...and another month, another semester and academic year in fact, has gone in a blip.
 |
| It's only Friday, 3pm in the evening but the usually packed DUP or the main examination hall and parking cum marching ground is already deserted even though it should've been the very last day of examination for USM students. There's no exam in the friday evening this semester like what I had a couple of years ago? Ahh the memory of sitting in freezing exam hall with a small table and a stiff chair, squeezing out every drop of remaining intelligence in brain while scribbling away against ticking time, flipping my dictionarIES from to time. |
With fellow undergrads going home to enjoy their semester holiday for the next two months, this means those who stayed back (mostly postgraduate and anyone who can't afford of going back due to financial or other commitments) will have to endure roughly two months of minimal service for both cafeteria and bus. (Time to buckle up, fasten your shoe lace and ration all food intakes). On the flipside however, a quiet, serene campus that serves as an cocoon from outside world and (for me), true lightning speed internet connection. Time to ramp up the juice!
 |
| If there's any other saving grace about the end of exam time is that I won't need to see these two sneering DEAR LEADERS' faces whenever I am heading out for lunch or going off campus. Interesting enough though according my own observation is the absence of MPPs vanity banners this time. Probably they collectively realized that their extended term (due to change of academic calendar) is pretty much a sham and they overstayed their welcome. |
 |
| What can truly be considered as a saving grace in time of scorching heat and lung clogging haze is obviously a substantial torrential downpour to bring life to the parched land. Finally a relief after weeks of bad sleep and nap due to excruciating heat. |
 |
| One of the recurring theme that you should probably be able to sense at any instance I talk about the weather is how much I like the sky immediately after rain: clear blue sky with undulating fluffs of cloud. It has been weeks since the last time I can see the twin tower in the middle clearly without being shrouded in thick haze. |
 |
| My final dinner for the month of June: Mikki's Western Food Queensbay branch Crispy Chicken Burger (RM9.00 not including tax). Only went there because they have grand opening 10% promotion and incidentally today's the last day of the promotion. |
 |
| I am just in time for Jusco's Deli clearance time (after 8pm) so of course I have to snap up discounted gourmet deli food, like the German Wurst and Sushi! |
Yet another month has finally drawn to a close and curtain rises for another month, the month of July. I wonder what will the month of July have in store for me. I wonder...
Epilogue: OK enough with the faux syrupy rosy slice of life chatter. (Some of your may also have notice how I snuck serious deeper personal thought into either prologue or epilogue. Some time you might missed it but don't think this one is inescapable considering how much space it occupies at the end) The expression of "everybody's left. Then there's me" resonates deafeningly loud in my thought recently and it's definitely not just about the lost time as curtain close for another academic year (even though it does have quite a significant effect on the presence of that thought.). As I brew my thought on writing this post, yet another mental soliloquy surfaced: Life, decision made and/or decision unmade? Decision done and/or decision undone? One of my defining character is definitely how I tend to dwell in thought and ruminate, occasionally cast aside the ruminating, brewing before picking it up again. (Go ahead that consider this as extended procrastinating if you really think so.) The time I ruminate is getting even more drawn out that ever and I afraid that I did missed out a couple of what could have been a key turning point. A minor example: my heart is itching madly of going down to KL to meet up with my SISTAHood (especially after they made up their extraordinary plan. *jelly*) but in the end I didn't make my move to Sungai Nibong Express Bus Station to buy a ticket, being bogged down by the thought of four hours bus journey and horrendous traffic in KL. (Another key reason of course is that I woke up late in the end.). And now I am feeling a little regret bubbling up inside me. Then there are more pressing and may even be life changing questions which I have or have not answered.
You just can't help to wonder: what else can I do now? Self-reflection scares me most of time...then I put the thought aside and call it another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment