Monday, 31 January 2011

Final post for January...

...and two more days before Chinese New Year Celebration begins! Sorry that I have been leaving my blog in dust for about a week now and I say time do really flies and I will enter my first week back in Kuching! Just to pick up where do I left off, let's have a look on what happening in my life for the past week back in home sweet home Kuching!

But let's start off with the day I came back, Tuesday 25 January.  Utter chaos at the departure hall: the line for domestic flights stretches all the way to the check in area because there's only one X-ray machine working for pre-boarding checking. It was so frustrating that the landside staff have to go along the line ushering the international passenger who went into the long line to go straight to the front for international departure (there's two separate door side by side for domestic and international departure.).  Despite the fact that domestic flights make the bulk of the flight here, there's only two x-ray machines for domestic flights. Anyway, waited patiently in the line until I finally went through. Another first time over X-ray machine: pre-board checking requires passenger to remove their laptop from their bag for separate x-ray. What's wrong about it being in the bag? Especially when there's only one functioning x-ray machine!

Reached airside finally and boarded the plane as usual. And saw this rather disturbing ad from Maxis asking passenger to switch on their mobile phone in flight! Though modern technology has allowed passengers to be able to use mobile phone inflight, I would rather see the mobile phone usage fan stays on just for the sake of safety and people talking to their mobile phone in flight! Go away Maxis you money grubbing company and AirAsia who sell off the table tray advertising space to grab more money!
It was quite a bumpy flight leaving the Peninsular across South China Sea with the seatbelt sign switching on for a couple of times throughout the flight. I am glad my seatmate over the window seat have pull down the blind to save me the nervousness of seeing continuously white uncertainties outside the plane.
 
Nature calls midflight! Thanks for the not exactly full flight and luck that I was seated at the aisle seat which enables me more freedom of movement. So I paid a visit to the loo for the first time and witness the suction power of the vacuum toilet. Woosh!

My first inflight camwhore! The large mirror is tempting me to do so.

Tiny sink.
Made it through the cloud to seeing Kuching lighting up for the night. So nice to be at home.

My all too familiar sight while waiting for my family to pick me up from the airport. The fresh air after rain in Kuching is so nice to breathe on.
A series of Chinese New Year stuff!
Chinese new year decoration over Boulevard mall!

Chinese new year shopping with my mom and my bro which end up as one of the longest bill that I have ever seen. Biscuits, tidbits and soft drinks and all sort of stuff!

Home cooking galore: my dad cooked Sarawak Laksa for breakfast today! *woot*

Standard garnish for all Sarawak Laksa (from left): Omelette strips, boiled prawn, shredded chicken meat and beansprount. Garnish it on top of beehoon, douse it with broth and you will get...

...a hearty breakfast to kickstart the day! The best thing about it being home cook is that you can eat to your heart content! Ahh how much I love homecooking!
A new companion for the new year...

Introducing my new mobile phone, a smartphone that's actually smarter than me, Nokia E72! Actually this is a second hand mobile phone which my elder brother help me bought from his friend and him covering half of the cost as the CNY present for me. How thoughtful of him! Anyway, I made my immense upgrade over and now my face is gracing my phone as a wallpaper!

For my good old companion Samsung, you served me well for the past three years as a medium of communication for me. You still have your place in this world though when I turn you over to my youngest brother. Now everyone in my family have a mobile phone now!
Last but not least, some progress update on my proposal. Now trudging and grinding more then half way already and getting ready to reach the final leg of my proposal preparation. Just went through (rather achingly) on literature review and still trying to brew the idea for the introduction part. The hardest part is yet to come: theoretical framework! How do I make a convincing proposal with scatterbrain! Oh dear! Will I be able to finish in time before Chinese New Year and mid-February, my supposed deadline to hand in the proposal for presentation?

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...