Monday, 1 November 2010

First day of November!

Prologue: 有时候现实会令我觉得我真的是一个非常窝囊,失败的人类。做个男子汉也罢,儿子也罢,研究生也罢,人类也罢。算了。费神想这些消极的念头也不会有任何结果的。乖乖的把自己埋首于书堆与研究文章中把,同时也想办法令自己比较积极,开心一点也比较对自己有帮助。

And what else could remind more of the start of the month itself than this small and neat kind reminder from Bakti Permai!

Oh when I talked about small, neat and kind reminder for Bakti Permai, I mean the rental invoice for November, folded and stapled neatly, tucked under my room door even before I wake up at 9 something am! The few things that Bakti seems to be very efficient in: reminding the tenants that ALL THEIR MONEY BELONGS TO BAKTI~~~ Pay rent pay rent pay rent!
On the night before, (31 October that happens to be Halloween. BOOO~~~ Note: This extra anecdote is added just to mention that it just so happen that it was Halloween hence should be treated as mere statement of fact without any other implied meaning.) my mom called me to ask about my well-being (Still alive, mom), pestering me about the date that I want to come back for Chinese New Year holiday (and trying very hard to set on that day partially because that being a full time research student means that you can make yourself busy and free on your own whim except the hazy fact that there's a deadline somewhere in March to remind you to get busy and shouldn't stay at home too much. And oh, AirAsia promotion tickets means that you will get an random looking date not corresponding to any perceived plan in your mind, if there's remotely one. Dilemma of a research student coming from a middle class family and no plan for future. Ok this statement doesn't make sense at all, a testament to my progressive brain damage.) as well as inquiring about my financial situation. (Shrinking slowly but surely) And then she said that she will drop by BSN to bank in some money for me (Because BSN has the least money of all account.). Thank you mom, even though it's very hard and deeply guilty for me to say so.

Anyway, since she banked in the money for me for the purpose of paying my rent, I might as well use it a lil. And it's pretty convenient for me too in a way because there's a BSN branch right over Dewan Budaya inside the campus itself, a 10+ minute walk from my room at Bakti to Dewan Budaya. So not too long after I waked up, I brush myself up, pack my lappie (B&O, B&O..), grabbed my umbrella and braced the cold wind to walk over BSN. Upon reaching the ATM...

HARAP MAAF, ATM ROSAK.

Me. Upon seeing that sign. INSTANT RRRAAAAAGGGEEEEE!!!!!
And there's no point for me to venture inside the bank branch either to the manual withdrawal of money over the counter simple because I don't have the bank account book with me right now (it's back at home, IN KUCHING.) and I don't remember that account number of mine anyway making any effort to do withdrawal futile. So what other choice do I have here over BSN. NONE! Nearest bank/ATM machine? CIMB Bank, situated slightly right above the hill. Journey continues to CIMB bank and because I am not too sure whether my BSN GIRO Card has MEPS or not (where's the logo?), I used my Bank Islam (JPA's money) and HongLeong Bank card (my own) to cover my rent. (And oh by the by, since I am planning to go home and will only be coming back about a month plus, I paid two month's rent in one shot.) Took the money, chuck it into my wallet and slaving my way up again to the ever so far away Jabatan Bendahari's office.

This way to the Jabatan Bendahari. And the flame of forest is looking quite bald. Maybe because the blooming season's over and it has been raining and cloudy for the past few days, blowing any flower buds that might bloom off the tree. Or something.

A view from the top. And the skies is looking gloomy and keep on changing back and froth from drizzling to downpour while the air remain cool and sometimes chilly when the wind blows. For the first time last night, my fan speed's is reduce to 3 instead of the usual full power 5 because it's just too chilly.
Walk down all the way from the top to Sungai Dua gate again, making that ever dreadful trip across and along the busy thoroughfare enduring chilly wind and droplets of rain to go to my destination of the day: Pelita.

CM Lim getting it on with the groupies in time with festive season, complete with the PR Penang administration mascot CAT getting into the Indian groove. This year it falls on 5 November (Friday) which is 3 days before study weeks end. And a small scale furore erupted among some Indian students in USM regarding the exam schedule (Scheduled to start on 8 Nov Monday) didn't take into consideration of their celebration and didn't gave enough days for them to adjust back to exam and what not related to cultural sensitivities and those kind of SHITS. My reaction to that: Meh. CNY supposed to last for 15 days and we're only getting 4 days (according to academic calendars). What about those poor students that didn't manage to spent their Chap Goh Meh (15th day of CNY) with their family? Who would care about their feeling? And what about all those Hari Rayas (Aidilfitri, Aidiladha etc etc)? Bah! All these things are irrelevant and should be made as an issue. There're a few thousand more people who would like to get to the exam and get it done as soon as possible so that they can go home earlier and spent the holiday with their loved ones.

And here I am, back in my usual corner over Pelita, right beside the socket, lappie switched to online and do whatever stuff that I need to do and ordered Nasi Goreng Biasa and Limau Ais. It's already 11am hence it's Brunch and Online.
That's all for today everyone. Almost time to go back to my room and boy, the weather is still very, very chilly!


Epilogue: I am a world biggest idiot, always try to seek refuge from reality, prone to making rash and sometimes unwise decisions (especially when demanded to) and have trouble managing time and self's wellbeing. Fail. Is there anyone out there who's willing to listen to me and help me?

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...