Last part of my whirlwind trip down under and continuation from the previous post!
-15 January 2010, Saturday-
Weekend and Owen finally got the free time he deserved. While Taukelip head out earlier with AhJia to pick up AhKei's camera over Time Square, Owen brought me out to have breakfast and a trip to downtown instead before meeting up with Taukelip for lunch!
 |
| Please stand behind the line... |
 |
| ...because the train's coming through! |
 |
| A spectacular view of Kuala Lumpur's skyscraper right before the train enters the underground section over the heavily build downtown. |
 |
| First stop: Pasar Seni LRT Station and we head straight to Petaling Street again, this time for breakfast! This particular stall is famous for its (somewhat expensive but delish!) fish fillet porridge! The fish filler comes raw and you're suppose to dunk the fish fillet into the hot porridge immediately to let it cook for a while into it's distinctive soft texture! |
 |
| Owen, enjoying his bowl of porridge! |
 |
| Owen went to the Guandi Temple to pay his tribute by praying for blessing while I waited at the side again. Feeling a tadbit guilty for being an atheist again. This is the temple that Owen frequented whenever he's around the area. |
 |
| Right down the same street is a Hindu temple and we decided to pay a visit since we've never step in one before! The main portal is decorated with ornate designs and Hindu gods and deities! |
 |
| The main prayer hall is lavishly decorated too with colourful ceiling and marble floor. A photo-chance is a must! |
 |
| Your's truly! |
 |
| There are a musical troupe playing right beside at the hall and lots of tourist are taking picture with them. Since I am tourist, might as well do it! |
 |
| After we're done with Petaling Street, we head to KLCC! While Suria KLCC still look huge, it's kinda dated now especially with new malls sprucing up here and there! |
 |
| Obligatory photo-chance again! Not too long later, AhLip came over to meet us for lunch. |
 |
| F1 racing car at the lobby of Petronas Philarmonic Hall. Taukelip actually suggested us to go up to visit the SkyBridge but unfortunately the Skybridge tour is closed for the weekend. Bummer. |
 |
| We went for lunch time over Chilli's which was jam-packed with people and we actually waited for half-an-hour (by reserving by the counter) before we actually can be seated. |
 |
| Apple juice that tastes exactly like Zappel. |
 |
| Caesar Salad. |
 |
| Quesadilla Combo! |
After our lunch, Owen went to buy a new pair of jeans over Lea's (he's in glee!) and after that, we headed back home while waiting for Szejia to come back to the apartment and head out for dinner later at night.
 |
| Dinner time at Melia Hotel located right across Time Square KL. We're kinda being mislead into having steamboat buffet dinner. Bah humbug, we shall eat it anyway! |
 |
| Ah Jia and AhLip, making their way through food. |
 |
| Owen NOMing the salad. |
 |
| Me camwhore. The steamboat buffet was...less than satisfactory. (What can you expect from a steamboat buffet!) Yet I stuffed myself full with food until I had to resort to Eno to relieve my digestive discomfort. After dinner, we walk around the area before head home. Had a short skirmish with bunch of mislead uni student posing as scammer which I used my dodging skill perfected to avoid them. AhLip almost fell prey for them though before Owen drag AhLip away. Damn! |
-16 January 2010, Sunday-
It's time to head back to Pearl Island. My deepest gratitude to my gracious hosts, Owen, SzeJia and YangLip for accompanying me all around during my short stint here down under at Kuala Lumpur. Who am I gonna be without y'all! It's time to bid farewell for now and we'll see each other again, this time when we're back in Kuching.
 |
| I tag along with AhJia to where I am gonna board the bus which is at Corus Hotel near KLCC. Reached there around 8:30am while the bus is scheduled to leave at 9:30am. |
 |
| Did I tell you I am travelling with Aeroline? Ever since I used it the last time I was here, I am fairly confident with its service and punctuality. Hence two days before, AhJia helped me booked a ticket from Aeroline using his credit card. |
 |
| The ticket comes with a complimentary coffee at Corus! |
 |
| 9:30 am. Boarded and ready to go! |
 |
| The bus is roughly half full and each passenger are provided with a headphone for four radio channel as well as DVD TV in front. |
 |
| Besides that, we're provided with Subway sandwiches and a cup of hot drink which I opted for Milo. |
 |
| The journey itself is fast and uneventful (except for a pitstop over Bukit Gantang) and I tried to go online on the bus using my Yes4G. The coverage fluctuates rapidly as it passes on signal relay station over the other so from time to time it will connect and disconnect like mad. Besides that, the bus itself can be too bumpy for laptop too hence after managing to update my status on Facebook, I head back to my seat again. Who the heck can work in a shaky bus?! Not too long later...Penang state border. |
 |
| Crossing the Penang Bridge with Pearl Island in sight. |
 |
| Reached our eventual destination: Sungai Nibong Bus Terminus in four hours. It was ok as the bus is very comfortable. Walk across the road, hop on the RapidPenang bus (Scania bus kick KL's dilapidated SHIT 1000 times), head back to campus by 3pm. |
That's all for my whirlwind trip down South at Kuala Lumpur! I wonder will there be next time?
Epilogue: I will be going back to Kuching in a week time and I haven't really done anything substantial for my research. Panic flight or fight mechanism going to set in soon especially when the deadline's inching in. ONOZ!
No comments:
Post a Comment