A mish-mash of an update about the start of September because I've ran out of idea to keep my blog relatively alive.
-1 September Thursday-
Still feeling a bit regretful that I didn't exactly splurge on myself well enough for my birthday, the thought of having a good lunch somewhere outside popped up in my mind...a Korean one. Then I remembered that
Gil Korean Cafe is open today (after having their holiday on 30 and 31 August) so I decided to make my way over Ivory Plaza at the other side of the campus. Reached there around noon. Luckily no crowd today even though today's replacement holiday.
 |
| Iced Plum Tea (RM5.50) for the hot evening. Sweet and sour. |
 |
| Bibimbap which is rice topped with sliced/shredded carrot, cucumber, onion and beef as well as Sunnyside up. It's serves with a sauce bottle which you're can add into the mixture according to your taste which upon further research over wiki revealed that it's Gochujang, chilli pepper sauce. |
 |
| You're suppose to mix everything up before eating so I did. |
Verdict: Exactly the same on how I feel
the last time I went over there: homey. Not overpowering but still tasteful with ordinary ingredient and homely portion. Or maybe I didn't add enough Gochujang for flavoring.
 |
| The long walk back from Bukit Gambir Gate to Bakti. The weather is pretty sunny with clear blue sky. |
 |
| Oh, I did drop by Majujaya minimart to pick up something because still feel it's not enough treat for myself: Chips! |
 |
| Look at how wavy it is~~ |
-Friday 2 September-
Heads out for lunch before decided to take a tour around campus to check out if there's any sight of preparation of the incoming of new student next week.
 |
| Welcoming banners from the chairperson of SRC is up, a staple for every single important event in USM, occupying the most visible junction in USM. And say, where do they get the official USM new branding powerpoint slide design anyway? I want one which then I can use for any of my future presentation! |
 |
| Not be be outdone, even the secretary have her own banner! Meanwhile, the recruitment banner for SUKSIS (Volunteer Police Corp) is up as well. Uniformed bodies goes under Ko-K with units. Meanwhile, still wondering when do the banners gone up anyway? It's not around the day before and suddenly on the next day, it appears! Do they put banners during midnight or something? |
 |
| Lunch at Lita Cafe. Hesitated to take meat so I took eggplant and tofu...but still ends up RM4.20 (RM1 for herbal tea, RM3.20 for economical rice) |
 |
| Then it started to rain rather heavily when I walk back into campus. Tapak Konvo or the fairground, where Convex is every year. |
 |
| Checking out the progress of DTSP. Scaffolding's still around. I am skeptical whether DTSP will be finish in time for the incoming of new student in a few day times unless they really work 24/7 at this point on ward to finish up whatever that's left and clear up all the rubbish. I guess USM and the PPSL must've feel nervous too for the whole thing. Meanwhile, permanent chair WOOT! |
 |
| Went to Kompleks Cahayasiswa (Student Activity Complex) to check out and lo and behold, a new direction banners detailing functions of every buildings here! Looks like Student Affair and Development Division (BHEPP) will move most of their service departments once scattered around campus over here in one place. |
 |
| BHEPP Institutional Development Department. Not sure what's their function. |
 |
| Student Activity Centre housing offices for student clubs and societies! |
 |
| The signature cone shape gazebo thing. It also features lecture halls and such for student use. |
 |
| This is where the bursary (payment counter) is going to be when the new academic year starts! No more painful hike up hill to Chancellory! Co-incidentally, this block is where I first stepped in USM three years ago in orientation week. CG-Tekunian 2007-2010! |
 |
| Student Wellbeing Sector. No idea what it is as well. |
 |
| That's all about Kompleks Cahayasiswa, everyone! Let's talk a walk to the back. |
 |
| Located right behind the Student Activity Centre is a shopping arcade type place with small shoplots to rent out for student entrepreneur. With it's seclusion though, not sure there will be any business here. |
 |
| Source. Had been guilty for doing this since...the start of my postgraduate life. Research Priority FAIL made worse by the lack of tangible timetable, self-motivation and danger awareness. I am suppose to write extended literature review for my thesis (for the longest time) but look where I am now? |
Meanwhile, the silence in my mailbox is getting to eerie for my comfort. Why my supervisors still haven't reply my email yet? They really went back home to Raya isn't it? Or they had actually replied but Gmail fucked it up? Or they didn't receive my mail at all?! OMG the suspense and paranoia is grinding my sanity away OMGOMGOMG. *ASPLODE*
No comments:
Post a Comment