Despite slightly unstable descend due to cloudy weather, I landed safely back to my beloved hometown, Kuching...
And I was immediately welcomed by my still very boisterous family. (well...except my elder brother though who will only come back tomorrow evening, right before reunion dinner cos he missed his flight yesterday...lolx) And oddly, I didn't think of them as a bother as much as last time...in fact, I even accepted my mom's advice to go temple along with her during the CNY eve without any protest at all, unlike my usual, non-compliant me. Did my attitude towards my family changed this time? Or I am just longing for a well-needed comfort after being thrust into uncertainty way too many times back in uni-life? This is the question that pops into my mind when I am finally have my own alone time just now...
Come to think of it, I do think I really need to take as much of rest as possible before flying back to uni again about a week later and yet again meeting face to face with the harsh reality...*and the fact that some of the reality actually follows me home in the form of assignment is not pleasing me...*
But whatever that will happen in the future, for NOW...
I AM HOME.
我回来了.
Saya dah balik.
ただいま。
我回来了.
Saya dah balik.
ただいま。
*Edited. Added more photos about my journey back home and first couple of hours back at my home sweet home, Kuching*
Waiting line over the AirAsia check in counter. All of us were a lil late so we are at the back of the line.
But even then *lolx*, our hunger got a hold of us and all of us decided to eat out at McDonald Penang Intl' Airport...
...and we grab ourselves a McValue meal! (...but dang, Airport price is higher than ordinary.)
McChicken. While I was eating, I saw a familiar figure walking past and ready to go to the airside and not before long I called out his name...it was ChinKai, my former highschool classmate who is now studying Dentistry in AIMST, Kedah. And we are on the same flight back! *woot* It has been quite a while since I bumped into anyone back in highschool time over Penang...Opps, havent't finish the fries yet!
By the time we are done with our McD and went pass the custom, a long line had already formed and again we are stucked at the end of the line...
That's our plane! Time to switch off the phone so no photo at PEN tarmac this time...As for the flight itself, it is still pretty much the same boring 2 hour flight except occasional small bumps and mild turbulance while entering Kuching's airspace. But dang to make it worse, I was stucked at an aisle seat so no view, no magazine in seat pocket so had to borrow it from the passenger beside me, and I was separated (even though its only by one row) from my friend so not much conversation...
Passenger scrambling for overhead luggage after landed at KIA...and the passenger behind me actually dropped his bag on my head! Luckily it was a small bag so I am still safe...but this is definitely an interesting way to end this boring flight...Luckily the back door was open so all of us went off from the plane from behind...
A shot of AirAsia Airbus 320 over the tarmac *woot*
Airside, KIA. Blurry~~~
But one small perk to compensate of boarding the plane late is that our luggage in cargo will come out earlier and within couple of minutes, I reclaimed my luggage and already waiting for my family to pick me up at the Arrival Area.
...and since I am still in time for dinner, they left a couple of dishes for me...
...in which the highlight is of course, the Pork Leg Stew! Preview to CNY Reunion dinner~~~~
Prepared by the master cook of the family, my Dad. (still busy preparing materials etc for the coming reunion dinner...)
Very nice AngPau set (with individual design!) courtesy of Yeo's (if I am not mistaken). Ends up as decoration at my home's living room.
TangLung at the carporch, with the two larger one lighted with lightbulb courtesy of Sarawak Energy...dad got it as a CNY bonus lolx.
And then me and my younger brother got bored at home so both of us went out for a little excursion before we end up at the kolo mee stall. We ordered our drinks...
...and we ordered Kolo Mee! First bowl of kolo mee for this week!
It's a lil dark, but you get the picture. Scrumptious!
And after we came home, my ever health conscious mom sliced a couple of Jambu air for all of us. Thanks mom. Picture taken in my room. And that night was the first night I slept back at my bed, breathing the cool, after-rain air of Kuching...
*more updates on CNY eve and Reunion Dinner in the coming post!*
Waiting line over the AirAsia check in counter. All of us were a lil late so we are at the back of the line.
But even then *lolx*, our hunger got a hold of us and all of us decided to eat out at McDonald Penang Intl' Airport...
...and we grab ourselves a McValue meal! (...but dang, Airport price is higher than ordinary.)
McChicken. While I was eating, I saw a familiar figure walking past and ready to go to the airside and not before long I called out his name...it was ChinKai, my former highschool classmate who is now studying Dentistry in AIMST, Kedah. And we are on the same flight back! *woot* It has been quite a while since I bumped into anyone back in highschool time over Penang...Opps, havent't finish the fries yet!
By the time we are done with our McD and went pass the custom, a long line had already formed and again we are stucked at the end of the line...
That's our plane! Time to switch off the phone so no photo at PEN tarmac this time...As for the flight itself, it is still pretty much the same boring 2 hour flight except occasional small bumps and mild turbulance while entering Kuching's airspace. But dang to make it worse, I was stucked at an aisle seat so no view, no magazine in seat pocket so had to borrow it from the passenger beside me, and I was separated (even though its only by one row) from my friend so not much conversation...
Passenger scrambling for overhead luggage after landed at KIA...and the passenger behind me actually dropped his bag on my head! Luckily it was a small bag so I am still safe...but this is definitely an interesting way to end this boring flight...Luckily the back door was open so all of us went off from the plane from behind...
A shot of AirAsia Airbus 320 over the tarmac *woot*
Airside, KIA. Blurry~~~
But one small perk to compensate of boarding the plane late is that our luggage in cargo will come out earlier and within couple of minutes, I reclaimed my luggage and already waiting for my family to pick me up at the Arrival Area.
...and since I am still in time for dinner, they left a couple of dishes for me...
...in which the highlight is of course, the Pork Leg Stew! Preview to CNY Reunion dinner~~~~
Prepared by the master cook of the family, my Dad. (still busy preparing materials etc for the coming reunion dinner...)
Very nice AngPau set (with individual design!) courtesy of Yeo's (if I am not mistaken). Ends up as decoration at my home's living room.
TangLung at the carporch, with the two larger one lighted with lightbulb courtesy of Sarawak Energy...dad got it as a CNY bonus lolx.
And then me and my younger brother got bored at home so both of us went out for a little excursion before we end up at the kolo mee stall. We ordered our drinks...
...and we ordered Kolo Mee! First bowl of kolo mee for this week!
It's a lil dark, but you get the picture. Scrumptious!
And after we came home, my ever health conscious mom sliced a couple of Jambu air for all of us. Thanks mom. Picture taken in my room. And that night was the first night I slept back at my bed, breathing the cool, after-rain air of Kuching...*more updates on CNY eve and Reunion Dinner in the coming post!*
Epilogue: And hopefully, I will actually have time to occupy the computer since all 4 of us sibling will literally fighting over for the right over the home computer with Streamyx...and when everything settled down through mutual truce, I will be the last one in the slot so mostly, you might only see me online late at night.
2 comments:
Welcome back, Zhe Rong. =)
Thanks, Ced. And happy CNY to you too!
Post a Comment