Two words to sums up my CNY celebration: SHORT (class starts at 11th of February, which is monday) and LONELY (didn't manage to go out much with my schoolmate plus one day of doin nothing). Here's the full story...
1st day of CNY
I start this year with a little difference cos this is the first time I did not wake up early to watch lion dance in the neighbourhood. Is it because that I am lazy and wanna sleep longer? Or izzit because I did not like the lion dance and the noises of firecracker as I did when I was a kid... I can say one thing though: I am indeed older now. After customary mandarin oranges, sticky rice cake and tea for breakfast, its time to go to my primary school friend's house which by the way, has been the very first house that I visit every year since primary six. He went to Singapore to work as a kitchen attendant in an restaurant. Then the same thing ensues like all these years: keeping each other updated about ourselves(including me musing about his PLKN moment), drinking lots of soft drink(one and a half bottle finished by me and my younger bro) and querying the whereabout of the other friends.(another friend of mine which went to Singapore to work as well, didn't came back to celebrate CNY cos he came back earlier this year for a while while the other friend of mine which is well before the my PTS time spend his holiday in Singapore. Oh well, there goes two houses.) We bid each other farewell when he wanna visit his Sg Tapang friends. Not much worries about that since I do have other plan that day which is going out with Owen, Bei Shan, SanHui and YangLip later in the evening. But still waiting them to come to my house is one heck of a anticipation...
Finally, they came over to my house around late afternoon when I was onlining wearing my USM t-shirt. LOL love USM so much!!!! We chit-chatted and keep all of us updated about each other, shares our point of view about university life(one thing that concerns me though is when Owen said that west Msian chinese treat friends as a stepping stone and not exactly sincere in friendship), musing about the word Aspirasi in our T-shirts and such. But of course there are a few thing that remains the same: our laughter, our sincerity, our openness in expressing ourselves and of course SanHui's constant ditzyness and tendency to overreacting in a humorous way. (and we enjoy making fun of her new shirt which is kinda lowcut and exposing her cleavage lolx) It is always comfortable hanging out with them which I find myself really at ease, which I miss for quite a while. After much talking and such, I quickly changed into my new t-shirt(my elder bro bought it to me, studded with tiny beads to form an image on the t-shirt) and lets go visiting. Next stop: YeeShien's house.
It has been quite a while since the last time I saw YeeShien, which is back in my form six day when she drove her mini over to school to find SanHui they'all. In fact, this is the first time I went to Yee Shien's house. I was kinda surprise when she says that she sold her Austin Mini, citing maintainence and petrol expenditure issues. But that aside, we joke around with YeeShien as well, especially since YeeShien is the sister in arm with the Agu-San(SanHui) comparing their ditzyness and also their style of fashion.(well, YeeShien is a tad bit more modest than Agu-San...in terms of not exposing cleavage ROFL). After chit-chatting and having the famous ly delicious cookies done by YeeShien(heavenly!!!), she invited us over to her aunt house(or izzit Grandma?) which is just one house up the road to watch the lion dance performance. There, YeeShien's family of all ages gather to watch lion dance from her photography loving cousin(or izzit uncle? seriously I am bad with identifying family members!!!) to her aunt which is the twin of her mom! Her cute nieces and nephews are equally amused by the lion dance. Right after that, Beishan bid farewell to us as she has some other things to take care of. What should we do next? In the end, we decide to go for movie, CJ7 by Stephen Chow to be precise. I was kinda surprise that even in the 1st day of CNY, the cineplex is still open and in fact, full house in Star. We settled down with Riverside Cinema for our movie excursion. Luckily for us, the cineplex was not full when we reach there to but tickets and hence we get ourself a good seat, in the middle.
