Friday, 6 March 2009

Because I wanna take a break from everything: random updates in lifes.

Prologue: Assignment and responsibility in overdrive. ZOMG It's caving in!!!! *Crushed*

As per title, just another filler picture post with random updates in life.

ADWAVE is back! ADWAVE which is the acronym for AwarD Winning AdVertisement Exhibition is the final year project for Persuasive Communication final year student. Basically exhibition with festival and whatnot. This years theme: awakening minds.

...and of course when there is a festival, there's gonna be media involved. They invited 丽的98.8 roadshow team over here to basically...make noise and crowd. This was taken on Monday 2/3 after their opening ceremony.

The exhibition and stalls and such are at the DTSP foyer. *Ooo...look at the green balloon* The exhibition is nice (and ohh, bumped into our TNC, Prof Omar looking at the exhibition after officiating the ceremony) and such but all the other promo stalls doesn't interest me at all...

Except for Breadhistory~~~ Ohh the sweet scent of bun fresh from the oven...

*nomnomnom* Forgot what bun is this though lol.

All the adverts showcased in the exhibition are very interesting but this one catches my eye the most. Do you know what's this ad about. Clue: see the bolded word on the last sentence.

Barisan
yang sentiasa sepadu menyanyikan lagu-lagu Nasional.


Yes, it's BN campaign ad, commisioned by Ogilvy...dunno what's the name. Usual political apeshit aside, (we all know that all of them are hopeless and of negligable worth) I love the calligraphy (especially the title) and dried ink on paper effect. The theme with the imagery and comparison of music and rhythm are quite moving as well...if we ignore all the political subtones in it. One question arised though: where do they get the money to actually commision a professional ad agency for their election campaign. Despite their vigorous (and in my opinion, very modern looking campaign despite some of them which transmit the wrong message.) attempt, their result is as we can see clearly, dismal. Oh well, at least we get good ad.

------------------------------------------

Attended USM Student Exchange Programme interview with 5 other coursemates of mine, namely SzeSze, MinMin, MingChee, ChiaMin and Tse Sieng and 4 other BATI 1st year junior. Theepha went in later. Apparently almosts all applicant from School of Humanities are from BATI! And that reflects our outlook and desire to go afar. Anyway due to scheduling problem and such (besides having presentation in tutorial for me, MingChee and TzeSieng), all of us had to be interviewed in oneshot hence the exchange of question are rapid and brief (which I am not exactly satisfied). Anyway, the board of interviewer were none other than our TNC(HEPP) Prof Omar and other senior professors and dean in which one of them is the Dean of School of Humanities Prof Datuk Abu Talib *yikes*. Usual question asked (involvement in university activity, why the choice, family background blah blah blah) but due to the rushed nature of our interview, all of us (including the board of interviewer) were scrambling around and the paper were all around the conference desk. What's my chance of getting an offer: will be facing competition since all my 3 choices are among the most popular (University of Victoria, BC, Canada, Australia National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia and last but not least University of Hong Kong. Slightly regretted why I didn't put down Japan's universities but nevermind then). What's my odd of getting a full scholarship: Positive. After all, I am a son of retired airforce technician and pembantu farmasi. Right after the interview, all six of us were basically flying down the Chacellor's Hill to our tutorial *Big thanks to MinMin for a ride in her Viva. Totally drained when I reached my tutorial and this affects my presentation. But then again, I always spoke that fast. And ohhh, the pic wasn't exactly relevant other than being taken from Chancellor's Hill looking towards the Penang Strait on the interview day itself.

Will be attending another interview in the coming week: PPMS interview. Yes I applied again and if I get it I can just continue directly with the PPMS training right after doing research with Dr. Goh. I am staying back in USM for this hols. Wonder what will they ask during the interview...

------------------------------------------

Random pic time: Last week there's have been scaffolding building up along the pathway leading up to RST hils. This was taken during a couple of days ago.

...and this was taken yesterday. Are they building a shade for the pathway? The structure didn't look permanent and it only covers halfway along the hills. Wonder whats the purpose of it...

Kitteh in my block, nom-ing leftovers.

--------------------------------------------------

So many thing to be done yet so little time. Featured here is HBT206 editing assignment and HBT207 presentation material. What's more: HBT214 Transcription and Translation, HBT203 Translation, and couple more in which there is still some amount of time before deadline. Add in some other...random stuff and the stress level switched to overdrive. Can I even survive through this month before everything ends?

Seriously, why can't reality just LEAVE ME ALONE?! It always creeps up on whenever whenever you least expected and at some points it's so aggravating to the point that I just wanna do this. *warning: vulgar hand gesture ahead*


NAH. Screw you reality. I am going to hibernate.

Epilogue: Will there be good thing happening this week for me? Certainly hope so cos I might have a guest from afar to come over to visit me Pearl Island. *giddy to meet him*

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...