Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Early February updates of my life.

Prologue: With the final year project almost done aside from final edit when everything is combined as another presentation on the 2nd half of translation work, every cells in me slows down to snail pace and procrastination sinks in further. Now I just don’t feel like doing anything at all except slacking and such. Heck, even I am getting slower in blogging anymore. Hopefully I can get my blogging mojo back. Meanwhile, here’s my lack-luster update of my campus life in the month of February.

First up in my update of my life in February, a round up of everything officially related to USM.

P2052726 Another extra stuff after campus election: the official release of the campus election result, yet again represented by inconspicuous 5 pieces of A4 paper tuck in middle of softboard packed with other way more attractive poster. For those who want to see the number, go click on it. With the release of the polling result, the campus election heat is finally settled down and hopefully the new batch of MPP can move on and start doing their job. Like detailing the Student Parliament proposal.

P2052723  PPSL application is out! Should I go mengada-ngada again and apply for one last time before I graduate? (Actually I can if I wanted to because there are a few previous precedence for a final year student to apply for it.) If I wanted to then I better make my decision now because the deadline is next Wednesday…which is Chinese New Year week which means by Friday. WTF. Guess there’s no point of applying then.

P2062738 After Restu and Saujana got their internet upgrade, finally it is Tekun’s turn to do so!! The upgrade has been going on pretty fast across the whole building in the Tekun with plastic pipes and wiring here and there. With this upgrading exercise, each of the cluster (one cluster four room or 8 inhabitants) will be equipped with one wireless modem thus ensuring actual 100% coverage for RST. This was taken last Saturday in which they set up the plastic pipe and cage for modem…

P2072741 And for last Sunday, they add in the wireless modem already as well as LAN cable. Right now, we are just waiting for the technician to configure the wireless connection of the modem for USMhotspot, plug in the LAn cable and voila smooth connection all the way. No more the internet connection is a LIE! *Finger crossed for that reality to come true after I come back from CNY holiday! I will be an otaku and trapped in my room forever lol!*

P2102750 Dewan Tunku Syed Putra (DTSP), the main convocation hall for USM has been undergoing a major facelifting/upgrading project since the end of last semester and as we can see the scaffolding and cladding along the wall of DTSP. I believe the interior of DTSP is undergoing facelifting as well until the small convocation scheduled on Mac will be held over the Nibong Tebal Engineering Campus instead. Luckily for me, the hall should be ready by the time I graduate in August…I hope. Heard some rumours that it will be postponed to October which is like ZOMG for me.

Next, mostly about me as well as my social life etc.

P2062740 The translator in me had persuaded me to buy this: Tesaurus Bahasa Melayu Dewan. I think it worths it even though it’s kinda too late for me to put it into good use for my FYP because It is only available over AEON Seberang Perai’s Popular for a very good reason: Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka’s office is over Bandar Perda over Seberang Perai. I swear I didn’t manage to locate it over any large bookstore over the island for some reason and I bought it there and then because it’s one of those rare occasion that me and cousin are going across the bridge to Seberang Perai. I didn’t bought any clothes and such for my CNY and instead a bought a dictionary. LOL.

Last Tuesday, the Sistahs (and brother Lawrence) pulled off a birthday surprise for the February birthday gals, Jamie Chan AhBee (11 Feb) and Joss Lim Ah Han (16 Feb)!

P2022653 And the rest of the sistah-hood gathered in one fine (actually very hot) Tuesday morning in one unoccupied tutorial room in School of Humanities (misusing public amenities, I know LOL) to create our one-of-kind present: A scrapbook filled with each of our memories, testimonials and photos!

P2022643  The four main planners of the event are (from left), Ah Pheng, Ah Bui, Birdie Chuah and Lawrence. My role here was relatively minute cos I didn’t even know about their plan because I was unable to join them for lunch the day before. lol Just one day and you guys can pull up so many resources! Thus my work there is only to cut and paste a few pieces of colour paper as well as completing my testimonials for Ah Bee and Ah Han.

