Friday, 30 March 2012

Rounding Up March.

Alt. Title: Reality is Acting Against Me or Hapless Idiot Bringing a Series of Inconvenience to Self.

The past three weeks in the month of March has been consisted mostly of a series of unfortunate events. It's as if fate/karma has something against me/being a bitch to me trying to push me off the edge of sanity.

To kick start the series of unfortunate event, MyBrain15 has rejected me for the third time so who says third time's the charm? More like third time's the SHITE. While part of me have already expected this outcome to repeat itself again, still it's never a good feeling being rejected especially if it's done again and again. It's seems to me that the KPT hates me as much as I hate KPT. the most obvious thing that annoys me in this situation is that KPT probably has a long list of reasons why my application is rejected or not eligible but every cycle they deliver the verdict (probably due to lack of space or sheer laziness, who knows?), they only list out one reason leaving the hapless applicant to make amend to his application and reapply again...only to reject it outright once again for another reason...then repeat again until either the applicant gave up of applying/drop out due to financial difficulties/graduated (fingers crossed). So which one will I turn out to be in the future? I am certainly feeling discouraged at the moment and first scenarios is seemingly imminent.

With repeated rejection of MyBrain15 and little alternative available, the monthly reminder of my state of financial difficulties that is monthly rental invoice couldn't be more louder.

Just to add more deficit to my already failing economy on receivership: I lost my little umbrella that I brought over here from Kuching (which in fact is the result of me losing another small umbrella that I brought last semester back in Kuching) last Tuesday most likely over Burger King Bandar Sungai Pinang branch after I had my lunch there. (obviously no picture because I lost it). I've lost track of the number of small umbrellas that I lost or ruined for the past five years and the existence of the little umbrella never really sets in or register in my minuscule memory that I always overlook it until a while later when I really needs it. Bad things obviously don't end at that of course because today, I managed to snap my 2 months old belt buckle that I bought myself as Chinese New Year get up (after my previous one year old belt on the verge of snapping at belt buckle area as well, to be precised the leather) by accidentally stepping on it.  Certainly in this situation, my fat lard of a weight and law of physic + the positioning of the belt buckle while I left it on the floor (vertically instead of flat) is working against me and the result is what we can see up there: a beheaded belt.

With series of unfortunate event happening in such short span time, one will be left bereft wondering when is the daily ordeal going to end. Is there even an end to this.

At this point of time, I could really use a Buddy that rushes out from nowhere just for my rescue or at least, give me a  supportive pat in the back...(Ref Nichijou eps 22. One of the most hilarious scene in Nichijou. A World of Pain!)

...Or at least random guy in orange jumpsuit repelling down from nowhere, delivering some helpful Morning Rescue to me to save my day.

Obviously a random dog rushing to give you a pat in the back after you had encounter a series of unfortunate event or random guys repelling out of nowhere to hand you an energy drink to snap you out of depression doesn't happen in real life so the only thing left one can do is probably pick up whatever that's remaining of one sanity and trying to search for clue that's slightly more cheerful.

Went for Briefing Session by IPS regarding MyBrain15 searching for any bits of information that could've been helpful towards my application if I ever reconsider to apply again for the next cycle. Turns out there is specifically regarding document's softcopies that needs to be uploaded during one's application. A tiny glimmer of hope perhaps? Meanwhile,   KPT's red tape is certainly not making the work for IPS any easier judging from the Q&A session between attendees (both Masters and Phds. Mostly Phds) and the officers. Oh well, at least I got my photocopies of IC certified.

Coming back to the belt and umbrella, introducing two new members of the household: RM15.95 belt from Mydin and RM11.90 Umbrella from Majujaya Minimart. Bought the umbrella on Thursday after almost being trapped outside (I had been spending quite a lot of time outside for breakfast and lunch) by sudden rain. Bought that new belt within an hour after I snapped my previous belt by rushing out to the nearest bus station, board the next coming RapidPenang bus (301) and heads of to Kompleks Bukit Jambul. Discovered that things at Mydin can be quite cheap actually. Looks like I have a second place to do grocery shopping besides Tesco Extra.
Plus, it really wasn't all bad things in the month of March anyway (though most of the good stuff happen during early or mid March) with one particular highlight that's Yet Another Weekend Escape with SISTAHood Featuring The Two VIPs from Down Under namely ZZChuah and AhPheng (10-11 March)! Originally both of them came because of the planned BATI 20th Anniversary Dinner which end up cancelled due to low turnout but still come over to Penang anyway because they already bought tickets and could use some escape from the hectic life of Metropolitan Klang Valley.

First stop of the day (as per ChanPao's suggestion): Lebuh Campbell's roadside Roti Bakar stall for a refreshing kopi and teh peng with kaya toast. Proceed to Penang Road laksa for late lunch.

Move on to Straits Quay to meet up with Ah Ham and then hangs out for quite a while at Starbucks there talking about every little thing on the surface of the earth such as...the importance of family planning. Gosh it's going to be our turn isn't it for the whole companionship, marriage and pregnancy?

A gathering of SISTAHood means more group photo ops. Picturesque reclaimed seaside of Straits Quay looking towards Gurney Drive.

Went for private karaoke lounge for a lil chill out singing and liquour session (no picture obviously because it's dark) before wrapping up the night back at Apple 1 Hotel, one of the newer budget hotel located right across Queensbay. Continued chatting until we lost track of time (4am and we're still WIDE AWAKE).  Woke up the next day rather drained but still satisfied because we got to hang out a lil bit more at Queensbay before sending both of them back at 4:30 and 5pm Aeroline Bus respectively. I miss them already. I wonder when we'll see each other again next time with all of them working and/or have their own life especially those who already have a partner/BF/GF. I feel a little left out now.

Epilogue: Oh crap it's April soon. Please let it be good thing from now on?

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...