Prologue: My blog in is dust again *dust off cobwebs*. Not exactly in mood to do anything right now even though there's a very important event for me coming this Thursday (will talk about it later in the epilogue). Motivation, where art thou? I am so jaded that that I didn't even bothered about last Friday being Friday the 13th or May 13 besides making a passing mention about it on Facebook and over here now. (Probably because I see superstitions as merely and remotely interesting cultural artifact of human kind and when May 13 happened, Sarawak haven't even finish polling and blissfully unaware about what's happening across the pond in harmony.) The most attention that I had given to for the last 5 days was...Angry Birds being available on Google Chrome as an app. Postgraduate at work. *hides in solitary confinement*
Slow Days 2. Here are some mish-mash about what's happening in my life today just to keep my blog alive.
 |
| *Belated* Monthly Ritual of Rent Payment. It's already the middle of the month and I was starting to wonder why the Bakti's administration haven't sent their rental invoice unlike their usual diligence in reminding the tenants to pay up. Out of curiosity, I went to the office to check whether they already distributed their rental invoice to the tenant and turns out that they actually haven't! May's a busy month they say, probably busying closing accounts and such for the end of a semester. In the end, they printed the invoice to me on site now that I am there to pick it up directly myself and after that I made my usual pilgrimage to the bank and then walk up the perilous hill to the Bursary Department to pay my rent. That's gotta be a first: a tenant that ask the owner to chase money from self before the owner actually make a peep. |
 |
| And as usual for my rental payment trip, I end up at my usual haunt for breakfast if I ever venture outside of my room: Plus 2 for Wantan Mee. Turns out they raised the price: last time for Wantan Mee Besar was RM3.50, now it's RM3.80. Combined with my usual order of Barlee Peng (RM 1.70), it's a round RM 5 now instead of RM 4.70. Did the price hike recently involved flour product? *shrug shoulder* Whenever I ate at wantan mee place, I remember the good old days of the SISTAHood! |
While I took my walk back from Plus 2 to USM, there isn't much traces of the
flash flood that happened a couple of days ago due to continuous rain except slightly dirtied pavement, the ditch cover (that has always been in a dilapidated state) finally cracked and collapsed leaving a stretch of pavement dangerous for unwary pedestrian. The most visible effect that I can see is the muddled water of Tasik Harapan because of siltation and the floating lily pads are all gone and I can imagine all those biawaks and fishes and turtles that flushed away to the ditches. Guess all the
clean up work done has gone to waste then.
Last but not least though, I did something for the coming important event: a haircut It has been a while my camwhore face appear in my blog!
 |
| My hair had grown to long for my comfort after so many months (the last time I had my haircut was right before Chinese New Year Eve). The hair on my sides irritates my earlobe a bit too much while my bang tend to get messed up and droop low whenever there's strong wind or I shake my head too hard (for whatever reason I shake my head lol.). The morning hair when I wake up was poofed up craziness. Time to say good bye to my long hair just for the occasion. |
 |
| Hello new hair with my large forehead finally making a breather after being hidden by my bang for quite a while. The irritating sideburn has retreated to an more manageable, less irritating length. Hope that with a new hairlook, I will be ready at least on outward appearance before the big day comes. |
Oh well that's all for now I guess. Oh, the big day that I am talking about: Research Proposal Presentation, Thursday 19 September, 2.30 pm at PPIK. Finally my proposal will go through rigourous scrutinizing by the department's faculty member and based on my previous experience of attending other candidate's proposal presentation session, it can get very heated with clash of scholarly opinion and it can be very scary. I am suppose to be working on my presentation slide for a quick (20 minutes) summary for my research and look where I am now? Slow Days 2 Indeed.
Epilogue: Tomorrow's public holiday (Wesak Day) but I won't be going out though. Most likely will slave myself to whatever I should be working right now. Meanwhile, plenty of photo materials for the past few days but I guess I will keep it either as a backlog or just uploading on Facebook instead. Gotta get serious. Motivation, where art thou?
No comments:
Post a Comment