Ahh, so long didn't blog already.........and so here i am to blog out my thought......
1st: Campus Election 2007 @ USM.
The annual campus election had arrived again and USM is in.........silent........
Yes, in comparison with UM, UKM and UPM, USM is relatively peaceful....no conflict, no scandal and no smears(well just a little) and burns in USM. (in UM, both sides burns each others banner, scary isn't it?) It is almost disturbingly quiet.(but then kinda appreciate it as well) And you know what? Most newspaper that I read devote only a short paragraph(or worse, from The Star, 2 lines!!!) about the USM election result!!! Dunno shud i laugh at this or not.......only mandarin language newspaper GuangHua Daily based in Penang devote half a page for USM....... But of course, SMS that says please support ASPIRASI(pro-uni) and Pro-mahasiswa still flies around(and i recieved it from both sides...but then how did they got my num??), stickers still posted around in hostel( esp sokongi ASPIRASI stickers), campaign still goes on.....(btw they waste a lot of paper for this)
And of course being a good citizen *coughcough* , I VOTED. Unfortunately, 25% of the student didn't vote( drop from 90+ last years....but then it is compulsory voting last year and not this year) One snag about this election is that it was done during Ramadhan and the class is still on as usual(on that day itself, i was late for my tutorial...SHIT) Anyway, we have 7(or izzit 5?) opposition in MPP this years, i think is slight increase then last year. And also 5 chinese candidates, all from school constituency but not in general constituency. (just to let you know, USM is divided into general constituency(6 seats total), that we vote 6 candidates as whole and school seat in which all school are allocated at least one seat....my school, which has two seats, finished without contest....huh?) And in conclusion, USM campus election is.....QUIET......
2nd: WUS101
Hereby i restate my stand on this bloody course:
I HATE WUS 101!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why the hell the fucking course has to fucking torture me on this kind of the time?!! Its almost the last week of the sem and still we need to do the fucking RP and presentation!!!! STUPID jackass lecturer!!!!!!!!!!!!! RP is not done(yes my brain is dying because of this), laporan jualan presentation unclear, and my marks is at stake.....really can I just drop this fucking course!!!!!!!!!
I AM SO FUCKING SCREWED RIGHT NOW. IN FACT, I WOULD LIKE TO SCREW THOSE MONEY EMBEZZLING LECTURER IN THE ASS RIGHT NOW BEFORE I SCREW MYSELF!!!!!!
I HATE WUS101!!!!! I HATE WUS101!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE WUS101!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*endrantbutnotvengeance*
3rd: Study week (and probably beyond)
I will be back for Raya people, next Wednesday in fact. So please wait for me, OK!!!! But then, it will be examination and i have no idea i will score or not......And after that, i nid to go to NLDS in UM on 5th of December and now i am not so sure how to go!!! somebody help me!!!!
Thats all from me. Thanks for people who read my thought and rant.
4 comments:
i don understand why there is thing like election in an university! wasting lots of resources! burn banners? some ppl don hav paper to write n yet they print lotsa papers tad everyone takes it n throw on the floor? wat the hell? this should be stop!
I think campus election is essential in ensuring students involvement uni's affair(even though just an advisory role and as if they done nothing....opps where do i wondered off....)
However they could have campaign in a more eco-friendly way. Seeing all those campaign flyers and poster on the floor and rubbishdump makes me wonder that all the 'lestari' policy that USM paid so much attention of is gone in that period of time.....so much for Universiti dalam taman......
well...in some aspect it may help...but the problem is d election nowadays is getting wild! yes...i mean wild! the real purpose is not there anymore! at the mean time, lotsa resources are being wasted n why don we take those wasted money go n help really poor students tad really need help for further education?
Well, all politics are wild, campus or national.
Actually I think most of the campaign expenditures are from the candidates own pocket(especially the small flyers) The bigger poster depicting candidates' face, however is uni's money(but if it comes from the deposit money that the candidate put upon nomination, then its their own money, again)
The issues here is the unsustainability of the posters and flyers. Technically they are useless after the election because every year the candidate is different. Plus they cannot have a general poster that can be reuse cos it is a non-partisan (mean supporting no side) candidacy(officially only, cos in actual fact the candidates is still divided between ASPIRASI n PRO-MAHASISWA albeit in shadow. so u can still see offcially illegal stickers calling to support ASPIRASI and PROMAHASISWA around.)
Personally, i prefer real non-partisan candidacy where the pre-election side/leaning influence/advantage does not exist. Only then i will call the campus election as real clean, now its full of spots.
Post a Comment