Saturday, 14 January 2012

Back in Home Sweet Home.

Alt. Title: A Quick Timeline of Things Happening for the past 48 Hours.

-12 January 2012, Thursday-

5.00am in the morning. What an ungodly time to wake up and even worse for travel. Hence, my first hand experience of an red-eye flight...on AirAsia. Thank you AirAsia (both literal and sarcastic sense) for making flights earlier than ever in order for us to spent more day time at our destination.

Reach Airport around 5:30pm. Ongoing renovation work going on nicely.

Tried (or rather, being instructed to by the check in agent) self check in kiosk for the first time in my entirely flying life. Which I feel redundant because I still need to check in my bag and they still have to check my document. In what way that self-check in kiosk actually save time? Meanwhile, luggage overweight for 3kg...which translates to RM90. Had a momentary lost of judgment when being thrust with the question "do I wanna pay extra to check in that extra weight" which for some reason I actually obliged by running to the ATM machine and withdraw money (against better judgment of say, taking out a couple of the books I brought back? I think my cousin TWO bottle of Yomeishu has played a factor in leading to this rather stupid decision). That's why I don't like situation in which I am thrust with a question that might make me lost money because I always did. Got an earful when my parent knows about that and I feel incredibly silly. AirAsia and Tony Fernandes and LCC as a whole: bunch of money fleecing bastards.

Bad decision doesn't end at the check in counter...it continues over the X-Ray machine. Against my better judgment (and a rather blur instruction), I left my laptop in my bag...in which the police officer asked to take it out from the bag and scan it again. How embarrassing as I am holding back the line.

My flight is the third flight of the day.

The new extended domestic pier is finally being put into use!

I was seated at 28E or the middle seat, the crappiest seat one could get in a 3-3 seated narrow body airplane. The window seat (28F) however was empty and as the flow of passengers boarding slowing down to trickle, I was praying so hard that the window seat is unoccupied so that I move over to enjoy my view while I stretches my leg to the middle seat making myself comfortable. When the flight attendants close the door and the window seat is still unoccupied...
Aww Yeah it is. Especially after all the drama on the ground.

Leaving on a jetplane.

Bidding farewell to Pearl Island for one whole month while the sun is rising.

AirAsia's inflight magazine, featuring my zodiac year Dragon. Even though 2012 is my zodiac year, it's actually not a good year according to Chinese Almanac because apparently, it's conflicting with the guardian deity of the year or as they call it in Chinese tradition, 犯太岁. If I didn't go to temple to appease him (to go through all those round of incense giving), it will be a year of tribulation and tough luck. My mom will definitely drag me to temple this year but because of recent misfortunes even before the year of Rabbit ends, I actually didn't mine that much if there's anything I could do to clear that.

Flying across the endless reach of billowing clouds...green land began to emerge down below. I've flown across South China Sea and reaching home, my beautiful Sarawak on the island of Borneo!

Landing approach flying above Stutong while having a vista of Kuching city centre. Just look at how green Kuching is.

Landing at KIA. How long I haven't step my foot here.

Immigration because flight to Peninsula and Sabah from Sarawak is subjected to extra immigration control though the only valid document Malaysian is required for this extra layer of immigration is just IC.

Asked my bro to pick me up from the Airport and since it's only 9:30 am by the time I reaches home...breakfast. KUEH CHAP at Kota Sentosa Market!

Oh one very important mission of the day: sending my laptop for service over Toshiba's official service centre. Paid RM100 upfront for diagnosis. And my warranty has expired. I wonder how long will it take for them to do finish the service. So many stuff to be done.
Then at the later part of that day: spent time with my younger bro hanging out over his friends place making cookies and croquette. Rainy evening (Kuching's weather is the best: sunny in the morning, raining in the evening, cool at night) and after work rush hour forced us to kill time over Jade Pot for some dumpling. Got back home, amazed by the extra aircon at individual rooms. The end of Day 1.

-13 January 2012, Friday-

Breakfast over Huat-Huat. Ordered extra large bowl because almost brunch time. What Kuching food I haven't replenish yet?
Evening: Spent time painting the gates at home, an unfinished job before the storm cloud came. Last in line again for PC since I sent my laptop for service.

Night: Catch a glimpse of Kuching Sentral which incidentally soft-opened on the day I landed in Kuching. There are plenty of work to be done though as the underground parking lot, the bus ticketing and staging area and the top commercial floor remained closed and there are still unoccupied shop lots but otherwise, the main anchor supermarket H&L and a few more others outlets (Lea Sports and Shoe. Grand Department Store) has opened including Sugarbun which its branch over Kota Sentosa bankrupted for years before making a comeback here over Kuching Sentral. A mall cum transport hub. Exciting days ahead with rapid development in Kuching! So many new discovery to be done! *giddy*
Oh last but not least though, one thing that I have not been doing for the past 48 hours? Hanging out outside...and no invites. *cue awkward silence over mobile phone* I didn't make my presence over Facebook enough? I wanna hang out and limteh!

Epilogue: I don't want time to pass. I wanna freeze time and live forever. Time ticking while no one notice. Transient time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Chinese New year..nice following your blog,..

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...