Prologue: Due to the lack of motivation and idea to come up with a proper, original blogpost, the blog author has resorted to sapping other contents from internet and modify it as his own by adding just a teeny-weeny bits of personal info in it just as a prove to my (not-exactly present) readers that this blog has not been abandoned and the blog author is still alive.
This blogpost is brought to you by
PhdComics: Piled Higher and Deeper. We postgrads has no life.
 |
| Source. This describes aptly my current dietary situation now. As much as I appreciate my new found privacy of having a whole room to my own in Bakti, Bakti Cafe for some reason ALWAYS closes early (around 10pm) and being smack right middle in campus makes it really hard to actually found off-campus food when you're thinking of having late night supper. Unlike Tekun in which the cafe closes late and there's whole lot of dining outlet a stone throw away. The dilemma is even stronger when you're sitting in front of your computer doing something in the middle of night AND just so happen that you're out of snack to eat/wanting to eat something else other than cream cracker. And you keep on pondering on and on and on until yeah, it's already way past midnight. Looks like I am indeed going to lose weight just by starvation and having crap diet alone. |
 |
| Source. While there's no way for me to improve my Advanced Math due to the fact that I am an Arts Major (BATI yo!), my simple math skills for the past three year has indeed degraded beyond repair! Take splitting the bill during dinner for example: a simple addition of all the items we had has turn into an arduous endeavour and all of us has to resort to using calculator in your mobile phone number! Even when punching in the number can end up in mistake! What happen to the four years of speed punching on out Advanced Calculator during Advanced Mathematics! But then again, we can attribute our over-reliant towards calculator in calculating the split bill (hence gradual degradation of our simple math skill) over the fact that the 15% tax always messes up the number! Grr hidden surprise when the bill comes! Why can't the chain restaurant operator be honest with the numbers anyway? |
 |
| Source. While it will be quite a while before I have the chance to abuse my power (mwahaha!) and messes up undergrads grade by grading their papers because I have not been ask by my supervisor to do so(she's on sabbtical this semester anyway) and I am still having second thoughts on applying any grant scheme offer by USM (USM Fellowship and Graduate Assistant Scheme Geez. So many hurdles before anything started!) thus not yet by the contract obligation to "assist any faculty member in teaching xx hours per week. Hopefully the situation will remain so and PLEASE JPA APPROVE MY APPLICATION for MOAR MONEY! Meanwhile, progress on my research: finally met my supervisor for the first time yesterday. Keywords: FOCUS. Viewer perception and comparative studies. Select the appropriate theory in structuring the framework of studies. How does your study going to contribute in the field. And etc which I didn't manage to jot down because my stupid brain didn't think of jotting the gist of the discussion down. And a (sort of) timeline has been set: 6 months til one year max in coming up with a full research proposal and presenting it. I have the feeling that I am so gonna slack. Thanks to the supervisor tho that I borrowed a few samples of proposal of her previous graduate students. She somewhat set up a bar by mentioning the fact that none of her student passed through the proposal presentation stage in one shot. Overall, the meet was fruitful (because it's the first time anyway) but hope that it won't evolve into IM IN UR OFFICE WASTIN YOUR TIME stage. Arrggh reading up journals and such can be so agonizing and I have not even pass the first major hurdle! I CAN HAZ THESIS PLZ?? |
That's all for now. Stay tuned for more updates on the life (or lack of it) of the MA students!
Epilogue: I am getting cash-strapped very soon! Please approve my application now! And in the end, I have not even finish reading the samples of research proposal and instead resort to avoiding reality by blogging. MASTER STUDENT FAIL.
No comments:
Post a Comment