Thursday, 30 June 2011

Decadance...

Prologue: Originally I was thinking of writing a proper post to give my two cents about the upcoming Bersih 2.0 rallies on 9 July and the series of brouhahas going on right now from numerous arrests of activist (with almost up to the minute coverage on social media as well as their campaign to pressure the police to release the detainees by spamming sms and phone calls out of the officers. Say, how did they get their hand on the private phone numbers of the officers?) to the planned counter-protests headed by Racist Bigot in Chief and Blowhard Prick in Chief. With all these brouhahas and allegations and conspiracies going on, the key issue here which is electoral reform is blurred. The media, mass media or online "alternative" media is not doing their job as well in informing the public but instead spending their time either painting Bersih 2.0 as 很黄很暴力 on one hand for the mass media and hyping up the arrest and painting the activist as martyrs oppressed by the evil police state. Blergh. It's all their ploy to gain money from hapless plebs like YOU. Yeah, YOU. I digress though in the end because a) it's almost 12am right now and June's going to be over in less than half an hour b) I still have a week to go before the showdown happens and c) the annoying bugs are back after they spare me last night. So instead, I am post some pics and wrap up the month. No worries though because I will definitely spent time thinking about it while searching material to back up my post so expect it to be up sometime before the actual event! Stay tuned!

...and wrapping up another month. I can't believe it's already 30 June!

With me currently living under austerity measures living off stipends from parent (I feel like...Greece.) even simple enjoyment like munching on snacks and eating out somewhere proper can be considered as luxury or even decadence. Nevertheless, another month is coming to an end and so does the Manhattan Fish Market RM10 Student Promo. What better way to celebrate the end of the month than having a promo lunch outing. Best of all, I got to meet up with Cheng Fai, this junior/buddy of mine which haven't bump into for quite a while even though he's in campus right now. So of we go for lunch!

Cheng Fai! Sorry for the bad picture quality though. It's the lighting. We had lunch, we chatted about everything on the surface of the earth before wrapping up by loitering around Borders for books and talking about Hong Kong. Oh, I also learned a new adjective today: august.
I had been guilty of snacking. It's those sudden urges you see!

I rekindled with my old addiction again the other day: Munchy's Cheese Cracker. I finished the whole package of it in one day with half packet gone in one seating. Remind myself not to buy it in campus though cos it's RM5, a tad more expensive than major supermarket chain like Jusco and Sunshine and Tesco.

And today, I got tempted by ChengFai to buy Rocky/Pocky Promo Packs because he spotted two full chocolate promo packs instead of the usual mixed packs and he was hesitating whether he wanna by two of it. In the end, I took one for myself and I already down one box during dinner. I am spoiling myself again!

Pocky~~
So yeah, this is how I spent my last day of June. I should fall to the ground in despair now because July's coming and I had achieved pretty much nothing for the past one whole month. FML. *depressed* Still reading up more journals and books to expand my literature review even further to make it a full chapter. But it's already July and a milestone will be coming up soon but I haven't prepared for it yet!

Epilogue: Published just in time! About two minutes to July!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...