Prologue: Well. It's already March. February hits a new low in the amount of blogpost that I wrote per month (only two posts!) and there's quite a possibility that March might end up the same as well if I didn't put up something. So here we go again, some sort of filler before I have the energy to come up with actual, proper content about my life. Then again, who still write and read blogs anyway these days? Our attention span and patience has become ridiculous short no thanks to the 140 letters limits and Share/Like/ReTweet/#tag of Facebook and Twitter, fulfilling humans increasingly insatiable need for content and information instantly with a click on their mouse/tab on their whatever high tech glowing tray they've have. No room for slow digestion anymore. No more prolonged thoughts. Human inevitable future will be consists of bleeps and blops. There, my excuse for my tardiness in blogging.
![]() |
| Captured around DK DEF Universiti Sains Malaysia. It rained the night before hence the deep blue sky. |
空がこんなに青いとは
空がこんなに青いとは
手をつないで歩いていって
みんなで仰いだ空
ホントに青い空
空が教えてくれた
大きい心を持つように
友達の手を離さぬように
知らなかったよ
空がこんなに青いとは
何故かしら悲しくなって
一人で見上げた空
とっても青い空
空は聞かせてくれた
風にも負けない雲のように
一人でももう泣かないように
As you might have noticed from the video that I posted, I came across this song from from one of the Closing Song used in Nichijou 日常 (lit. Regular Daily Life) (Eps 23) as sang by Mai (麻衣) and Professor (博士). It turns out this song (Lit. I Didn't Know That The Sky Could Be So Blue.) is actually originally arranged for Children's Choir. By the way, Nichijou used a variety of folk songs, choir and Japanese graduation songs as their closing theme from episode 14 to 26 and they released in in a compilation CD aptly named Nichijou no Gasshou Kyoku 日常の合唱曲 (lit Nichijou's Chorus). Go find it over the internet and download it. This one stands out the most for me (besides the Japanese graduation songs of course) hence deserve a special mention plus an actual photo of a blue sky to go with it.
In fact, I urge you to read/watch and/or download the whole series of it. While this slice of life series is basically about exaggerating bits of daily life into ridiculous proportion (complete with smooth dramatic animation courtesy of Kyoto Animation), those bits of daily life still hit closely to everyone's psyche and leave you with a feeling of dejavu ("that happened to me before I think" "where did I see this before?"). The main stories (The highschool girl trio and Shinonome household) are interspersed with short standalone sections, some of them are actually worth a gem (echoing plenty of sentiments online) such as Like Love (ラブ的) that will leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling in your heart. Just watch.
Another major shining point for Nichijou as the breakout series is its background music, composed using actual orchestral score! The accompanying music in any scene intertwined perfectly with the story line itself and this actually reached a new height in one scene which features no dialogue whatsoever between the characters that were building a tower of cards. It's really eargasm. It's all available on the internet, go download it and listen to it after you're done watching Nichijou.
I think I will stop my excessive exultation here so that I wouldn't want to spoil this series further. ぜひ見ててね!
Epilogue: Snail paced and unmotivated. Go check my Facebook profile or something if the silence of my blog is a bit too long. You'll be fed with even more mundane updates.

No comments:
Post a Comment