Sunday, 17 March 2013

運命の悪戯...のか?(and 13.)

ある日、ある手紙がドアの隙間で入ってきた。

冗談だろう?嘘だろう?こんなに馬鹿にされてどゆこと、この畜生目が!?ふさげんな!
-日本語で書くのは終了。僕の日本語はこれだけでできる-

Anyway, having such shocker first thing in the morning, I rushed off to the office to settle this matter by submitting my tenancy extension form just to cover the final three months of my candidacy and I have no idea  whether it's going to be approved or not. What will happen if it's not approved? What do shit always appear when I didn't anticipate it? Or perhaps I should have anticipated this predicament in the first place? Karma? 自業自得?もう勘弁してよ...

Coincidentally on that day before I head off to Georgetown just to have another escapade, I bought The Star...and this is  what it says at the horoscope section for my star sign Virgo.  As much as I think Astrology is mostly bollocks, this is dead on spooky? Actually, who's tasked of coming up all these cryptic premonition in newspaper's horoscope section anyway and how much were they paid? 
Talking about my escape to Georgetown itself (13/15 Mac 2013):

212 Beach Street is featuring yet another exhibition, this time involving 13 artists and the exhibition will be going on from 13 March to 31 March daily. Also featured in this picture are the exhibition and gallery's statement about the theme of the day and art exhibition in general. I actually went there on 13 March itself during daytime but unfortunately I was mislead by their poster as it turns out it will only began after their opening party at night. Made a second trip again on 15 March just to make it. The trips itself of course is more than art but more on that later.

The babies is back. (Artist Low Chee Peng's recurring theme) Never ceased to creep me out. Any loaded takers? All of these are on sale, including that rubble that the baby stood on with (plastic) plant symbolically sprucing out. 

Other arts on exhibition includes fat MAN with breastS suckling its offspring, the epic of Nazha (哪吒) with chinese ink on brown paper, a small wooden coffin with a knuckle punching out for freedom and a broken pinata.

After immersing myself in art, lunch is in order and I am keen to try out the foods I missed the last time I've been there at Beach Street Food Court. On the 13 March (the day I kind of failed in the art trip because they have not started yet), I finally got to try Ali Nasi Lemak which is apparently the best nasi lemak in town. With standard price of RM1.50 regardless of variety (there are six types of nasi lemak belacan topping on offer. I start off safe with Chicken), it's indeed a banana-leafed pyramid of spicy deliciousness. It has came to my knowledge as well that there's another famous beef noodle stall at that food court and that's what I had for lunch when I went there for the second time on 15 March. Verdict: nice but I think Nam Ah's still better somewhat.

Epilogue: Scraping through or downfall? My greatest fear right now.

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...