Prologue: Consider this a prelude before wrapping up the month of June. It's good stuff anyway so just enjoy it while I think of something else.
The opening single for Shirokuma Cafe/Polar Bear Cafe (しろくまカフェ), ボクにインビテーション Boku ni Invitation (My Invitation) by JP was released not too long ago and I finally get my hand on it today! My waiting for it has finally been answered after wondering for quite a while when is it any musical albums about Shirokuma Cafe going to be released. Apparently this single is the debut solo album of JP who is born in Hawaii which also explains the appearance of mahalo (welcome in Hawaiian) in the song itself. (Trivia: Hawaii has the highest proportion of population with Asian descent in United States especially Japanese Hawaiian.)
Anyway, another prime mover behind this post is because the fan has did it again by coming up with translation of the lyric and I am more than happy to reproduce it over my little sharing jukebox. Go, sing along and move your body with this light electro-pop! Mocha, latte, au lait, chai!
このカフェにたどり着いた ラッキーボーイズアンドガールズ
とびきりのメニューでおもてなし オージャストフォーユー
ぜひぜひ おこしくださいね
お会いできる日を マ・マ・マハロ
Lucky boys and girls who have made it to this cafe
Be spoilt by our superior menu and warm reception oh just for you
By all means make your way to our cafe
I look forward to the day we meet. Mahalo
結局 南極 北極 でもなくテルミー
世界のどこかにきっと ある
話題のカフェがどこなのかをリサーチ
In the end, it wasn't the north or south pole,
tell me
this cafe is somewhere in this world
I'm going to research on this cafe that everyone is talking about
今日もBBSネットをひらい ティータイム
モア モア モア うわさが飛び交う だけ
ライアー ライアー ライアーだけじゃギブアップ!
お手上げ!
I shall continue to check the BBS net during tea-time
More more more those are all rumors
Liar liar liar if that's it then I give up
Looks like there is nothing I can do
そんな時 ポストに白いレター
中にはヒミツの 彼のレシピ
At that time, a white letter arrived in the post
It contained his secret recipe
(*)キターーー( ゚∀゚)ーーー!!!!! ボクにインビテーション
世界が期待 カンバせーション
(*)It's here ーーー( ゚∀゚)ーーー!!!!! An invitation for me
The conversation that the world has been waiting for
このカフェにたどり着いた ラッキーボーイズアンドガールズ
とびきりのメニューでおもてなし オージャストフォーユー
ぜひぜひ 日頃の疲れを
いやし笑顔だけ マ・マ・マハロ(*)
Lucky boys and girls who have made it to this cafe
Be spoilt by our superior menu and warm reception oh just for you
By all means soothe the tiredness you have racked up
with our warm smiles. Mahalo(*)
飲もう モカ ラテ オレ チャイ
さらに アイスに パンケーキ
飲もう ストロベリー マンゴー シェイク
たまに 笹だけ ダイエット
マ・マ・マ・マ・マハロ
Let's drink mocha latte au lait chai
and add pancakes with ice-cream to that
Let's drink strawberry and mango shakes
and once in a while diet with just bamboo
Mahalo
やっぱり ロンドン おフランスでボンジュール
世界を寄り道しまグッデイ
青い空の下寝転んで
As I thought, you got to say "Bonjour" in London and France
Let's take a trip around the world "Good Day!"
and lie down under the blue sky
スマホ GPSマップをひらい テイクオフ
OMG バッテリー切れてんじゃん
ノー ノー ノー これじゃキープオン
お手上げ
Checking the GPS map on my smartphone, take-off
Oh My God, the battery is dead
No no no I need to keep going with this
but looks like there is no way out
そんな時 ポケットの白いレター
よく見て アドレス発見! いざカマクラ
At that time, I took out the white letter from my pocket
Taking a closer look, I found an address! The time to act is now!
キターーー( ゚∀゚)ーーー!!!!! ボクにナビゲーション
世界が期待 モチベーション
It's hereーーー( ゚∀゚)ーーー!!!!! Time for some navigation
Motivation that the world has been waiting for
(**)このカフェの常連になった ラッキーボーイズアンドガールズ
特別裏メニューを教えましょ サプライズフォーユー
是が非でも 試したらDO?
ただし クリーム お断りします!
飲もう モカ ラテ オレ チャイ
さらに アイスに パンケーキ
飲もう ストロベリー マンゴー シェイク
たまに 笹だけ ダイエット
マハロ (**)
(**)Lucky boys and girls who became regular customers
Let me tell you about the secret menu. Surprise for you!
There is no right or wrong, why don't you just try it?
However, I will have to say "no" to the cream
Let's drink mocha latte au lait chai
and add pancakes with ice-cream to that
Let's drink strawberry and mango shakes
and once in a while diet with just bamboo
Mahalo(**)
(*)繰り返し
(**)繰り返し
(*)Repeat
(**)Repeat
Credit goes to Qrex.
Usually included within a single album itself are either other songs by the same artist or remixes of the same song. Most of the time I will just listen to what I want to listen instead of the extras but I will make an exception for this one. From relaxing Hawaiian ukelele-guitar ensemble to beating drum line then electro dance mix, experience different flavours and whole lots of fun now!
~Mahalo Remix~
~Black Jaxx Remix~
~DJ Hazime Remix (Still waiting for people to upload it over Youtube)~
Epilogue: Everybody comes and goes. Then there's me. This will set the mood for next post I will ever come up with one.

No comments:
Post a Comment