Monday, 9 February 2009

First post in February is a semi filler.

Prologue: It has been quite a while since my previous post. Life has been extremely busy and my inspiration is pretty much sapped dry too...can someone give me ideas about what should I write?

I mentioned before in my previous post about the 5F of Chinese New Year that I know about: Festivity, Firework, Family, Friends and Food. Did you all notice there's one F that I haven't featured much yet? It's Friends. Granted, the mood for CNY this year is definitely on a low due to the fact that it rained almost everyday for that one whole week back in Kuching as well a couple of my friend that didn't come back for CNY hols. And ohh, not to mention those god-forsaken pending assignments that lingers around and stalk behind your back.

But nevertheless, I did have my friends moment for this CNY and it will be guilty of me for not featuring them in my blog. After all, today is the very last day of Chinese New Year already which is Chap Goh Meh (元宵节)and I think its a great time to conclude the CNY posts. *plus I am desperately need to update pon my blog anyway)

Even though I didn't went out much for CNY myself (because it's not safe for a novice driver like me to drive in rain) but thanks to this bunch of friends I didn't feel missed out at all for this CNY. From left: CheeSiang, me, YangLip, SanHui, YeeShien and Owen. Picture taken at YeeShien's house...after 10 different tries! (the other 9 are available on Facebook!) Love you all so much! Cherishing every single moment together! *hugz*


Meanwhile back in Pearl Island's APEx U (aka USM), my lecturer Dr. Goh decided that all of us will have our own CNY celebration as well and we did it one the first day after the midsemester break which is last monday after our HBT206 lecture. And of course, obligatory group photos!

Last but not least though, any CNY post will not complete without this one particular F that I am especially fond of: FOOD! *nomnomnom*

Tart or cupcake whatever thingy (lolx no idea what's the exact name) by YeeShien. Cream with -whatsthename-berry on top.

Another tart or cupcake whatever thingy, this time with meat and cheese.

Brownies while we are gambling. All of the cookies and cake was done by YeeShien herself. いいおやめさんになれるんだよね~~~

This was taken during our 2nd CNY outing, this time to SanHui's house at night. Look at what SanHui's family whipped out for us! Linda, Jacqueline and Cecilia was there as well, but didn't manage to take their picture! (sorry!) I was too enamored with all the food.

Two casserole pan of macaroni and fusili...

...and Hakka specialties: KacangMa! It has been quite a while since the last time that I ate this famous Hakka homecooking.

A shot of vodka/spirit/whatever liquor it is over SzeJia's house. One sip for me and I am already back off. And apparently, SzeJia do read my blog occasionally since he know I am pretty weak and noob with liqour. *you guys should know what happen to me last time* KeaYong (陈主任!), Robin, Steven, HuiYee etc joined in later and its gambling time. *Dang, why the hell I didn't take picture at all?!* I won RM7 from starting cash of RM1 lolx!

YeeSang from CNY celeb back in Penang. Picture courtesy of MingChee. More pic available on Facebook as well.

Just to wrap up this post, I would like to wish a Happy Chap Goh Meh to all, whether you are my family, friends, acquaitance or just random passerby of my blog. And especially to all my friends/coursemates: 頑張ってみんな!!! And we shall persevere through audacity, TOGETHER!

Epilogue: Might respond to a couple of pending tag or even opine about current issues in my future blogpost...provided that I have the time or inspiration to do which is quite lacking right now judging on how current reality goes...

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...