Prologue: Finally some proper post with original contents. Not going to write a lot though because I think the material is good as it is without additional blemishing and plus, I am lazy.
-21 April 2012 (Saturday)-
Universiti Sains Malaysia's 45th Convocation. The convocation ceremony held around early of the year (during the 2nd semester of the academic year) is much smaller when compared to the larger mid-year (during 1st semester of the academic year) one because it only last for a day. Still, a convocation is still a convocation, the time where a graduand's journey in the ivory tower comes to its conclusion before the next stage in their life unfurls. Most importantly, it turns out I still have a few more people to sent off.
 |
| The day started off with substantial downpour, seemingly raining on anxious graduands' parade. (Pic taken when I heads out for a breakfast + online session over my current mamak haunt, Pelita. Brr!) |
 |
| Fortunately for them, the cloud cleared right before noon and what seems to be a rain on their parade has turned into a blessing, clearing up the sky and revealing its actual splendour of deep azure with undulating fluff of clouds. |
 |
| The sky has revealed its limitless boundary with view as far as I can see. |
 |
| ...and there we have fellow graduates donning their flowing purple academic regalia, capturing one last moment of their time in Bumi Minden. Congratulations on your graduations, my fellow young'uns. Godspeed in all future endeavour. (Picture pilfered from Facebook picture tag by AhBoh, the lady in red. Graduates featured in this pic are YuWen and MMay. There are two more of my juniors actually but did manage to get their group photos.) |
These occasion does make wonder how many more people left in my life that I wish to bid farewell and sent off...and when will it be my turn to be given a farewell and official sent off... (It all falls on whether I can finish my research in due time of course but that's another story so til then...) Come to think of it, this is also the third mini-convo that I went to way back to 2010. (Big convo: 2010 and 2011) Halcyons days indeed.
Epilogue: Talking about future, compiled a quite decent amount of materials to be write about in the future..provided that my writing mojo is around. (Which for most of the time, not around. That's why my research is going no where.)
No comments:
Post a Comment