Prologue: Can't believe it's already July. Still brewing inspiration to write something proper whether it's my thesis (the thing I am supposed to be working on right now) or blogpost (2 cents about recent events in reality) so while waiting for it, here's yet another random pictures around my life coupled with some commentary post. It's hard to keep up readership when one's lacking in motivation and inspiration, constantly distracted by LOLs and Skyscrapers and Airliners and Porn.
Firstly, summing up my current situation within one panel courtesy
PHDComics: Piled Higher and Deeper. His latest entry is a direct jab to the rib! *ouch*
 |
| It's so hard to explain whatever I am doing right now to anyone (including myself!) and whenever the question of when am I going to graduate popped up, I can only grin nervously while dying on the inside. I will graduate just in time...right? Time's ticking away while I didn't notice...Help. |
Random bits of my life.
 |
| The weather has took a most likely man-made turn for the worse: HAZE originating from open burning by subsistence farmer from Sumatra brought across the strait by wind, an annual event of some sort. This picture taken around 7am today might look cool and serene but it's actually a thick shroud of haze. The usually pale blue sky has been replaced by drab, murky gray. You can literally smell the burning air and feel it right in the throat and lung while your eyes started to water because of irritation. The visibility was so low that Georgetown disappeared under haze as thick as pea soup while me, ChengFai and Syahmi went up to Penang Hill the other day. |
Oh yeah now that we're talking about, yours truly has played a (hardly gracious because living in a single room with only a single bed means that anyone who wants to bunk in my room will have to sleep on the floor. That's what he did.) host by letting Syahmi to bunk in my single room while he's over here for settling some stuff and a lil escapade to Pearl Island. (Watch out for future blogpost and/or pictures on Facebook. Stay tuned! Depends on my mood swing so it might take a while.) To accommodate an extra person comfortably however, I finally done something that I should be doing for my own well-being but never really brought myself to do it because of laziness: cleaning up my room. (My parent and my SISTAHs especially
ZZ and
ChanPao who've see the worst of my room before will be somewhat proud.)
 |
| OK I know it's definitely far to being considered as tidy but did you see the space between my table and the boxes on the side? It was totally invisible covered by clutters of books and bags and boxes and instant noodles and what not a week ago. Even I (the worst person you would ever know in organization and house keeping) has to admit that it's indeed an improvement in quality of life. What shall I do with this space then? |
 |
| Cleaning up also means that I have to bid farewell to my already dried up bouquet of flower that I go almost a year ago from my parent during my convocation and has been sitting right beside my table withered away and dusty. A piece of memory, however withered it is, is gone into the dumpster. There's no way to keep a bouquet of fresh flowers alive forever anyway and I don't know how to make flower press or potpourri. |
Random sights in USM.
 |
| Kinda wondered what's this programme about? What's in the course outline? Why does it sound fairly indoctrinizing-ish? Whom does it caters to? Since it's organized by BHEPP (Student Affair and Development Division), it can only boils down to: general campus population? (Err..but we are in holiday and the campus is deserted.) Visitors from other uni (Maybe. Gonna watch out for random campus buses from other uni!) MPPs? (Maybe, maybe.) PPSLs? (Err...but new student will only arrived in September so by right their training should be in the month of August, not during July.) Clubs and society's leaders? (Maybe, maybe.) Staff? (Nah, if it's staff, it's most likely internal.) If it's not publicised (I wasn't aware of it while the campus is still abuzz with students...or maybe I sequestered in my room too long.), why do you need a banner now? Whom do you want to show it too aside from curious and bored postgrads like me? Since it's gonna be held around Kompleks Cahayasiswa anyway, I can always drop by and take a sneek peak while I walk over to CG for cheap nasi campur. |
 |
| The hottest topic in Malaysian reality right now, the 很黄很暴力 (As painted by the "mass media".) scheduled 9 July Bersih 2.0 Rally can be (somewhat barely) noticed in campus (well I spotted this at deserted Tekun during midnight when I dropped by ChengFai's room with Syahmi to watch Glee) as well with random, non-descript plain white most like photocopied hastily A4 size public announcement adorned with an ominous picture of handcuff and warning for people who plans to attend the scheduled rally by quoting the related criminals Acts. It was unnamed and undated and unapproved so there's no way we can trace who actually put up this public announcement whether it was done by official or an outside. Either way though, I doubt this non-descript poster is going too reach out to anyone simply because it's DEAD SILENT over that side of campus with few lonely souls around. USM's administration had made it's stand though with this short advisory. Anyway, those who wanna go will go anyway but the scheduled Bersih 2.0 has taken a couple very dramatic turns of event from Audience by DYMMYDA before being flip-flopped by the government again. What will happen on 9 July? Will the rally actually go through? Will compromise finally be reached before the D-Day. I will keep an close eye as the event unfold while brewing further the issue about electoral reform in general. Hopefully will finally muster enough motivation to write a research post before the D-Day! |
Stuffs relevant to my campus life.
 |
| Wantan Mee at Plus2 around 8:30am. It has been quite a while since the last time I woke up this early to go outside and it has been a while indeed for me to have my usual Wantan Mee besar with barley/luo han guo peng as breakfast. Syahmi went back to KK earlier this morning on a 10:30am flight with AirAsia. I never knew that AirAsia actually have a direct flight all the way (2 hour and a half) from KK! It's gonna be dead boring though which definitely worse than my 2 hours Kuching flight. |
 |
| Bought insect repellant just counter the nightly visits by the annoying green little bugs that makes me itch like mad while swarming my room attracted by the fluorescent life. Which is odd because it was relatively peaceful a couple of weeks ago so why now? The proximity of my block to nature (thick vegetation and trees in the vicinity) provide the habitat for these pesky swarm. My leg is full of scars all over. With tube of Ridsect in my hand...it's time to fight back. Inb4 ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I have had it with the motherfucking BUGS in my motherfucking ROOM! One problem though: I cannot do it while I am in room lest I wanna suffocate self to death by insecticide...but there's no other place for me to go at night while I gas the room! It only comes when there's light anyway! Trapped between unplanned expenditure and fight bugs. |
That's all for the opening post for the month of July I guess. I...I will write something up for the next few days either it's about me going around Penang with ChengFai and Syahmi or Electoral Reform or something else. Stay tuned. *swat tiny green bugs from arm*
Epilogue: Continues to fail in keeping up reading. There are a couple books that I haven't touch yet and I still haven't finish that one crucial book. What's wrong with me? Meanwhile, done yet another small translation work: direct sales pitch of ambiguous mainland Chinese health product...basically scaring the shit out of plebs with FEAR of death and miracle psedoscience before fleecing them off with demeaning MLM/Pyramid scheme. Yeah, I hated it because of unpleasant past experiences. Same thing for insurance agent, credit card reps and sales person in shopping mall that blocks your way while you're walking and mutual fund agent.
No comments:
Post a Comment