Tuesday, 15 June 2010

All of us. Kami semua.

Prologue: I used Picasa to edit/lightly touch up these pictures. Isn't it amazing that just by adding a few related word.caption, the impact carried by each picture actually increased by multiple times? Meanwhile, still trying to get the hang of using Picasa to edit the picture (regarding the import/export part and using the picture editing tool to it's full potential) and I might just get comfortable with it soon!

*Credit goes to YiMin (my first year junior) for BATI Night pics and the photographer guy that Bazli got for taking our official batch photos.

To be frank, it's very hard for me to actually sums up in just one blogpost about all the different types of feeling that I had experienced for the past 3 years of my undergraduate. There are parts of my undergraduate that are worth to be cherished and treasured. And then there are parts of it that I just wish vanquish forever from my memories yet refused to go away and haunting me once in a while. But overall, it had been a thrilling, scary-fun roller-coaster ride with ups and downs and rapid swerves around the sharp corners. The colour palette used to paint my life are now covered in a rainbow splash of colours carrying diffrent shades as well, from black and white to blue and red and green and purple and even the occasional rosy pink. Too many metaphors that can be used to describe my life (or anyone's life for that matter) in overall. And since it's going to be a complicated endeavour to do so, I believe there's no need for now to delve deeper, searching fragments of my memories and examining every minutiae of events happened for the past three years. For now, let's some of the picture do the talking.

BATI Night 2010, our very own annual graduation dinner. Didn't dress up but at least I borrowed the masquerade!
Us. Kami.

Aspire to fly higher. Our official photoshooting day under the hot evening sun! By the way, the reason I put 07-10 instead the usual class of 10' is because I want it to be specific, specific to those who entered BATI in Academic Year 2007/2008 and graduating in the Academic Year 2009/2010 which is exactly three years, the minimum and usual amount of time needed to complete BATI.

All of us. Kami semua. Or most of us, to be precise. There are few absentees for the photography session which is either because they forgotten, they're shy or they just refuse to pay up the money of hiring the photographer and getting a copy of the photo in DVD. Same thing for BATI Night too.

Bachelor of Arts (Translation and Interpretation) or BATI, Graduating Batch of 2007-2010: Terunggul, Terhebat.
Terunggul, Terhebat.

These are the two words that appears in my mind when I tried to come out with adjectives that can aptly describe all of us 2007-2010 BATI-an as a whole. Forget about all the ignorant naysayer in which their only purpose is to doubt us or even didn't notice us at all. No matter what we achieve (or didn't) for the past three years, I am still genuinely believe that we are still Terunggul dan Terhebat.

I guess from this point onward, everyone of us will go our own separate ways and the last chance for us to take our group picture will be on graduation day some where in early August. I can almost see it already: the flowing purple robe with pink sash, the Humanities official colour, parent anxious to see their beloved children graduating and there we are, lining up and getting ready at the side staircase of the main stage in (newly renovated) Dewan Tuanku Syed Putra, waiting for our names to be announced by our Dean and receiving the Graduation Scroll from the Pro-Chancellor.

For my fellow BATI-an: See you all on graduation day. Kita jumpa lagi.

Epilogue: Yikes! Meanwhile, I am expecting a West Malaysian coursemate's tour group coming to Kuching in a weeks time! Gotta get my motivation to write up the itineraries!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...