Saturday, 31 August 2013

56, 50 and 25.

Prologue:...and I am back from the conference! For more pictures, please head directly to my Facebook profile!

Pada tarikh keramat 31 Ogos ini, saya ingin mengucapkan:

Selamat Hari Merdeka ke-56 kepada seluruh rakyat Malaysia tidak kira di mana jua anda berada.


Selamat Ulang-tahun Jublimas (50 Tahun) Sabah yang telah mengecapi kemerdekaan dari jajahan British pada 31 Ogos 1963.

Source: Miao & WafuPafu's Facebook Page. Netcomic artist/freelance graphic designer/Sarawakian & Kuchingite and most importantly, fellow sovereigntist. "Pergo et Perago - I undertake and I achieve"
Last but not least, ME. Happy Birthday, Selamat Hari Jadi, 生日快乐, お誕生日おめでとう~ As the calendar hits 31 August 2013, I am now officially a quarter/third (relative to average age of death) through my lifespan as a good-for-nothing 25 years old. My heartfelt gratitude to all the well-wishes splashed on Facebook walls, the few SMS I received directly from well-wishers, me finally getting on board Whatsapp GG group catching up with my fellow taukes and taukenios, Syahmi staying over my place on my birthday eve hence being the first to congratulate me and last but not least, being treated Japanese gourmet dinner (RAKUZEN! over Gurney Paragon) by Paul. Even though I am marooned on Pearl Island, I can still receive all of your love that all of you bothered to spare a moment to give me various gesture of love and care and I treat each of your wishes preciously thus warranting personal reply for each of your message. Thank you all and I love you all too!

Just to wrap up the day, here's a few snapshot on how I celebrate my birthday cum Merdeka Day.

Merdeka Day cum Birthday Eve dinner with Syahmi who came to Penang for a job interview as well as bunking over my place. Idealite Organic Vegetarian Restaurant over Queensbay in which I had Hakka Lui Cha (right) for the first time in years while Syahmi had vegetarian Bah Kut Teh. Being a Wholesome Dining Place, it's pretty much a detox meal after binging for the past three days during the conference

As per birthday tradition, watching the Merdeka Day Parade in the morning. This year's celebration is noticeably much more subdued compared to previous years and whether it is related to current political or economy climate is anyone's imagination. Of the celebration, that former Prime Minister (left) certainly has made his presence felt. On an unrelated note, turns out the television over my house does work after all. It has to be let running for a while (about 10 minutes or so) before the sound actually comes out properly after warming up.

Dinner at Rakuzen Gurney Paragon on Paul's treat! While originally planning to try out Pasta Zanmai, the fusion dining part of the establishment, the waiting list (have to wait at least four tables/rounds) is rather daunting (while Sushi Zanmai, the mid-range mass market establishment is the worst with snaking lines in front of it) hence we opted for Rakuzen, the fine dining part and we immediately gained entrance over the counter seat facing the kitchen directly allowing us to see the chefs in action. As for the meal itself, both of us ordered set meals/定食, teishoku with me opting Chicken Katsu Curry while he settled for Salmon sashimi. The meal certain worth its (steep) price tag and the hot towel for patron before meal is a good touch.

As a closing note, a mark of celebration by Gurney Paragon...though the "native land" I swore my loyalty and "sovereignty" to has different number to celebrate about.
Epilogue: After one whole week of escape to Batu Ferengghi, easing back to reality is a must and soon it must be done for the new academic year is going to start...

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...