Ivory Plaza! It's a great time for me to try it out for the first time too since it's Christmas and I want to treat myself well. |
 |
| I ordered a set meal and it comes with a soup and a drink... |
 |
| Quite a large portion actually and since part of their business is Fruit Tea too. I forgot what flavour did I ordered though. |
 |
| I ordered Chicken Cordon Bleu set meal (RM19.50). Hmm...not bad but not extraordinary either. Oh well. |
 |
| Last but not least (in which I almost forgot): dessert, a choice between icecream and longan jelly. I opted for the latter one. |
So this is how I spent my Xmas weekend. How's your?
Epilogue: So many unexpected events and outcome as the year spirals towards the end. 2012 coming in five more days. What will my future hold?
No comments:
Post a Comment