Sunday, 3 February 2008

Smooth flight, surprises and back to Kuching.

With personal computer unoccupied (finally geez), now its my turn to do some bloggin!!! Here comes updates about the day I went home!!!!

-Saturday-
It was a very pleasant morning, with glaring sunshine and blue sky. After onlining for while, I knew its time to for one last packing which is my laptop bag and Pemikiran Kritis note which I borrowed from ShinYen. My red luggage, which *impregnated* the other bag of mine is very full so the notes goes into my laptop bag along with my pencil case. After locking up my closet and leaving my doozing roommate, its time for me to embark on a journey that I never done before: transiting flight!!! But before that, breakfast of course!!!!! Half of the cafe is closed though since most of the tenant is gone already(well, except for visitors who came for Debat Perdana thingy lar) and the usual cafe that I went for breakfast was closed so I went over to the other side of the cafe. Mee goreng at Kak Liza's stall(ya that's the name) was not too shabby but once a chicken is added, it became RM3. *sigh* After breakfast, off to guardhouse to wait for my cousin to pick me up and send me to the airport. I reach guardhouse kinda early(15 minutes to be precised), so I messaged my cousin to come. Had a little chit-chat with the guard and then my cousin came. I think when I messaged him he is still halfway getting himself ready cos he says that I messaged him way too early lolx. Off the airport and smooth traffic all the way~~~

So in compliance with AirAsia's policy, I reached airport two hours earlier and the counter still wasn't ready. I wandered around the airport, checking out flight information and thinking that I wanna drop by the shop to buy some mentos to kill time. RM1.90 for a tube of mentos?! Total turnoff! After half an hour and such, the counters open so I went to the check in area. Then I saw a couple of familiar faces: Sumalin, fellow AIESEC-er going back to Medan, Indonesia and ...(I forgot her name OPPS) from Miri. In fact, she is on the same flight with me to Kuala Lumpur. You can say it is totally coincidence for both of us!!! We didn't board together though cos I waited in line earlier while she sat on the benches comfortably right until the incoming plane from KL pull in to the tarmac. As usual, we need to walk across tarmac to board the AirAsia's A320 (great feeling by the way...true essence of an airport.) and again I choose the seat near the wing, window seat. The take off was incredibly smooth and I can spot my hostel complex from my seat... so I depart from the pearl of orient to Kuala Lumpur. (12:25 noon)

After a smooth and relatively short flight, we landed at KLIA, LCC Terminal 15 minutes AHEAD of the schedule. After baggage claim and meeting up with her again there, we decided that we need to get some food. So of we go to the departure area where McD is situated. It turns out that McD here is at least one buck more expensive that in Penang...and its is jampacked as well. So opt for the other choice which is the cafe opposite of McD. We left our baggage trolley outside of McD and we entered the cafe. The price is still reasonable for airport food and so I ordered a bowl of dry noodle (which I think kinda soggy but you can't complain much since it IS LCC) and coke while she ordered sandwich and hot cocoa. Her flight is on 4pm and check-in counter opens at 2.00 so she opted for that quick meal. The service was quick so we got our food within 10 minutes. The cafe was equally jampacked as well but luckily we manage to spot a two person table and we enjoyed on our meal. As soon as she finish up. she bid farewell to me and of she go to the check in area. Oh well, alone again. After my meal I wandered around the terminal, checking out my check in counter, toilet trips and then stop by at convenience store to buy myself mentos and mineral water. There were event going on in the middle of the terminal (celebrating inaugural flight to Singapore by AirAsia) and there were magicians, clowns and stilt-men performing to the waiting passengers. As my eyes wandered around between the performance on stages (70-ies dance lol) and the crowd, I spot another very familiar face...

