Thursday, 25 October 2007

Follow up on my trip to temple: SUCKS.

During the last post, i relented and decided to follow my mom to the temple because the whatever deity/monk/priest/reincarnated buddha/whatever it is came to officiate/open the newly built temple/monastery. Everyone is in a mood of happiness, but i am not. My mom went of for duty as a volunteer and so me and my sibling have to sit around and wait. Then having a disgruntled mind, I start to do a little thinking........

thinking 1: This temple was built purely on devotees' donation and ITS BIG. So, this is how far devotion towards religion can go? I wonder how much money a fully, organizational religion can make just on the frail mind of devotees?

As i contemplating, the VIP arrived. They are: former Pending assemblyman, YB Datuk Sim Kheng Hui, former Mayor of Kuching South, YB Datuk Chan Seng Khai, and another Datuk which i have no idea of. Then the thinkings goes further.......

thinking 2: Does a sect of religion deserve this much of a publicity? VIP and reporters? What happen to humility in religion??

Then that deity/monk/priest/reincarnated buddha/whatever it is arrive.......in a SPANKING NEW Mercedes. I think it must be some really rich devotees who volunteered to use his SPANKING NEW MERCEDES to fetch him from the airport. And then all those devotees crowding in and scream "I LOVE YOU, *insert some religious title in*!!!!!" For the ancestors and Buddha's sake, does that deity/monk/priese/reincarnated buddha/whatever it is deserve THIS MUCH ATTENTION!?

As soon as that deity/monk/priest/reincarnated buddha/whatever it is make his speech, IT SOUNDS WRONG TO ME ALREADY.

He claim that he IS the buddha, he can talk to other deities up in the other realm(Heaven) and he is so powerful andn influential that he can make the sky raining and thundering. It is the sign that the other realm(Heaven) is rejoice with his arrival to Kuching. (yes it rained)

THIS IS THE WORST BULLSHIT THAT I EVER HEARD. MY BRAIN CRACKED IN PURE RIDICULITY OF HIS SPEECH. What makes it even worse? EVERYONE believed him(yes , including my mom, aunties, cousins.....) and gave him a thunderous applause. It is just pure meteorological coincidence, for God/Buddha/Allah sake's!!!! If you are this powerful, why don't you remove George W. Bush?! Totally baseless statement. I bet he checked the weather forecast carefully before he came here.

thinking 3: I wonder how much illogical things that a religion do to a sane person. It makes you believe on something that is non-existant, unsubstantial and merely fragment of human imagination. Is this how frail our human mind can be? Pure-blind devotion?

thinking 4: All those religious devotees paid much, MUCH more loyalty towards something that is not exist(otherwise known as god) and unsubstantial than their own country/nation. Its ridiculous!!!!! If someone are blindly0 devoted to non-existant entities, then my suggestion to them is: Go and get a nationality in heaven then.

Some of my mom's action still enrage(yes i am enrage) me to no end, like how she pick up remaining unopened packet drinks in the room where that deity/monk/priest/reincarnated buddha/whatever it is take his rest and gives everyone in the family to drink because suppossibly it is blessed under the presence of the deity/monk/priest/reincarnated buddha/whatever it is. Or like many other times where she shushed me whenever i want to speak out loud my opinions regarding all this ridiculous hoo-hah.

One last thing, I really hope she will never pray to that reincarnated buddha/whatever it is to understand me because the only thing she need to do: ASK.

All those thinking above applies on other religion as well. Blind devotion, orthodoxy and fanaticism towards any religion will lead to the fragmentation and downfall of humanity. If anyone offended by my post, I will don my flame-prove suit and flamethrower and aim it at all those overly-religious.

4 comments:

Garrick said...

I support you. Though u can't blame them; they're disillusioned by their beliefs. You a free thinker?

kVys2o0o said...

Although I couldn't disagree more with you, I do believe the existence of those things. It may looks really stupid, crap and ridiculous, then what about other religions?

Isn't it all about the same? No, I do not believe in the existence of religions merely by the fact of those super powerful people. I believe the good benefits it brings to the people and as a respect to the ancestors.

Many people have misunderstood the existence of God. Christians argue that God only exist within the Christianity context and so the Islamic... in fact, all those major religions worship the same God, it's just that some religions worship the other Lords as they believe the direct result it will bring.

I wouldn't deny the fact that it sound rather nonsense in all those things, but believe it or not... it DO have the effects on the people. It's just how we make ourself to believe it. Religion has in fact help to create peaceful atmosphere while binding the relationship of each other.

Just take it this way, if you don't believe in it, PLEASE do not say anything faulty about it! Keep that within yourself, who knows one day you'll be doing what your mum did. We never know...

LiZaRdboi_88 said...

@Garrick: I support freedom of un-religion!(that is, freedom not to have one)

@Kenny: I personally have lots of question toward gods. All of them. And you know, my mom says the same thing that you said in the last paragraph. ("If you don't believe it yourself, then don't criticise others for believing it")

So in the name of respecting other ppls belief/religion, we cannot discuss, give opinions or criticise any religion because we are offending other ppl's belief. We should all be silent and just follow our own worship. No need to "jaga tepi kain orang lain".

Hmph.

Anonymous said...

1st of all i would like to recomfirm wif u whether tis reincarnated buddha tad u mention in ur blog is 真佛宗?actually tis so called reincarnated buddha who claimed he can do lotsa "unbelievable" great things is not recognize by the Malaysia Buddhist Association and this had been clarify through the media. In case some ppl mix it with Buddhism, i thk i should clarify it at here.

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...