Tuesday, 6 November 2012

[Filler] Skyfall by Adele.

Prologue: Because this cyberspace abode of mine has been woefully neglected for way too long but the mood for writing anything substantial or meaningful has yet to come back. 

Going for a movie in a cinema for me is rather rare leaning towards impossibility these days with my social drain in the gutter and everyone that I know gone off somewhere else BUT it just so happen (OK, my younger bro in USM is usually my only contact with human being in a normal day so when he invited me to go out, of course I am gonna take it!) that I got to watch the latest James Bond movie, 007: Skyfall in the cinema in which the official theme song, the eponymous Skyfall was sang by the sensuous songstress Adele. It's unbelievable it has been 50 years since Agent 007 came alive on silver screen and this latest installment is the 23rd with Daniel Craig at the helm as the sixth official James Bond.

Some thoughts about 007: Skyfall and potential spoiler alert for those who haven't watch the movie: 1) Skyfall Lodge is where everything began and end for James Bond. Welcome to Scotland! 2) Changing times indeed: a new (younger!) Q which can only be described as geeky boffin with glasses and tweed, a female agent who saw some action this time in which everybody presumed (at least I do) is a Bond Girl is actually Miss Eve Moneypenny and last but not least, a new M. (wait until the end of the movie) 3) Bond Girls plays almost an inconsequential role in this movie (save for Ms. Moneypenny but that's not much too. Then again, this pattern is consistent with Daniel Craig's James Bond era which saw a timeline reboot in order to create a more believable, darker and realistic James Bond. The age of out of the world, exotic escapade with ridiculously named sex symbols rife in the 70s is gone.) and the Femme Fatale working for the villain actually die halfway through the movie. 4) James Bond's villain has always been outlandish but this one is certainly pushing the fold a little more to the point of hilarity. The (male) villain is feeling up 007's thigh. It might not be James Bond's first time too. 'Nuff said.

Back to Skyfall the song itself, it has to be the only recent James Bond theme song that actually etches in my mind (the timeless official James Bond theme with viewfinder/gun barrel motif aside) with Adele's sensuous, melodic voice coupled with instrumental backing that one can immediately relate as being James Bond, a more realistic and yet still maintain its allure James Bond of modern era. Skyfall (both movie and song) definitely worth looking forward to feast all your senses. So here's Skyfall by Adele, the official theme song for 007: Skyfall.


Skyfall - Adele

This is the end
Hold your breath and count to ten
Feel the earth move and then
Hear my heart burst again

For this is the end
I've drowned and dreamed this moment
So overdue, I owe them
Swept away, I'm stolen

Let the sky fall, when it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together

Let the sky fall, when it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together
At skyfall

Skyfall is where we start
A thousand miles and poles apart
When worlds collide, and days are dark
You may have my number, you can take my name
But you'll never have my heart

Let the sky fall, when it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together

Let the sky fall, when it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together
At skyfall

Where you go I go,
What you see I see
I know I'll never be me, without the security
Of your loving arms
Keeping me from harm
Put your hand in my hand
And we'll stand

Let the sky fall, when it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together

Let the sky fall,
when it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together
At skyfall

Let the sky fall
We will stand tall
At skyfall

Epilogue: Taking it slowly and surely...but can I afford any more to take it slowly? Is it adequate? Is it enough? What else? What more? Do I miss anything? All these questions lingers in mind and surfaced from time to time to haunt me. It's scary.


Meanwhile, November. *cue the oft repeated line of the mark of passing time where everything is transient*

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...