Since it was a 9pm movie, we still got ample amount of time to kill. So we decide to go to tHe Spring, the all new shopping mall featured in my two post before(woohoo!!) Again, I am still surprise that many of the shop there still open and there are many shopper flocking to the mall. After a short stroll, we decided that we will eat out at Sushi King. (double woohoo!!!) I had niku-don(i think), YangLip had Unagi bentou set, Owen had tempura bentou set while the ditzy sisters(YeeShien and SanHui) had tempura and salmon set. Only then I realised that I am in a really tight budget while barely covers the cost of my meal. phew thats close! YangLip complained that the green tea(which is free) look green but taste bland. But who cares anyway as long as its free!!!! We enjoyed our meal thoroughly and we also checked on the main sushi master manning the counter who is a true Japanese. Feel like wanna have a chit-chat with him in Japanese!!! Of course after a meal, we need to pay up and the usual confusion over the bill occurs where we suspected the double counting of the sushi price which causes extra payment of YangLip's side.(he comically rant after that.) Knowing we are short on cash, we went to a bank before we drop by at Owen's grandma house at KMC flats...to gamble!!!!
As soon as we reach his granma's house, CheeSiang joined in(he went to the movie with us as well) to play blackjack while eating cakes and snacks and chit-chatting. Each of us assume the role of house for each round to ensure no one lose too much of money (and our bet is RM1 per round). At first, I was in the winning streak with a couple of BlackJack popping out but as soon as CheeSing came and takeover my seat, I can sense the table had turned towards CheeSiang's favor... Is it because of FengShui thing? LOLX Luckily for me and most of us, we did won a lil bit and the most important thing is we enjoyed each other's company. Still, I dunno why YangLip named me as Albert in the gambling check list. TaukeLip, as comical as ever lolx. Then as soon as the clock hit 8pm, we make our move to Riverside cinema.
As soon as we reached Riverside, the parking was literally packed and it takes us a little while finding carpark. 4 person at the back seat doesn't help much either. After that, we proceed to the cinema in which I was kinda surprise (since it has been quite a while since the last time I came here) that there are many Bumi moviegoers here in this cinema(LOL feel like miniature version of Bukit Jambul here in Penang). At the first glance, the dark red seat within the cinema looks better then the one in Star but further inspection reveals how worn out it is this cinema throughout the years from once premium quality cinema and the carpeted floor was laced with quite an amount of trash. The movie CJ7 itself is ok, family movie I would say with Stephen Chow's humor but nothing spectacular other than that. I was pretty surprise when Owen mentioned that the boy character in the movie was actually a girl. This proves that all boy looks like girls when they are small!!!! ROTFL.
After movie, we decide that we should get ourself a late night supper. After looking at the huge crowd flocking at the now 24-hours Sarawak Plaza KFC, we moved on to McDonald. Again, we chatted during our meal including me ogling at CheeSiang brand new weapon aka camera. LOL I was joking that he will capture all the injustice in the society through camera while he jokingly replied he is afraid of ISA. At the same time, I was bemused by the fact that many of Kuchingite's youngster succumb to garish, kitschy fashion(in a trend similar to Penang) which I despised on. At the same time we also discussed about how to identify a uni student and a local through their fashion, with typical uni student fashion of plain t-shirt, jeans and snickers/sport shoes. I was wondering as well why Mcd over here don't sell Prosperity BEEF burger not to mention our price here are one buck more expensive.
When everything finally ends, its time to go home and we bid each other farewell. First to go off is YangLip, then takes an big excursion to send me home before sending SanHui, YeeShien and CheeSiang home... What a wonderful day it is...and this marks the end of my first day in CNY.
2nd day of CNY
The usual tradition of this day which is paying respect to my deceased grandma is done with a little difference: her plate(or whatever the name that thing is) moved to a new place which the chinese temple which I dunno the English name of it. The usual family gathering and incense burning ensues. After about a couple of hours, all the sibling of the Liew's family decided to go home earlier while my parent stay back to mingle around with relative. My youngest brother who complained about him missing the disney movie because of this family tradition nagged me to download it from internet(which I complied because I can't take his constant, annoying bickers). Then its time for me to get up and goin to another visiting spree, now with UGS-ers. Little did I know that this will end up as a little disappointment for me...
