Saturday, 21 February 2009

For the sake of keeping my blog alive: just a couple of pics.

Prologue: Actually I do have a couple of ideas in mind about what should I blog, ranging from my appreciation for tram (and desire to see one in Kuching) and language and issues in translation (Yes Dr, I do think about it) to Sarawak and Sabah's 18&20-point agreement and the recent Elizabeth Wong MP-sleeping-with-open-leg leaked photo hullaballoo (and its not even sexual WTF). But...somehow the mood to blog is not right there, all thanks to assignments and other reality bits. In the end, I have to resort to creating filler post just to keep my blog alive. This, is one of it. MUST GATHER MOOD AND IDEA TO BLOG. (but after taking down all the bits in reality first)

First and foremost, the most amazing thing that happened to me this week: my roommate or rather, EX-roommate as it is now MOVED OUT. In other word, MY ROOM IS ALL MINE!!!! *HAPPEH SPAZZ!!!!* The exact reason of him moving out is unknown and I don't exactly wanted to know anyway but maybe its because of my rather sloppy lifestyle or the silence in room (because I very, VERY rarely talked to him at all. No topic then no need to talk lar) or a radically different sleeping cycle (while I slept around midnight, he sleep at 4. And I am awake by 7 while he is sleeping away, very often till noon) Nevertheless, with this new found freedom of no roommate, I can do whatever I want now!!! MUAHAHA!!!!

I was wondering for quite a while now about why my fan speed seems to be slow even though the dial was at 5. Then one day, my junior (Ah Kok!) suggested that the dust accumulation on the fan can actually slow down the fan's speed. Taking his word, I cleaned up the fanblades (and yes, it is THICK with DUST) and the water that I use to wipe the fan was pitch black lolx. And immediately I can feel the change of the windspeed. LOL Maybe I should be more hardworking in taking care of the cleanliness in my room after all.

IT'S BACK. Munchy's Cheese Cracker in coming back at me!!!! *succumbed to addiction*

I adores the School of Arts' Final Year Project Festival 2008/09 poster. Look at the vibrant colors of the flower motive with eye. This year's theme is Kaleidoscope and the slogan: Merentasi Sempadan Pandang, Beyond Sight. Definitely will not miss it this year.

And ohh, went for steamboat dinner on last Thursday with Lawrence, XinMi, YenPheng SheiHan, Chia Min, SzeSze and SanJing. To celebrate what? Not much because we feel like we wanna eat. Or just to celebrate that we are halfway through this torturing semester lolx. We went to the House of Steamboat which ironically sit right beside Menara UMNO. Anyway, we were cheated by the ever-notorious-for-not-using-meter Penang taxi driver because we are not so sure where exactly is Menara UMNO thus we take the cab after we reach Komtar by bus. Turns out that it's only like 1.5 km away from Komtar and can be reached by walking. How much do we charged? RM 8. After negotiation from the original RM10 fare. Anyway, note taken on the location of House of Steamboat. And that's SzeSze, chowing away dimsum. Look at the pile of food!

And the food goes in the steamboat! Broth/soup available in clear chicken soup or tomyam.

while the steamboat is boiling away, let's grill/barbeque the meat! Just a lil snag though: the flame from the stove occasionally flash out from the underside while it doesn't pose any much danger, it did startled us for a number of times.

The light decoration in front of the premise. Picture taken on the way out. It was RM17.99 per head and all you can eat. Will come back again if there is a chance.

Spotted this quaint little church in the middle of bustling city. Taken while walking along the road, heading to Komtar to take the bus back to USM.

Last but not least though, it finally rained in Penang (for about 3 times throughout last week) even though each time only last about 10-20 minutes and done little to mitigate the ever scorching weather over Penang Island. The downpour was so brief that I dubbed it as pseudo-downpour.

The same view, today taken around noon. This island is cursed with dry spell!!!! Why can't we just drag a couple of storm clouds from Kuching and let it rain here! I wonder when will I can finally see a rain that actually can last for an hour before I shrivelled up and suck dry...

Epilogue: And oh, I HATE HBT 207 - LEXICOLOGY AND TERMINOLOGY. Entries, corpus, wordlist, concordant WTF. Deadline: Next Wednesday. FEEL LIKE DYING ALREADY.

3 comments:

Eli James said...

Hey HOUSE OF STEAMBOAT! I KNOW THAT PLACE!!

I mean seriously, during the judo comp we walked past Menara UMNO so many times. Miss Penang already.

You should have just walked la ... or taken a bus?

LiZaRdboi_88 said...

Because we are not so sure the exact location of House of Steamboat besides that it sits right beside Menara UMNO. And of us are dumb in directions (lolx) and the meandering streets in Penang didn't help at all.
Didn't know that it was like, a turn then 1.5 km or something down the road. We drop off at KOMTAR because KOMTAR is the junction to all places.

And Menara UMNO wasn't that big after all. Maybe architecture makes it more prominent rather it's size.

Anonymous said...

I love penang!!! Must go there again in really near future, hopefully in march. hiakz anyway talking about tram, heard that malacca is getting tram... well haha i sure hope see kuching gets one! nice steamboat ay~ hey we should go try steamboat in kuching when we are back there.

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...