Monday, 23 November 2009

[Kinda semi filler] Ciao dall'italia! + Love the night

Prologue: FINALLY I AM HOME! Back to my beloved hometown, Kuching! Oh, there are so many things that were installed for me for my holiday back in Kuching. Outing/limteh-ing trip DO WANT!! As for the purpose of this short filler post, there are a few more things that I want to blog about (exam reviews, excursion to Kedah and going home comes to mind) but right now I wanna share this really LMAO tidbits of my life first as well as another real good stuff.

During the second day of my excursion (20 Nov) to Kedah with the ZhiMuis (tm), I received a sms from my younger bro (Omega Zachary Efron Tate Zince Y.H. Liew) using my moms phone. The excerpt of message:

"U got a postcard that show 2 balls n weenie *sic* frm szesze"

My initial reaction: OMGWTFBBQ.

So that's why that Lintujen on Suomesta asked for my home address in Facebook! That birdie had sent me postcard that depicts human anatomy that somewhat have uncanny similarity with two balls and a wiener. Now I pretty sure that my younger bro as well as my parent is having a field day about me receiving 2 balls and wiener at that moment.

Fast forward to Sunday 22 Nov 2009, the day that I returned to Kuching. I finally get a good luck at the elusive postcard that depicts 2 balls and a wiener...

Tada! A smiling Wiener and Balls! Ciao dall'italia! I believed that it was David's Balls and Wiener here. It wasn't THAT spectacular anyway, with or without sunglasses.

And the back of the postcard. You Birdie Chuah, you! Anyway, thanks for the postcard and the o.85 euro worth of stamps from Italia! And yeah, all the other Zhimuis wants a postcard too. MOAR POSTCARD!!!

Just to mark the ending of this part of the post with more oomph and suitable for the occasion, here's Fratelli D'italia, the national anthem of Italy, famous for it's operatic dan dramatic arrangement of songs and lyrics.



Fratelli d'Italia,
l'Italia s'è desta,
dell'elmo di Scipio
s'è cinta la testa.
Dov'è la Vittoria?
Le porga la chioma,
ché schiava di Roma
Iddio la creò.

CORO:
Stringiamci a coorte,
siam pronti alla morte.
Siam pronti alla morte,
l'Italia chiamò.
Stringiamci a coorte,
siam pronti alla morte.
Siam pronti alla morte,
l'Italia chiamò!

Noi fummo da secoli
calpesti, derisi,
perché non siam popolo,
perché siam divisi.
Raccolgaci un'unica
bandiera, una speme:
di fonderci insieme
già l'ora suonò.

CORO

Uniamoci, amiamoci,
l'unione e l'amore
rivelano ai popoli
le vie del Signore.
Giuriamo far libero
il suolo natio:
uniti, per Dio,
chi vincer ci può?

CORO

Dall'Alpi a Sicilia
Dovunque è Legnano,
Ogn'uom di Ferruccio
Ha il core, ha la mano,
I bimbi d'Italia
Si chiaman Balilla,
Il suon d'ogni squilla
I Vespri suonò.

CORO

Son giunchi che piegano
Le spade vendute:
Già l'Aquila d'Austria
Le penne ha perdute.
Il sangue d'Italia,
Il sangue Polacco,
Bevé, col cosacco,
Ma il cor le bruciò.

CORO

------------------------------------------------

Sony had always been very creative in their ad and their way to attract people to use their digital product especially digital camera. There's one particular ad which had been around TV recently managed to captivate and mesmerize me. Here's Love the night, Sony Cybershot TX1 ad.



The part that I love the most about the ad is actually the soundtrack accompanying the ad. The mesmerizing voice as well as the accompanying music really capture the fantasy and mystique of the night. The lyric itself is this:

LYRICS:
When the twighlight sings,
its washed away, way by the sea
open up your eyes, believe the dream
You see how I feel,
that feeling something's just not real
we are drifting through the stars
floating here to Mars
Believe the dream

The song was sang by Emma Pask and unfortunately for lots of us who love the song: the song was only written for the ad only. *cry* Such quality for an ad song! It should have release a full song of this!

Epilogue: Despite how much I love the night, it's almost 4am in the morning. *sigh*. Anyway, this holiday of mine is not without busy though with the first half of my final year project waiting to be done and a deadline to keep (15 Dec), better get myself busy first before I gone out for limteh-ing and outing!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...