WenQi messaged me about the visiting spree when I was in my movie the day before which I kinda highly anticipated. As soon as my parent came back from visiting relatives, my dad drop me at WenQi's house. Reach there and Tay, Kenny, Joshua and his bro, Ben, and Daniel were there already. WenQi younger brother are still the same gracious albeit slightly annoying (sorry WenRen! lolx) host. He even make sure that all of us have angpao from his parent!!! As soon as Ced arrived, we moved on to the next house, which is Nicole's house. Throughout the trip, Ced was literally glued to Joshua's PSP even way until the end of the whole visiting spree. So much for no technology in UGS gathering. After finishing Nicole's non-halal Australian potato chip, next house will be Samantha's. (first time goin her house woohoo)
Immediately after stepping into her house, I can feel the difference of a rich person's house and a ordinary house. She even have a whole den/activity area all to herself for goodness sake's and not to mention two pedigree pet dog(current number: 3, new addition being a golden retriever). Another thing that make her house different is that they serve food like those in Raya(except this is CNY) lolx. Since Sam has an activity room all to herself, Joshua bring out his weapon which is XBox 360. Immediately, half of the UGS delegation glued at the TV while a few gambles with Sam's mom. Me, Kenny, WenQi, Tay and Daniel however, decided to have a matured conversation, talking about issues and education and personal characteristic(btw I scoured Sam's bookshelf and found myself an interesting book about exploration of innerself) away from the commotion in the Sam's den. Only then, Sam finally came out to join the conversation(not for long though and only offer us cookies and drinks). We continued on the conversation at our dinner table while musing about Kenny's failed crush in KL. And this is also the time where I receive a phone call from Owen, inviting me to go for gambling at CheeSiang's house. I wanna go at first but when I look through my option on transport (in which all of them who drive are quite reluctant to send me back anyway after kicking me around like a ball) I know my chance of going to hangout with Owen they'all are quite slim. The ultimatum is sealed when they wanna go even further to the 3rd house, Jylene's house. Joshua have some other things to do as well so he have to go the separate way from us after Sam's house.
After maneuvering the meandering lorong lapangan terbang near the BDC flyover, we enter a whole new luxurious housing area in which most of the housing unit here is in semi-d. Again, okane-mochi dane kanojyou wa. When we reach there they were almost ready to release the firework and our next minutes is one heck of a noisy one. After listening to Ced being emo because Jylene still treat him as a guest despite not exactly in good term with him, we play a couple of round of charade and also truth or dare. I make Daniel bite Ced's ear(which is like o.5 second only? WTH) and make them listen to the truth about me sleeping naked. But still I am not exactly in mood to do anything anymore by that time probably due to the fact that I can't hang out more with my former form six mate. In the end, Kenny fetch me home around 12 something and I crash to bed directly.
Ok now I have a little confession to make: I still find myself having lesser amount of affinity towards the UGS-ers gang compared to my form six mate. Izzit because of the generation gap (both age and academic year)? Izzit because most of them are known through second degree? Izzit because most of them are very pure bananian(I am almost certain that I am the only one with non bananian origin)? Izzit because most of them came from a well-endowed family who afford to give them luxurious item? Or it is just that I am feeling emo because I can't go out with my first degree friend? I don't like to feel like this as well...
Third day of CNY.
One word: DREADFUL. No outing what so ever and waiting myself to rot at my room. Seriously jealous when my younger brother bring one horde(about 20 ppl) of friend over as well as receiving RM20 within one angpau. (the friend of his has collected about Rm1000+ worth of angpau...how much do I wish I have that much of AngPau). Receiving a prank call in the form of YangLip confessing his love to me as a dare does not help much either cos I catch them in act gathering somewhere playing truth or dare and not inviting me. I was literally in despair and slight anger cos my whole day has been waste just like that and I am gonna go back on the 4th day of CNY(the freakin next day) until I wrote a message of anger on my MSN. SanHui and YangLip both apologetically chatted with me saying that it was an sudden gathering and they forgot to inform me about it. *sigh* sometimes I do wonder why I am the one that is always forgotten. Not enough impression? or just my house is kinda far from them. (I REPEAT, 7TH MILE IS NOT FAR). The day ended with quite of amount of discontent and disappointment...
2. 4th day of CNY aka the day I went back to Penang
Before I start this part, lemme put up some pic spam of my last day at Kuching. Mostly my home.