P2022647 While Ah Pheng is showing some intensity in cutting the drawing block, I am in the picture as a photo bomb. lol.

P2022649  Even while we are supposed to be busy, we are still able to mess around a little, like me doing the evil leer and Birdie flapping for some reason…

P2022650 That’s Birdie Chuah there trying to be cheeky with the ribbon.

P2022651 Flowers that Birdie Chuah brought along as material to do our scrapbook.

P2022652 And the birthday wrapping paper that has Happy Birthday all over it.

P2022658 These are my testimonials for Ah Bee and Ah Han. Looks like someone ate a highlighter and puked the ink out all over it.

Unfortunately for me, I had to take my leave earlier because I have a class later at 1pm hence I didn’t stayed back to witness the completion of the scrapbook. In fact, I was late for the birthday dinner as well because I was onlining in library after my class at 1pm and oblivious to passing times and the rest of the sistahs failed to contact me as well because library basement are totally shielded from any signals for telecommunication device. In the end, I had to take the bus myself as the rest of them took off to Queensbay a bus earlier than me. Anyway, i did make it in the end to witness a momentous event later…

P2022659 Actually the dinner is held under the pretense of Pre-CNY Reunion Dinner and the two birthday girls there in the middle (In case you guys are wondering who’s who: From left is Ah Bui, Ah Han, Ah Bee and Birdie) remain oblivious about the birthday surprise scheme that we are trying to pull it through. According to what I heard from Ah Pheng, their cover were almost blown when AhHan followed Lawrence (which was origanally assigned to buy the bday cakes) when Lawrence try to go off under a white lie of taking money from ATM and the duty were immediately shifted to AhBui and Ah Pheng! lol. Sounds very exciting there! But anyway, everything finally fall into its place when all of us settled down over Nando for our supposibly reunion dinner. Here’s some groupie photo first…

P2022663 Another half of the gang, Lawrence, AhPheng, Akaka ChiaMin and Moi.

P2022665 Delicious wholesome food are abound (and for the first time I ordered a half chicken set! Very filling, very nice!) and after everyone settled with their food. It’s time to pull out the surprise with the help of the friendly staff over Nando…

P2022672 Out of nowhere (actually from the kitchen lar), the cake is served and Happy Birthday song was sang while both of them are somewhat in shock! First phase of birthday surprise complete! Here’s both of them making a wish before blowing the candle.

P2022675Look at the juicy delicious cake!

P2022686  And of course, compulsory group photo with the birthday gals!

P2022689 The gals.

P2022691 The guys! With me acting like a godzilla!

P2022696 The climax/highlight of the event is obviously giving our one and only handmade with love and care Scrapbook for the birthday gals!

P2022699Seeing both of them dropped their tears of joy, it was a GREAT SUCCESS. This will be one birthday surprise that they will never forget for the rest of their life!

Last but not least, pondering a decision and plotting my future path…

P2102751 Finally, after a long time of procrastination and gauging about my future path in university, I finally made one substantial step to kick start it: I bought the Application Form for Postgraduate (Master’s Degree) from Institute of Postgraduate Studies USM today. In fact, I end up buying application from for a research mode Master Degree instead of what I originally planned which is taking mix-mode. The sudden switch of decision happened after I had a little chit-chat with Dr. Goh regarding my post-graduate future which he says Mix-mode is there for those people who are already working and most of the stuff there are basically extension of what I already learned for the past 3 years of my bachelor degree. On the other hand, taking a MA (research mode) will enable someone to explore a field of interest on their own but that’s the thing that I am worried about now: I need to make up my mind regarding topics for research before I actually applies for a research MA. More decision making soon!

Epilogue: Just two more days and I can have my temporary escape from the excruciating cursed island of BURNING Penang and back to the comfort of my home sweet home Kuching! Hopefully it will be just enough for to rejuvenate me before I crash head on to the ever treacherous road of 2nd half of 2nd semester! But for now, Friday 6:20pm is the moment that I will be anticipating for for the next two days…

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...