Thursday, 14 January 2010

Untitled post has a title called *repeat from start*

Prologue: OH my blog! It’s deserted! Why this stasis of mind happened? I seriously need inspiration as well as an escape from the subjugation from PROCRASTINATOR X v6.9 in order to come out with a proper post. Even a short post that is related to me will be enough! And look, I don’t even bother to come out with a proper title for this random post? WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!

Quite a few things happened these few days but my scatterbrain is pretty much…scattered right now so here’s some random dump of pictures and a few words about it.

my as electorate edit First thing first: TODAY, I AM a MALAYSIAN VOTER. Following the footstep of a few of my fellow schoolmates (especially Taukelip, who did it during the semester holiday), I finally got myself registered as a Malaysian voter at the USM post office. The registration procedure was quite a breeze and won’t event take up more than 10 minutes. Just bring a long your personal I.C and everything else will be done by the post officer over there. And it’s free too! Since the registration itself is not an hassle, why not go and register now as an voter now? Voting is not just a right, it is also an responsibility for all citizen (above 21 of course. Just past my 21st birthday last year so this is a kind of coming to age ceremony in a way by being a responsible citizen). Vote and make your voice heard through ballot box. In fact, I am kinda anticipating for Sarawak state election as rumors are flying around that the current State Assembly will be dissolved earlier and will happen this year. (Note: unlike any other states in Malaysia, State Assembly Election in Sarawak does not occur simultaneously with the General Election for Parliament and it follow its own gap of year/sequence which is almost exactly 2-3 year after GE. I would interpret this as an assertion of autonomy or sort for Sarawak to make sure the local/regional parties pay due attention to local/domestic issues. And personally, I would love to this current arrangement maintained for Sarawak especially since Sabah synchronized their state assembly election and general election hence losing some sense of autonomy towards the state administration by being overshadowed by the central government. I am an unabashed regionalist.)

privacy statement edited …provided that I am indeed in the elector’s roster already during the election. Seriously, privacy statement and disclaimer and other stuff printed in fine print are kind of annoying especially when it looks like selective released of information. Know the generally impatient nature of human, most of the people will ignore fine print. And that’s dangerous! Anyway, let see then whether I can exercise my right as a voter in any coming election!

P1132641 Yesterday (14th of Jan), I received a bag full of chocolate from Birdie SzeSze of Suomi who already landed safely back in the tropical pearl Island. lol thanks a bunch! Will munch on it when I am stuck in front of my comp doing translation work. Just hope than it won’t go bad soon!

P1132645 Also on yesterday, went for a early morning jogging trip for first time since…dunno when already. lol. Ah Bee introduced us (that’s me, MingWei, SheiHan and SzeSze) to this place called Bukit Dumbar somewhere around Jelutong. This community park is a very good example of an urban park amidst urbanization and it is almost like an equivalent of Reservoir Park back in my beloved home city Kuching. Its a whole world of difference just from a small left turn away from the traffics ans hussle. The whole park was teeming with joggers, the air was fresh, the greenery was lush, the view was beautiful and the weather were just nice. Perfect combination of a jogging place. We did jog a little and a really nice uncle taught us of inpromptu exercise session with some good moves LOL. One small question though: according to the sign board there, it also function as a reservoir (just like reservoir park in Kuching…in the past anyway) but I can’t seem to see any surface of water what so ever there at Bukit Dumbar. The reservoir is a lie?

P1092629 Last Saturday (9 Jan): went for the 1st breakfast/lunch trip with cousin of the year 2010. What do we realized? The recommendation of local food outlet by Penang Tourism is almost a lie. Or at least the roti canai section. They really shouldn’t include typical mamak chain restaurant. The only right thing they did for the roti canai section is to include Transfer Road roti canai. The rest of the roti canai entry: meh.

P1122630 Another thing that I realized these few days: KFC over Sungai Dua haf go through some facelifting work and now reopen with a new, better image, stylish interior as well as featuring al fresco, open dining! I wonder did all KFC franchise outlet in Malaysia went through rebranding exercise recently because the KFC outlet near my home went through facelifting renovation as well which I observe through similar typeface and image branding for it. Business strategy to appeal to more sophiscated mass market?

P1062614

LAST but not least, I believe I haven’t really inform all of you (in blog I mean. Other media such as Facebook and Plurk etc etc was littered with my self-congratulatory note when I picked it back.) that my beloved baby lappy is back! Unfortunately though, the repair was actually NOT COMPLETE yet and it’s all because of the stupid LAN port part and I had to purchase it because the warranty does not cover fried LAN port due to negligence WTF. At least the screen is done though, free of charge under warranty. On the day I picked it up (6 Jan), the ever incompetent Teledynamics Malaysia (Penang branch) actually had the gall to say that they are doing annual stock check. When will it be arrive I ask? The same week that I go there. I specifically asked them to call me back if the stupid part actually came in then I can sent my lappie back again to repair for good. Now let’s check back today’s date: 14 Jan. And still they haven’t not call me. WTF. As I said to them, I have better thing to do than to wait for their incompetence and shoddy work. Teledynamics Malaysia (Penang branch), screw you all for being a money grabber. Only call when there is money to make lar? PREMIER SOLUTION PROVIDER MY FOOT. Heartache saja ada!

That’s all for today I guess from my scatter brain work. Expect more and better post next time!

Epilogue: It’s an irony that a serious topic such as National Language Planning which are suppose to be in line with current issue and thought provoking (IMHO, anyway) will lose to an relatively lighter and somewhat trivial presentation about symbolism of national flags (which I think I wanna readapt from my past presentation during HBT304 consecutive interpreting class last semester. Thank god I love flags and trivia.). I wonder how do I come out with an intellectual, thought provoking discussion from this? Or Tuan Syed Yusof prefer topic that is fresh as he said that the former was…over discussed by general public in Malaysia. Hmm…don’t screw me this time, LHP456! *Random thought about current campus life end*

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...