Friday, 13 April 2012

[Filler] Magia - Kalafina

Prologue: I have good stuff and I can't wait to share it! Who cares about bits of my life anyway?

Single cover of Magia by Kalafina.
Magia is closing song of Puella Magi Madoka Magica (魔法少女まどか☆マギカ, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica) and after helping myself downloading the single a couple of days ago, I just can't help but to put it in repeat as if I am in some sort of trance, enthralled by the witch's kiss. The ominous chanting, violin score, bell chiming, heavy guitar and powerful vocal has done magic in creating dark yet oddly mesmerizing atmosphere of the song that just creeps into the very core of your soul. It's even more powerful when you have the full knowledge about the background story of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Just to give you as taste, here's the ED animation of Puella Magi Madoka Magica followed by the full (somewhat slightly low pitched, probably to skim through copyright requirement) song. There are people who uploaded the full album online anyway so just search it over the ever trusty Google yourself!





If you want to belt it out along to the song, here's the full lyrics in both Romaji, Kanji and Translation courtesy of Anime Lyrics dot com. (Why I didn't post it here in this post itself? Because it's messy to format and realign the whole thing properly.)

Talking about Puella Magi Madoka Magica itself, in case you're wondering why would I fall for a seemingly magical girl/Mahou Shoujo anime (complete with stylised pink title and a star!) and at the same time bemused at the seemingly dark ending for a magical girl anime, that's because things are not really what it seems to be...In fact, I also had misconception that this series is just yet another magical girl anime but after just watching an episode when my brother is watching it over PPStream plus spoiling myself over Puella Magi wiki and TVTropes page that I know that this is a must watch. For the uninitiated (both fan and non-fan of magical girl anime), let's just say Puella Magi Madoka Magica is a bare all deconstruction of magical girl anime with various allusion to Goethe's Faust, choke full of surrealism and emotion. Another major selling point besides the storyline is of course the OSTs as well composed by the talented Yuki Kajiura (in fact, Kalafina is her project!). I am weak for orchestra music especially when it's heavy and dramatic. It's all over Youtube and people uploaded the full OSTs online so go find it and download it. Animated by Shaft with a talented team, it is indeed THE anime of 2011 and I guess I stop spoiling you further but implore you to watch it.

Cue cliche expression of "do not judge the book by the cover" or rather in this case, the title.

Kyubey: "Let's make a contract!"

Epilogue: Crap my Picasa Web Album (where Blogger uploads photo) is FULL? Is it the so called curse of Friday 13 rubbing off me?

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...