My laptop had committed suicide (a.k.a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH). AGAIN.
This is the BSOD. I lost track of how many times I meet this screen already.But this time...it's different.
IT DID NOT RESURRECT AS USUAL WHEN I RESTART IT.
It's says that the computer failed to detect harddisk when I start up again.
I sensed the worst.
With a tiny glimpse of hope, I sent it to the nearest computer service shop that I can find...
The computer guy delivered the verdict. (after I think some really flimsy and quick analysis of the situation...)
The harddisk is DEAD. REALLY DEAD.
It means that everything in the harddisk had gone into thin air just like that.
Within a heartbeat, my brain went blank...speechless...before the sense of despair kicks in...
...and it sinks in way too deep...
In the end, I choose what I think is the quickest way to bring it back alive.
Monetary solution.
After I signed that piece of receipt (RM 230 net), I left the place quickly, brain still scrambled trying to comprehend the whole situation.
My emotion went roller coaster through the rest of the day. And it rained, too.
So, the casualties:
A couple gigs worth of anime music, ranging from Nodame Cantabile OST, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei best collection to the album of Junjou Romantica latest opening.
-Re-downloadable but require some extra searching.
A couple more gig worth of anime series, mainly Minami-Ke (first and second season) and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (first season) and one episode of Bleach.
- Hope that Jeremy didn't delete it yet. Bleach I can always download it at home anyway.
A couple more gigs worth of yaoi, from manga, to drama CD (Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi 1 & 2, Ikoku Irokoi Romantan) to even anime (Ikoku Irokoi Romantan OVA eps 1 and 2, Boku No Pico OVA 1). And ohh, a couple of hentai manga mixed in as well.
- OUCH. This will take time to rebuild. I need to find back where exactly I downloaded the manga for Ikoku Irokoi Romantan...
Various video that I ripp from Youtube out of interest.
- As long as I can get back online, I can rip it again anyway.
All the previous assignment from the last 3 semester.
- I think most of it are available over my pendrive but I have a feeling that I might miss a couple of it. I do have the printed copy of most of it but still it feels different than soft copy...
And softwares for personal uses...
-Arggh this is a total bother. Need to download it and install it again?! *sigh*
But there's one thing that is totally unrecoverable.
ALL MY PHOTO THAT I TOOK THROUGH THE LAST SEMESTER USING MY HANDPHONE.
Memories that dissappeared completely without any chance of retrace it back:
My stint as a PPMS.
BATI Interaction Night.
Performances in Dewan Budaya and Arts School.
Hanging out with frens.
The sightseeing photo.
All the food photo that I ate through the semester.
and many, MANY more random photo which I slowly forgot about it at this moment...
This actually inflict the most damage that I experienced right now. All my memories crystalized (or should I say, digitized) are gone into thin air just because the laptop decided to end its own life for good.
Should I blame myself for not backing all the important stuff up? For not taking enough precaution through all the countless instances of BSOD? For taking a risk of using an overage but otherwise still useful laptop?
MY LIFE IS OFFICIALLY OVER NOW. I AM IN DESPAIR NOW. SOMEONE PLEASE JUST SHOT ME NOW.
ZheRong is currently in despair and hence might not produce a proper blogpost due to the absence of his beloved but kinda old lappie.
Epilogue: To push this further, the limteh plan had been cancelled in the very last minute. And some other stuff which might trigger my trauma reactions happened. AND THIS IS ONLY LIKE THE SECOND DAY OF THE HOLIDAY. THIS. IS. BAD. REALLY BAD. Please pray for my safety and emotional wellbeing, please...I need strength to overcome this series of unfortunate event. WHY BAD THING HAD TO HAPPEN?! JEEZ STOP PLAYING TRICK ON ME!!!!!!! My fragile mind might will shatter and I will break down if this don't stop in time...I need good stuff to happen to me now...please...
IT DID NOT RESURRECT AS USUAL WHEN I RESTART IT.
It's says that the computer failed to detect harddisk when I start up again.
I sensed the worst.
With a tiny glimpse of hope, I sent it to the nearest computer service shop that I can find...
The computer guy delivered the verdict. (after I think some really flimsy and quick analysis of the situation...)
The harddisk is DEAD. REALLY DEAD.
It means that everything in the harddisk had gone into thin air just like that.
Within a heartbeat, my brain went blank...speechless...before the sense of despair kicks in...
...and it sinks in way too deep...
In the end, I choose what I think is the quickest way to bring it back alive.
Monetary solution.
After I signed that piece of receipt (RM 230 net), I left the place quickly, brain still scrambled trying to comprehend the whole situation.
My emotion went roller coaster through the rest of the day. And it rained, too.
So, the casualties:
A couple gigs worth of anime music, ranging from Nodame Cantabile OST, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei best collection to the album of Junjou Romantica latest opening.
-Re-downloadable but require some extra searching.
A couple more gig worth of anime series, mainly Minami-Ke (first and second season) and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (first season) and one episode of Bleach.
- Hope that Jeremy didn't delete it yet. Bleach I can always download it at home anyway.
A couple more gigs worth of yaoi, from manga, to drama CD (Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi 1 & 2, Ikoku Irokoi Romantan) to even anime (Ikoku Irokoi Romantan OVA eps 1 and 2, Boku No Pico OVA 1). And ohh, a couple of hentai manga mixed in as well.
- OUCH. This will take time to rebuild. I need to find back where exactly I downloaded the manga for Ikoku Irokoi Romantan...
Various video that I ripp from Youtube out of interest.
- As long as I can get back online, I can rip it again anyway.
All the previous assignment from the last 3 semester.
- I think most of it are available over my pendrive but I have a feeling that I might miss a couple of it. I do have the printed copy of most of it but still it feels different than soft copy...
And softwares for personal uses...
-Arggh this is a total bother. Need to download it and install it again?! *sigh*
But there's one thing that is totally unrecoverable.
ALL MY PHOTO THAT I TOOK THROUGH THE LAST SEMESTER USING MY HANDPHONE.
Memories that dissappeared completely without any chance of retrace it back:
My stint as a PPMS.
BATI Interaction Night.
Performances in Dewan Budaya and Arts School.
Hanging out with frens.
The sightseeing photo.
All the food photo that I ate through the semester.
and many, MANY more random photo which I slowly forgot about it at this moment...
This actually inflict the most damage that I experienced right now. All my memories crystalized (or should I say, digitized) are gone into thin air just because the laptop decided to end its own life for good.
Should I blame myself for not backing all the important stuff up? For not taking enough precaution through all the countless instances of BSOD? For taking a risk of using an overage but otherwise still useful laptop?
MY LIFE IS OFFICIALLY OVER NOW. I AM IN DESPAIR NOW. SOMEONE PLEASE JUST SHOT ME NOW.
ZheRong is currently in despair and hence might not produce a proper blogpost due to the absence of his beloved but kinda old lappie.
Epilogue: To push this further, the limteh plan had been cancelled in the very last minute. And some other stuff which might trigger my trauma reactions happened. AND THIS IS ONLY LIKE THE SECOND DAY OF THE HOLIDAY. THIS. IS. BAD. REALLY BAD. Please pray for my safety and emotional wellbeing, please...I need strength to overcome this series of unfortunate event. WHY BAD THING HAD TO HAPPEN?! JEEZ STOP PLAYING TRICK ON ME!!!!!!! My fragile mind might will shatter and I will break down if this don't stop in time...I need good stuff to happen to me now...please...
1 comment:
Bro,
I'll pray for you. The pruning process hurts, but you'll survive. Learn from your experience.
Post a Comment