1st day of CNY
I start this year with a little difference cos this is the first time I did not wake up early to watch lion dance in the neighbourhood. Is it because that I am lazy and wanna sleep longer? Or izzit because I did not like the lion dance and the noises of firecracker as I did when I was a kid... I can say one thing though: I am indeed older now. After customary mandarin oranges, sticky rice cake and tea for breakfast, its time to go to my primary school friend's house which by the way, has been the very first house that I visit every year since primary six. He went to Singapore to work as a kitchen attendant in an restaurant. Then the same thing ensues like all these years: keeping each other updated about ourselves(including me musing about his PLKN moment), drinking lots of soft drink(one and a half bottle finished by me and my younger bro) and querying the whereabout of the other friends.(another friend of mine which went to Singapore to work as well, didn't came back to celebrate CNY cos he came back earlier this year for a while while the other friend of mine which is well before the my PTS time spend his holiday in Singapore. Oh well, there goes two houses.) We bid each other farewell when he wanna visit his Sg Tapang friends. Not much worries about that since I do have other plan that day which is going out with Owen, Bei Shan, SanHui and YangLip later in the evening. But still waiting them to come to my house is one heck of a anticipation...
Finally, they came over to my house around late afternoon when I was onlining wearing my USM t-shirt. LOL love USM so much!!!! We chit-chatted and keep all of us updated about each other, shares our point of view about university life(one thing that concerns me though is when Owen said that west Msian chinese treat friends as a stepping stone and not exactly sincere in friendship), musing about the word Aspirasi in our T-shirts and such. But of course there are a few thing that remains the same: our laughter, our sincerity, our openness in expressing ourselves and of course SanHui's constant ditzyness and tendency to overreacting in a humorous way. (and we enjoy making fun of her new shirt which is kinda lowcut and exposing her cleavage lolx) It is always comfortable hanging out with them which I find myself really at ease, which I miss for quite a while. After much talking and such, I quickly changed into my new t-shirt(my elder bro bought it to me, studded with tiny beads to form an image on the t-shirt) and lets go visiting. Next stop: YeeShien's house.
It has been quite a while since the last time I saw YeeShien, which is back in my form six day when she drove her mini over to school to find SanHui they'all. In fact, this is the first time I went to Yee Shien's house. I was kinda surprise when she says that she sold her Austin Mini, citing maintainence and petrol expenditure issues. But that aside, we joke around with YeeShien as well, especially since YeeShien is the sister in arm with the Agu-San(SanHui) comparing their ditzyness and also their style of fashion.(well, YeeShien is a tad bit more modest than Agu-San...in terms of not exposing cleavage ROFL). After chit-chatting and having the famous ly delicious cookies done by YeeShien(heavenly!!!), she invited us over to her aunt house(or izzit Grandma?) which is just one house up the road to watch the lion dance performance. There, YeeShien's family of all ages gather to watch lion dance from her photography loving cousin(or izzit uncle? seriously I am bad with identifying family members!!!) to her aunt which is the twin of her mom! Her cute nieces and nephews are equally amused by the lion dance. Right after that, Beishan bid farewell to us as she has some other things to take care of. What should we do next? In the end, we decide to go for movie, CJ7 by Stephen Chow to be precise. I was kinda surprise that even in the 1st day of CNY, the cineplex is still open and in fact, full house in Star. We settled down with Riverside Cinema for our movie excursion. Luckily for us, the cineplex was not full when we reach there to but tickets and hence we get ourself a good seat, in the middle.
