Saturday, 9 January 2010

[Filler] Radio Televisyen Malaysia

Prologue: Seriously, I have no idea what should I blog right now. My brain is so dry and I have no idea why? My brain need some mind rejuvenation and replenishment. Come inspiration, come!

Radio Televisyen Malaysia or RTM is the public broadcaster in Malaysia. With it's humble origin as Radio Malaya/Malaysia from the pre- and post- Independence day, it began its television broadcasting in the 50's and since remain a great part in a history of Malaysia, penetrating the four corners of Malaysia. With it's two main terrestrial channel, TV1 and TV2, it was once the only TV channels available on Malaysian TV before the first private television broadcast TV3 started broadcasting in the 80's. Even though it's role as the major information provider for Malaysian had diminish greatly since the development of private broadcasting as well as internet not to mention being accused as a mouthpiece and have shoddy broadcasting quality (from time to time, TRUE), it's presence and role it played in Malaysian history could not be ignored.

Anyway, why am I suddenly wrote about RTM? The reason is because that to be fair, RTM do have a few good programmes in their listing including a very extensive documentary programmes whether is it home made or from National Geography (those documentary can look quite dated though sometimes). In fact, I watched quite a lot of RTM (the NatGeo slot at 7pm) back in holiday as well as their documentary and news coverage (they could have use better image upgrade). So here I am, feeling a little nostalgic, went to Youtube to find the themes from RTM back in the days until now.


The early 80's


The 90's. Ohh the childhood memories. I remember their tagline very fondly. RTM, Teman Setia Andaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~~~~


The current TV1 montage.


The current TV2 montage.


And as an extra, someone's final year project that involve the rebranding of RTM. Pretty crisp and have better 3d rendering than the current one!

There are a few intro's and idents here and there but these are the ones that I can find on Youtube.

Epilogue: There are so many things that happen these days and age especially regarding the one that is very close to me as translator as well as a Sarawakian. All the media carries it, everyone from all sectors involved are commenting on it and the net is brimming with personal commentary. I look at all the fraca with an healthy amount of cynicism, diverge into my mind and thought deeply about it and gave my own dua sen in Facebook. So now, can we give it a rest already? It's just a language issue but it is always the language issue that can be intertwine with politics and personal interest so easily. *sigh*. And yeah, I should think of better blogpost to write now instead of posting filler in order to keep my almost minute readership and my brain refreshed. More topics! More photo! More material. And a few blogpost didn't materialize as well during the holiday. Examine, examine!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...