Sunday, 14 February 2010

The day I come home. (Friday 12 Feb)

So as usual I came home taking the usual daily direct flight from Penang to Kuching at 6:20pm which usually take approximately 2 hours which means that I will usually reach home around 8:20pm plus. In fact, the whole day was really uneventful except being excruciatingly hot (as usual for Penang the cursed island) which I failed to take a nap and some last minute packing. I am on the same flight with another coursemate of mine which means I saved some taxi money by sharing it with her. Anyway, reached airport, checked in, got decent mid-plane seat even though its aisle seat (better than the middle seat. Middle seat is crap!), had Mc’D, bump into a few more acquaintances that will be sharing the flight home to Kuching and not before long, I reached the boarding gate and managed to do a little onlining before boarding just to update my Facebook etc.

P2122763  People started to queue up when the clock hits 6pm but not before long, the ground crew announced that the flight had been delayed for about 20 minutes which I think is not much of a big deal especially since I whip out my laptop to have some quickie online session. And oh, looks like they improved the wireless coverage there! And soon, the plane arrived and I pack my lappie back and wait in line to board the plane…

P2122764 And soon, the A320 shoots up to the air like a rocket (seriously, AirAsia had the tendency to ascend really fast upon take off) and we’re on flight level 330~~~

P2122765 Just a shot of the interior of A320.

Anyway, after a yet another relatively uneventful flight (and thank god no constant baby cry! There are two babies right a few rows behind me!), except a cloudy descend (which the plane bank to one side and turn while IN the cloud. Even though clouds are just puff of air but it is still kinda scary to see nothing outside.), I landed safely at Kuching International Airport. The “Domestic Arrival (Outside Sarawak)/Ketibaan dalam negara (Luar Sarawak)” as well as the usual Immigration counter reminded me fondly that I am finally home, my beloved Cat City Kuching. I reclaimed my luggage and then exited the terminal building. But there’s one thing that I need to do before I can go home: need to pass AhBui’s (who came home two days earlier) BakGua to her. I called her (I feel rather in disbelief she is not there even when I messaged her that I landed in Kuching while still on the plane but nevermind that…) which then she came after a little wait later and I passed her BakGua as promised and she paid. Now I can go home with little obligation! My mom pick me up a few moments later which I was greeted (as usual) by my  two grinning smile of my younger brothers. Doing a little catch up, chit-chatting and updating along the way home and not too long later, I reached my home sweet home, decorated with Red Chinese Lantern and ready for festive season…

P2122771 Decorative red lanterns at the car porch. I love how the light were reflected at the ceiling.

Little did I know about the surprise that was installed for me at home…

P2122768 As I stepped into the living room, I was greeted with this: a BRAND NEW LG LCD Widescreen LCD TV as well as new Home Entertainment Set/Unit Shelf thingy.

P2122776A better shoe shelf. Look so much neater being concealed behind a proper shoe shelf/armoire.

P2122772 Freshly painted wall, alternating between dark blue and white blue. Nice touch I say, dad! I love it!

P2122773 And when I ventured further over to the kitchen, I saw the family fridge had got itself a facelift as well, being painted in olive green looking spanking new lol.

P2122774 And last but not least, a brand new machine also from LG to replace the old one who gave up and finally spoiled.

P2122775 After getting a little used to the new stuff at home, I finally settled down and have my first dinner at home. Oh how much I miss home cooking. And definitely can’t wait for the Reunion Dinner to come on New Year Eve (13/2 Saturday). I definitely miss the family top chef aka my dad’s superb cooking!

P2122769Happy Chinese New Year, everyone! And look forward for new posts regarding my CNY celebration in Kuching in days to come!!! Woohoo~~~

Epilogue: Coincidentally, the first day of Chinese New Year Celebration falls on Valentine’s Day (February 14 Monday) as well so for those who celebrates it with their lovers/companions/life partner/etc, Happy Valentine’s Day and ohh, watch out for Party-Pooper such as the type of poster (Moral Police!) that put up this kind of poster to inject some fear into the loving bunch.

P2122762V-Day is a trap that will leads you to the path of moral and demonic destruction complete with rape, pre-marital sex and pregnancy, indignity, Allah’s WRATH, half-baked relationship bound to doom, being cast aside like trash and finally suicide before ends up in hell. REPENT! OBEY YOUR GOD as the ultra-conservative, religious fundamentalist says! V-Day will KILL YOU!! *Cue Satanic music*

Right, as if that will happen. GOD-FEARING DICKS and PUSSIES.

3 comments:

Eli James said...

Welcome home, Zhe Rong. =) Happy new year!

LiZaRdboi_88 said...

Happy New Year to you too! I guess you already landed safely back in Catcity Kuching by now!

stupeed demon said...

rather nice translation of the poster haha. even better than what the heathens could come up with in their own native tongue.

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...