Since it was a 9pm movie, we still got ample amount of time to kill. So we decide to go to tHe Spring, the all new shopping mall featured in my two post before(woohoo!!) Again, I am still surprise that many of the shop there still open and there are many shopper flocking to the mall. After a short stroll, we decided that we will eat out at Sushi King. (double woohoo!!!) I had niku-don(i think), YangLip had Unagi bentou set, Owen had tempura bentou set while the ditzy sisters(YeeShien and SanHui) had tempura and salmon set. Only then I realised that I am in a really tight budget while barely covers the cost of my meal. phew thats close! YangLip complained that the green tea(which is free) look green but taste bland. But who cares anyway as long as its free!!!! We enjoyed our meal thoroughly and we also checked on the main sushi master manning the counter who is a true Japanese. Feel like wanna have a chit-chat with him in Japanese!!! Of course after a meal, we need to pay up and the usual confusion over the bill occurs where we suspected the double counting of the sushi price which causes extra payment of YangLip's side.(he comically rant after that.) Knowing we are short on cash, we went to a bank before we drop by at Owen's grandma house at KMC flats...to gamble!!!!
As soon as we reach his granma's house, CheeSiang joined in(he went to the movie with us as well) to play blackjack while eating cakes and snacks and chit-chatting. Each of us assume the role of house for each round to ensure no one lose too much of money (and our bet is RM1 per round). At first, I was in the winning streak with a couple of BlackJack popping out but as soon as CheeSing came and takeover my seat, I can sense the table had turned towards CheeSiang's favor... Is it because of FengShui thing? LOLX Luckily for me and most of us, we did won a lil bit and the most important thing is we enjoyed each other's company. Still, I dunno why YangLip named me as Albert in the gambling check list. TaukeLip, as comical as ever lolx. Then as soon as the clock hit 8pm, we make our move to Riverside cinema.
As soon as we reached Riverside, the parking was literally packed and it takes us a little while finding carpark. 4 person at the back seat doesn't help much either. After that, we proceed to the cinema in which I was kinda surprise (since it has been quite a while since the last time I came here) that there are many Bumi moviegoers here in this cinema(LOL feel like miniature version of Bukit Jambul here in Penang). At the first glance, the dark red seat within the cinema looks better then the one in Star but further inspection reveals how worn out it is this cinema throughout the years from once premium quality cinema and the carpeted floor was laced with quite an amount of trash. The movie CJ7 itself is ok, family movie I would say with Stephen Chow's humor but nothing spectacular other than that. I was pretty surprise when Owen mentioned that the boy character in the movie was actually a girl. This proves that all boy looks like girls when they are small!!!! ROTFL.
After movie, we decide that we should get ourself a late night supper. After looking at the huge crowd flocking at the now 24-hours Sarawak Plaza KFC, we moved on to McDonald. Again, we chatted during our meal including me ogling at CheeSiang brand new weapon aka camera. LOL I was joking that he will capture all the injustice in the society through camera while he jokingly replied he is afraid of ISA. At the same time, I was bemused by the fact that many of Kuchingite's youngster succumb to garish, kitschy fashion(in a trend similar to Penang) which I despised on. At the same time we also discussed about how to identify a uni student and a local through their fashion, with typical uni student fashion of plain t-shirt, jeans and snickers/sport shoes. I was wondering as well why Mcd over here don't sell Prosperity BEEF burger not to mention our price here are one buck more expensive.
When everything finally ends, its time to go home and we bid each other farewell. First to go off is YangLip, then takes an big excursion to send me home before sending SanHui, YeeShien and CheeSiang home... What a wonderful day it is...and this marks the end of my first day in CNY.
2nd day of CNY
The usual tradition of this day which is paying respect to my deceased grandma is done with a little difference: her plate(or whatever the name that thing is) moved to a new place which the chinese temple which I dunno the English name of it. The usual family gathering and incense burning ensues. After about a couple of hours, all the sibling of the Liew's family decided to go home earlier while my parent stay back to mingle around with relative. My youngest brother who complained about him missing the disney movie because of this family tradition nagged me to download it from internet(which I complied because I can't take his constant, annoying bickers). Then its time for me to get up and goin to another visiting spree, now with UGS-ers. Little did I know that this will end up as a little disappointment for me...
