-31 December 2010-
![]() |
| Time flies. Picture taken earlier in the evening. |
Time flies indeed, ladies and gentlemen (yeah, the couple of you that dropped by to my humble little abode occasionally whenever I updated my blog) and it has finally come to the moment that anyone will realize that it's already the very last day of the year 2010 and as time ticking away with no mercy, pacing slowly towards to the a whole new year. It seems like only yesterday that year 2010 started and at a blink of an eye, it's already over. One didn't realize how fast time flies while they're in it but once they look back, it's indeed gone. And that's what exactly I felt today.
As it is that time of the year again, guess it is only customary and typically for me to look back what happened to me in my life for the past 364 days. In summary, this year's definitely much better than last year (especially the later half of 2009. Fuck 2009 and all the people that have their hand in making my 2009 miserable.) and I would dare say that this year is great that it's filled with various highlights, forever lasting moments and important milestones in my life. The first half of the year is basically spending the last moments for me as a final year student in it's final semester in his undergraduate life in the the best course of his life, Bachelor of Arts (Honour) Translation and Interpreting Studies. My final semester as BATI undergraduate was no doubt busy with Final Year Project (Academic Text Group with Dr. Haslina Haroon. Initially entered this group with doubts but in the end come out a extremely satisfied student in great company. Can't wait for the book to be published by ITNM!) and all other miscellanous assignments which tend to pile up dangerously at times but I am glad that all of us survived. We're still alive. Besides that, in that semester too that I finally walk the jumping board and took the plunge into possibly a whole new ventures: going for Masters of Arts (Translation Studies). And here comes the very last exam in my undergraduate life which only consist of one last paper before everything as undergraduate student for me ends and head back home to wait. And wait. Went into euphoria for a moment. Which evolved into nail-baiting nervousness before the one that has been waiting for eons finally came. Hurray! I can finally head back to Pearl Island safely and surely!
And here it comes, currently the biggest milestone in my life. My own graduation. In fact it's so important, I will put up links of the photoalbums related to event leading up to to my own convocation ceremony here and here. For those who're my friends on Facebook, I wish I can relish the sweet moment again with all of you. How much I missed you all.
After the euphoria of finally being acknowledge as a Bachelor of Arts (Honour) Translation and Interpreting Studies, I am slowly sinking back into the new reality as a very lonely postgraduate living in a single room (which I appreciate) in Bakti Permai which only occasionally being placated mainly by ChanPao and BeeSze who had extended their studies because of student exchange. I spent the 22nd year of my life here pretty much alone (aside from the cake from the group birthday we had in the last SISTAHood's gathering before convocation) but ended in a sweet note (in a way) but then has since slowly stagnated. Went back home to spent my semester holiday and had plenty of fun away from prolonged rut. Found ever growing comfort towards my time at home until don't really wanna come back. But I am back anyway and I spent my Christmas physically alone but wasn't feeling to bad because of BBC Radio 4 and everybody else who spent Christmas eve and Christmas day at home being busy and such. And here it is, the very last day of the year.
Besides all these moments that I had, one greatest thing that I have this year in my time in university (and hopefully until the end of time) are friendship and company, a close knitted coven called SISTAHood. We spent so many precious moments this year, whether it's spending time together for lunch and make unique birthday presents, pre-graduation holiday that we went around the Northern Peninsular Region and back or the actual graduation holiday in which the SISTAHood came over to my side of the pond to spent once in a lifetime moment here. (which I admit the execution could've done better due to occasionally communication breakdown and time arrangement but otherwise still pleasurable and memorable. Especially Bako National Park.) We still manage to spent some quality time together despite being incomplete over here in Penang but with ChanPao and SzeSze going to graduate in March and everybody else working, I am going to be the last of the SISTAHood left in university. And I am still getting used to greater loneliness in a way but I will have to cope it, slowly and surely.
So that's all for 2010. Now looking forward to the first day of the year 2011 (which will come in a few hours time), do I have any conscious New Year Resolution for myself to face in the coming year? To be frank, I don't really have a habit to make a clearly outlined, firm resolution unlike certain people but instead rested my faith on rather fluid and hazy hope or subconscious target. And I think I will do that again for year 2011, in which I hope that I can maintain or better, improve my sanity and happiness as well as gaining greater amount of motivation and ideas in executing and finishing my postgraduate thesis and graduate with a respectable publication when everything ends. Yeah. That what I really need for now. What about your own resolution and hope for year 2011, ladies and gentlemen?
-Time ticking towards 1 January 2011...-
Epilogue: I should start working hard. I should start working hard. I should start working hard! *trying to implant thought of hardwork subconsciously in mind and pray hard that I will be able to pulled it off without a hitch on everything* Gotta start getting serious (despite the irony that I said such words so many times, I am going to say it again.)


No comments:
Post a Comment