Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Pearl Island in December.

Prologue: *cough cough* It seems to me that my body is giving up on me. Sore throat and asthma!? *cough cough* And it seems to me my biological clock is still trying to get used to the life in Penang and I had trouble sleeping for the past two nights. Hopefully I can sleep better tonight.

Yet another cold night over my room at Bakti Permai, USM.

12/12 at 30,000 feet above sea level, speeding across South China Sea heading towards its destination - Pearl Island. Originally I was allocated an aisle with two people beside me. Then I noticed that the last four rows in the plane was empty hence I decided to make a move and makes three seats as my own. Wee window seat and wide seat pitch for once! And oh did you all notice the yellow winglet? That's because we are flying on Lotus Racing Team special themed logojet!

Landing on Pearl Island. And as you can see on the runway, it rained earlier. And the rain continues at late evening all the way through the night. For the first time that I felt so cold in my room. Maybe it was amplified by my loneliness or whatever.

My room over Bakti Permai after being left untouched for a month. Still as untidy as always. Managing my life fails.

My usual place to be on the very first 24 hours day in Penang at Pelita. It's a Lunch & Online session but I had to walk under torrential downpour to get there. The weather was so cold that I feel that it's more like a rainy evening at 6pm rather than 1pm! And I wonder what's wrong with my judgment to go all the way there under a torrential downpour just to online despite not exactly in good shape yet (in terms of my asthma and mucus la! Not my out of shape body!) Had Teh O panas and Nasi goreng just to get some warmth. And the connection sucked so badly after an hour that I feel like FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU and immediately regretted my poor judgment. Totally FAILED online session.

My lunch today (14/12 Tuesday). I went back to Pelita again today for B&O just to online again and the connection through the whole morning was fine until 11:30am when it's almost lunch time and the connection started to feel sluggish. Then my might went FFFFFFUUUUU-- again. Maybe should settle this OCD issue once and for all and start considering seriously about getting myself a WiMax or Wireless Broadband a try. In fact, my parent gave their silent consent about it too so the only thing left is taking that move? Which one should I consider? Heard too much complain about both Maxis and Celcom 3G already so I am looking at what P1 Wimax what to offer. But P1 is only available in Peninsular so what will happen to the coverage once I am back in Kuching then? And oh besides the wireless, I am also thinking about buying myself a printer. Save myself some long term money, energy of going over to printing shop as well as heartache when your flashdrive is infected by virus over the printing shop. Hmm thinking thinking. Anyway back to the food I tapao-ed. It was the first time that I tapao-ed economic rice from ShuangXing because I wasn't feeling of eating out so I tapao-ed it back to my room. Mix-vege with Pork! Wholesome meal that's makes me miss my home. Maybe I should go out to tapao more instead of being stuck with the usual cafe food which doesn't contain pork in order to comply halal regulation.
So yeah, I am back on Pearl Island for good. But I will be back!

Epilogue: That's all for now. Gotta start doing something about my proposal soon. And I know I said it for months already. I still don't know why I just can't start sitting down and start typing real stuff related to my research. Gah!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...