WenQi messaged me about the visiting spree when I was in my movie the day before which I kinda highly anticipated. As soon as my parent came back from visiting relatives, my dad drop me at WenQi's house. Reach there and Tay, Kenny, Joshua and his bro, Ben, and Daniel were there already. WenQi younger brother are still the same gracious albeit slightly annoying (sorry WenRen! lolx) host. He even make sure that all of us have angpao from his parent!!! As soon as Ced arrived, we moved on to the next house, which is Nicole's house. Throughout the trip, Ced was literally glued to Joshua's PSP even way until the end of the whole visiting spree. So much for no technology in UGS gathering. After finishing Nicole's non-halal Australian potato chip, next house will be Samantha's. (first time goin her house woohoo)
Immediately after stepping into her house, I can feel the difference of a rich person's house and a ordinary house. She even have a whole den/activity area all to herself for goodness sake's and not to mention two pedigree pet dog(current number: 3, new addition being a golden retriever). Another thing that make her house different is that they serve food like those in Raya(except this is CNY) lolx. Since Sam has an activity room all to herself, Joshua bring out his weapon which is XBox 360. Immediately, half of the UGS delegation glued at the TV while a few gambles with Sam's mom. Me, Kenny, WenQi, Tay and Daniel however, decided to have a matured conversation, talking about issues and education and personal characteristic(btw I scoured Sam's bookshelf and found myself an interesting book about exploration of innerself) away from the commotion in the Sam's den. Only then, Sam finally came out to join the conversation(not for long though and only offer us cookies and drinks). We continued on the conversation at our dinner table while musing about Kenny's failed crush in KL. And this is also the time where I receive a phone call from Owen, inviting me to go for gambling at CheeSiang's house. I wanna go at first but when I look through my option on transport (in which all of them who drive are quite reluctant to send me back anyway after kicking me around like a ball) I know my chance of going to hangout with Owen they'all are quite slim. The ultimatum is sealed when they wanna go even further to the 3rd house, Jylene's house. Joshua have some other things to do as well so he have to go the separate way from us after Sam's house.
After maneuvering the meandering lorong lapangan terbang near the BDC flyover, we enter a whole new luxurious housing area in which most of the housing unit here is in semi-d. Again, okane-mochi dane kanojyou wa. When we reach there they were almost ready to release the firework and our next minutes is one heck of a noisy one. After listening to Ced being emo because Jylene still treat him as a guest despite not exactly in good term with him, we play a couple of round of charade and also truth or dare. I make Daniel bite Ced's ear(which is like o.5 second only? WTH) and make them listen to the truth about me sleeping naked. But still I am not exactly in mood to do anything anymore by that time probably due to the fact that I can't hang out more with my former form six mate. In the end, Kenny fetch me home around 12 something and I crash to bed directly.
Ok now I have a little confession to make: I still find myself having lesser amount of affinity towards the UGS-ers gang compared to my form six mate. Izzit because of the generation gap (both age and academic year)? Izzit because most of them are known through second degree? Izzit because most of them are very pure bananian(I am almost certain that I am the only one with non bananian origin)? Izzit because most of them came from a well-endowed family who afford to give them luxurious item? Or it is just that I am feeling emo because I can't go out with my first degree friend? I don't like to feel like this as well...
Third day of CNY.
One word: DREADFUL. No outing what so ever and waiting myself to rot at my room. Seriously jealous when my younger brother bring one horde(about 20 ppl) of friend over as well as receiving RM20 within one angpau. (the friend of his has collected about Rm1000+ worth of angpau...how much do I wish I have that much of AngPau). Receiving a prank call in the form of YangLip confessing his love to me as a dare does not help much either cos I catch them in act gathering somewhere playing truth or dare and not inviting me. I was literally in despair and slight anger cos my whole day has been waste just like that and I am gonna go back on the 4th day of CNY(the freakin next day) until I wrote a message of anger on my MSN. SanHui and YangLip both apologetically chatted with me saying that it was an sudden gathering and they forgot to inform me about it. *sigh* sometimes I do wonder why I am the one that is always forgotten. Not enough impression? or just my house is kinda far from them. (I REPEAT, 7TH MILE IS NOT FAR). The day ended with quite of amount of discontent and disappointment...
2. 4th day of CNY aka the day I went back to Penang
Before I start this part, lemme put up some pic spam of my last day at Kuching. Mostly my home.
