Recommended accompanying tune: Hello, Goodbye by The Beatles.
As I (almost certainly, one way or the other, finger's crossed!) bid farewell to one stage of my life, so too my time with a humble little crow's nest that I call abode for the past one year. My rental contract is approaching end and my landlord has finally decided to move in...along with the rest of his family planning on extensive renovation of the house which means I definitely have to search for a new place.
A frantic search on rental listing website resulting in checking out a series of less than ideal (transport and budget wise) rooms later, I stumble upon an unclaimed gem. A medium room for a price less than I paid for my crow's nest but with better living condition in an apartment? OK, it doesn't have a fan and the shared internet is basic (Streamyx 1mbps) but at the very least it has a bed and a closet, Streamyx won't die for no apparently reason, kitchen actually has a functional stove and the rest of the house is fully furnished with everything that is need. What a bargain! What a lifesaver! *DEAL SEALED*.
Come end of August after I am done submitting my thesis for examination and right before I head off for family gathering, I have two days for moving. Seven years of accumulated possessions moved into the new place, all by myself (aided tremendously by the car of course).
| So goodbye to my crow's nest on the tenth floor with open corridor. Thanks for sheltering me for the past one year. |
| ...meanwhile, hello to my new abode and am looking forward to shinier state of living. Sure it's not the at the top floor but being somewhere in the middle is fine with me. |
There might be a couple more Hellos and Goodbyes in the immediate months to come and hopefully everything will be smooth and willing when happened...
Afterword: Speaking of which (in a vague link of subject to current affair as well as in conjunction of September 16), Scotland will be deciding whether it will be a goodbye or not to a 307 years old union to the United Kingdom on this coming Thursday. Any regionalist/sovereignty movement across the globe, nascent or established, will be following the development of the Scottish Independence Referendum (or hailing to the Twittersphere, the #indyref) with bated breath complete underlying anticipation, nervousness and excitement. The outcome of the vote regardless of Aye or Nay and its subsequent follow up in years to come will serve an example of how sovereignty can be achieved democratically and peacefully. As for me, I sure as hope that Sarawakian (like me) has the opportunity once again to decide the destiny of their homeland some time in future, hopefully in my lifetime. Who knows finally, Fair Land Sarawak will be embracing true sovereignty and self-determination. I would've wrote an detailed opinion piece about this prospect but now, let me have a rest first.
~Dum Spiro Spero, While I breath, I hope, Haraplah Selagi Bernafas~
No comments:
Post a Comment