It was HongSheng, my former schoolmate ever since Kuching High days up to St. Thomas. (in fact, he was a PTS-ian aka skipping primary 4 just like me and my classmate from form 1 till form 3). He is currently studying Mechatronic Engineering (combining Mechanical and Electronic Engineering?) in UTeMM in Malacca and as shy and soft spoken as always. He came here with his friend and senior and best of all, he is on the very same flight back with me as well. We chit-chatted, keeping each other updated about our university life and of course, obligatory phone number exchange. We even went on board and sit together throughout the flight. Kinda scary though cos it started raining as soon as we boarded the plane and we have to maneuver and brace through the rain cloud. Bumpy start. Luckily as soon as the plane reach cruising altitude, it went smooth all the way. Both of us was tired though so we basically dozed through of flight. When I as awake though I observed throughout the cabin and had came to a conclusion: most of us here are indeed student going back for CNY and I swear I spotted more familiar faces which I can't recall the exact name. And one more thing that I discovered: HongSheng has a habit if peeling off skin when mosquitoes bites...and he has scars all of over he arm. Damn scary and feel painful lar wei!!!! So I was stopping him (to his reluctance) throughout the flight stop peeling his skin. (Don't do it again orr, HongSheng!!!) But one perk came out from this though: I hold his hand. Gently. And ahh, it was a good feeling. (now I sound like a pervert ROFLMAO)

Soon, we are ready for descend to Kuching. We travelled along the coastline near Kuching then over the Sarawak River delta.(spotted my fathers workplace, Sejingkat Power Plant) Finally as the plane descended to the altitude where the all the houses and trees on the ground are clearly visible, I know I am almost home. The plane flown by the runway extension site (what takes them so long anyway??) and with a thud, finally touched down at Kuching International Airport. And another surprises for HongSheng cos another friend of his(which I dunno) is on the same plane back as well. Leaving both of them reminiscing, I proceed smoothly to the baggage reclaim to get my luggage. Since Hong Sheng carry his own luggage, he need not wait at the baggage reclaim and went straight out to meet his family.

As I went out to the arrival area, my family are not in sight so I had to call my mom. Call it to my mom’s phone and I discover that my younger bro went to tHe Spring with his friend. (and he bring along my mom’s phone) Dang, he went there first!!!! My bro asked me to call to dad’s number cos my mom bring my dad’s phone. It turns out that my mom went to pick up my younger bro first only then will come and pick me up. Oh well *sigh* Lets wait for a while… About half and hour later, the very familiar family Kenari pulled in and I was greeted with…


A MIDDLE FINGER FROM MY YOUNGER BRO.


Well, that’s very nice. *insert sarcasm* The ensuing interactions in cars reminded the exact reason why I don’t exactly like their presence around me. But oh well, I guess this is what family means anyway, you hate them but you still love them. First few things that I noticed when I reached home is: there is a new coffee table(made of wood and spanking new), a couple of new iron shelves (my mom pick it up when her pharmacy has no use of it), and my elder brothers(who came back last Wednesday) is chubby… looks like working in an online game company(where gaming will be a routine) left a toll on his body…he isn’t sexy anymore now he is just…oout of proportion ROFLMAO. I even made a little joke out of him using myself as an example cos it is fine for me to be chubby cos that’s my image back then until now but he being chubby is a drastic departure from his old self LOL.

After dinner, bathe, unpacking and doing my mom’s errant that is sending box of mandarin oranges to my uncle’s and aunt’s families, finally the day is almost over. When I decided to go and embrace the long time lover of mine aka the PC…it was occupied by my elder brother who by the way, installed PerfectWorld as soon as he reached home. WTF. When all the siblings are at home, my chance to sit in front of computer for more than 1 hour is totally inpossible. Even the later half of this blogpost need to be done using my laptop (luckily I bring my lappie back) on Microsoft Word and then copy and paste into the posting!!!!

Looks like it’s gonna be quite hard for me to do any long update without being bugged by the groups of brothers of mine…and I HAVEN’T VISITED AARINFANTASY YET!!!!! ARRGH I WANNA NEW YAOI!!!!


-THE END-

I wonder when will be the next update will be… but either way, SOOOOOOO looking forward for CNY!!!!! Just a couple more days, people!!!!

Ps: Finally, my family has a digital camera that we can call our own!!!! I am so gonna have a CNY eve post so look forward for it ya!!!!!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...