Saturday, 10 March 2012

[Filler] 合体!

Prologue: "Filler again?" might be what you had in mind when you saw the title of this post is helpfully marked with [filler]. However, I always make sure of my filler is made of Good Stuff (hence the helpful but often unnoticed Labels at the end of this post) and these good stuffs are the stuff I genuinely enjoy while I usually spet rest of the time moaning about everything else that has been going on and not going on in my life...and thinking about thesis. Just give it a go while I ponder what else should I write next time. I am piling higher and deeper as I am typing. Oh, and it's raining outside. Brr.

Forbidden GATTAI! indeed.
Aquarion Evol is one of the anime I am following recently which is basically about the adventure of a bunch of teenagers in an academy for teenagers with special power (Element as the show goes) piloting three fighter jets thing (Vectors as the show calls it) which can combine/merge/transform (hence GATTAI!) into a large mecha called Aquarion. So far so mecha, right? I am not the type who falls for mecha genre because of how the story line can be heavy handed laden with too much intrigue and drama. (Especially the Gundam series. By the way, the only Gundam I watched before way back in my childhood day...was G Gundam. Don't kill me, hardcore Gunpla fan who enjoy genocides and space wars!). Aquarion Evol however sheds all those heavy moral values (so far of course because it's only the tenth episode in. Still very fresh!) and hinges heavily on cringing, cheesy lines of double entendre, orgasmic (for the ladies at least complete with glowing naked bodies) GATTAI! action and of course, over the top mecha action. Besides its blatant romp of fanservice and great character design *ahem*I'm shipping Cayenne X Shrade. And Kagura*ahem* , one major shining that made me hook on to the series is its theme and closing song, sang by sibling group of Akino with Bless 4 and composed by Yoko Kanno which is the main reason I wrote this post. Just watch it for GATTAI!

Opening: 君の神話〜アクエリオン第二章 (Anime version and full version)





Lyrics: Click here courtesy of Anime Lyrics. (Because I am too impatient to properly format it into this post. You can choose between Kanji or Romaji.). Listening to the song made you want to thrust your hand to the sky and yell: GATTAI!

Closing: 月光シンフォニア (Anime version and Full Version)





Lyrics: Click here again courtesy of Anime Lyrics. The powerful chorus by Akino really sent the shivers down the spine.

So that's all for my recommendation of the day. Watch it!

Epilogue: So despite the good stuff I am trying to peddle you with, you're still unsatisfied with the lack of information. Alright, alright. Here's some stuff related to me and real life.

If you still haven't notice anything yet, my blog has its own favicon now (hence a helpful large arrow has been added in for extra visibility...or you can just look at it from your own browsers.) I made it all by myself using MSpaint matching the general colour theme of my blog and then add in my initial and voila.

Effective 3 Mar onward, USM has unblocked Youtube...with a catch. It's only open during weekend and they actually plan to block Facebook access on computer using LAN network.  So no more goofing off in workplace then. Not sure is this compromise is satisfying or not but at least it allows me to blog this post in the middle of the night. It's 3am and I am supposed to wake up at 7am tomorrow to attend an event held by my department. Better show my face before everyone forgot about my existence.

2 comments:

saki said...

woot!
lol. Aquarion Evol is a class of its own when compared to Gundam series.
Not a series where mecha fan would give high rating for the plot but the overall series is pleasant (so far). Plus, the music for the series is awesome *__* It's expected after all when Yoko kano and gabriela Robin are involved XD
The graphic is of different level when compared to it's predecessor, Genesis of Aquarion. However, I can't help but feel the characters' development in GoA is better. Amata seems less empowered and a pushover when compared to Apollo from GoA. BUT, like you say, it's still too early to make a conclusion about how things would turn up. After all, GE has not even reached half of the overall episodes.

Oh, try watching Genesis of Aquarion. I highly recommend you to watch it X3 The WTF-ckeriness of the plot makes it a humorous AND engaging.(sorry for the language but it's the only vocab that comes to my mind when describing GoA >_<)

Cayenne X Shrade is <3

LiZaRdboi_88 said...

Yay, fellow nakama! *High 5*

Sometimes I do feel I am a bit of shallow because whenever I look back to older series (even when GoA is only like 6 years old.) with understandable er...rougher design, I do feel somewhat discouraged to watch it though I do recognize the fact that people who followed GoA felt that a bit better compared to Evol. Plenty of intrigues happened in recent episode though specifically Kagura and his memory of Apollonius. What will happen to Amata and Mikono?

Meanwhile...my dirty mind keeps on associating the vine Mykage used to restrain Kagura as...tentacle. I bet doujin artist in Japan had a field day! Can't wait for the doujins!

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...