Sunday, 4 September 2011

Counting Down.

Less than 48 hours before new student coming in. (Less than 12 hours if you're talking about Postgraduate student.). A quick roundup of sights in and around campus before D-Day!

-Walkabout around campus on 3 and 4 September 2011 (Saturday and Sunday)-

In a nutshell: Banners with Faces. Banners with Faces everywhere.

School of Chemistry.

USM at dusk. Expecting gridlock at this junction as people streaming in from all three gates of USM.

Even the Student Consultative Assembly Secretariat refuse to be left out too and have their own banner welcoming new student. Spotted typo though: Sekretariat and NOT "seketeriat". Tsk tsk tsk. Yet another case of blatant transliteration without consulting DBP/PRPM. Haha Grammar Nazi much!

Greeting from Fajar Harapan so including "Harapan" in greeting is a must! Again when did they paste up these words anyway? It's blank during Merdeka Day!

Now, what about my current Desa, Bakti Permai? Again, the banner magically appeared today (Sunday) while it was still empty on the day before (Saturday).

Temporary directional signboard is up as well at the junction leading up to Bakti Permai. Oh boy. Looks like it will be seriously crowd right around the postgraduate block. I hope I won't be harassed by meddling parent and PPSL (treating us postgrads as alien) on the D-day itself.

Meanwhile, the list of new tenants are up! Male: 50 students!

Ladies: 37. So 50 + 37 = 87. That feels kinda little, doesn't it?

A quick walkabout earlier just now. Banners over School of Physics.

Banners over School of Humanities is up as well with a different variety by including Humanitites Student Society's Chairperson's face. Then I remembered that School of Humanities has two seats in the SRC/MPP. Where's the other guy?

SK/IK Bus stop adorned with two banners. The one on the far right is for the SKs (with both of their SRC/MPP peeps in the same banners) while the one on the left is from School of Education, somewhat strayed away from their usual compound. Vying for more exposure.
As I go around the area snipping pictures, an observation about the composition of these welcoming posters surfaced in my mind: all of the MPP that has banners...are from the Pro-establishment Aspirasi faction. I know I shouldn't throw accusation of partisan bias in the welcoming of new students (they're too naive at this stage to know about this but!) but I can't help to notice the notable lack of banners for non-Aspirasi members of SRC/MPP. (Example: the other guy over PPIK as well as PPTI's) Where do the member of MPP got their allocation but such self-gratifying banners? (It's utter bollock if they forked out their own money. Face it we're all cash-strapped undergrads. Self-gratifying banners are NOT cheap.) Did the other non-Aspirasi members of SRC/MPP rejected these allocation themselves or they were not given the allocation at all? Do they forgot to sent in their pictures or they weren't notified to sent in their pictures? So many speculation ran through my mind now! *paranoid parrot*

Anyway, expect thing to turn up a full notch from tomorrow onward. As for DTSP: the permanent chairs is up but I am still not convinced that it will be ready by Tuesday. There are still piles of rubbish here and there!

-Extra: Sungai Dua Pasar Malam again 3 September 2011-

Made my usual trip to Tesco and Sungai Dua Pasar Malam for food!

The battered sidewalk over Sungai Dua has been rebuilt again after a stretch of it finally succumbed to erosion and collapsed (especially after the flash flood a few months ago). I am no expert of roadwork but the new sidewalk seems a lilbit...pasty. A quick, cheao job. Random line on the cement just to create the illusion of tiling? Or maybe I am still looking at it in its unfinished state so maybe in a few weeks time, it will look more like a proper sidewalk?

Meanwhile, what I bought: Taiwanese Chicken Nuggets PLUS extra Cheese wiener. RM5.50 + RM 3. Hmm...feels kinda expensive though for its amount. And their bag get horribly soggy and oily all the time.

Polo bun from King's Confectionery. (OK now I remember the name of the bakery located inside Tesco Extra). Kinda cold though. All bread will usually taste better when it's fresh off the oven.

More imitation shark fin soup 碗仔翅 with extra abalone slice! (RM 4)
Time's ticking away and exciting (though scary for my case) ahead with the start of the new semester!

Epilogue: And when new semester starts, I get more jittery than ever. Need to wake up early tomorrow because my service in needed over PPIK for Mix/Coursework Mode Postgraduate Briefing. Oh well, there will be FOOD and hopefully I will bump into my supervisors so that I can discuss my research progress stuff with her. My patience is chipping away bit by bit...tortured by procrastination and there's no way to run.

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...