I pack a couple more T-shirt(including the bead t-shirt) over to wear...which unfortunately still in my bag right now and unpacked LOLX. Besides that, my mom pack over lots of cakes, cookies, snacks, mandarin oranges and barbequed pork meat(bakkua) for me to bring over the Penang. In fact, I was kinda surprise by the amount that add up in the end prompting me to stop my parent to pack further(still, love my parent so much!!!). Then off I go to the airport!!!! The Penang flight is seriously full of USM student!!!
Checked in smoothly and surprised to see Jessica and PikHan on the same flight with me over to Penang. Both of them did bring a lots of snack back to Penang as well. Then later I saw another friend of mine, ChengPheng and also HueyLan, my coursemate. This proves that many of Kuchingtes studies in USM woohoo!!!! The takeoff was not smooth though due to prevailing rain in Kuching.(in fact, it had been raining at least once a day in everyday during my stay in Kuching. This what makes me miss Kuching most btw) but as soon as we reach the cruising altitude, its smooth flight all the way. In fact, smooth enough for both of us to fell asleep most of the time. (we sit together btw). The descending towards the Penang International was fabulous though, flying pass Butterworth, along the coastal highway of Georgetown, spotting Penang Bridge and also RST, past all the factory at Bayan Lepas all the way down to airport. It was a new landing approach for me so It was amazing.
As soon as we reach the airport, another issue strikes up: how am I gonna go back to USM!!!! Several alternative considered including sharing taxi with the Sarawakian group. In the end though, Jess called Isac to pick her up and she invite me to hitchhike his car. Transportation back to USM: Free of charge!!!!! I posed myself as an extra present to Isac by Jessica which he rejected ROFL. Reaching USM safely around 7, quick bath and rush out again to Istimewa to go online. The Tekun cafe at this time is still eerily quiet which last well for one whole week later. Bump in to Zahirah as well, who is amused of my kerajinan to go online LOLX!!!! About two hours later, back to room to unwind self...
However, the looming fear of assignment and BUDAYA 08 is creeping in even closer and little did I noe my insecurity grows to a bigger proportion...
What happen's next? watch out for future updates!!!!
(ps for those who actually curious, actually I do backtracking to the date to keep the timeline consistent so even though the actual date is 26th of February already, I turn in to 11th of Feb haha.)
Checked in smoothly and surprised to see Jessica and PikHan on the same flight with me over to Penang. Both of them did bring a lots of snack back to Penang as well. Then later I saw another friend of mine, ChengPheng and also HueyLan, my coursemate. This proves that many of Kuchingtes studies in USM woohoo!!!! The takeoff was not smooth though due to prevailing rain in Kuching.(in fact, it had been raining at least once a day in everyday during my stay in Kuching. This what makes me miss Kuching most btw) but as soon as we reach the cruising altitude, its smooth flight all the way. In fact, smooth enough for both of us to fell asleep most of the time. (we sit together btw). The descending towards the Penang International was fabulous though, flying pass Butterworth, along the coastal highway of Georgetown, spotting Penang Bridge and also RST, past all the factory at Bayan Lepas all the way down to airport. It was a new landing approach for me so It was amazing.
As soon as we reach the airport, another issue strikes up: how am I gonna go back to USM!!!! Several alternative considered including sharing taxi with the Sarawakian group. In the end though, Jess called Isac to pick her up and she invite me to hitchhike his car. Transportation back to USM: Free of charge!!!!! I posed myself as an extra present to Isac by Jessica which he rejected ROFL. Reaching USM safely around 7, quick bath and rush out again to Istimewa to go online. The Tekun cafe at this time is still eerily quiet which last well for one whole week later. Bump in to Zahirah as well, who is amused of my kerajinan to go online LOLX!!!! About two hours later, back to room to unwind self...
However, the looming fear of assignment and BUDAYA 08 is creeping in even closer and little did I noe my insecurity grows to a bigger proportion...
What happen's next? watch out for future updates!!!!
(ps for those who actually curious, actually I do backtracking to the date to keep the timeline consistent so even though the actual date is 26th of February already, I turn in to 11th of Feb haha.)
1 comment:
Big house!
Post a Comment