Sunday, 3 May 2009

El blogpost primero en mayo...

...and it's going to be short! Still haven't collected much inspiration and idea to blog about something that is actually meaningful. And even if I wanna blog something that is long, I need a plug point (2 hours of laptop battery life is definitely not enough to produce a really long and meaning blogpost) as well as a stable connection.. (a connection that is stable enough to let me finish a post as well as upload photo)

...in which both of them are unavailable for the moment. Now I am at McDonald for dinner as well as onlining because for some odd reason, the ever crappy USMhotspot won't let me connect to internet the whole day, forcing me to go out of campus in search for the a internet connection. Heck, even in DK foyer I can't even connect to it. Is USMhotspot having maintainence or it is my lappie that have problem.

I am now over at McDonald for NOMNOMNOM and online as well! All hail free Coke! *burp*

Just for the short update today, here's a quick look of what happened recently:

1. I moved to my temporary home at Bakti Permai for this holiday today. And I made it by foot from Tekun to Bakti...for 2 round because of too many luggage! To add in the challenge, it was raining the whole day from morning until now with intermittent stop here and then. My first round of luggage run consist of my red back, my laptop bag and a huge plastic bag filled with random stuff such as pillow and mattress and Biscuit can. The 2nd round however was a total pain: my huge roller bag (thank god for the invention of roller bag) and my PSDC bag filled with my dictionary and research work and other random documents and such. I went to Bakti a lil bit early during my first round (no thanks to the misleading notice which says Bakti office opens at 12 noon...while in fact they open at 2pm). Sit around Bakti cafe for one hour watching the Taiwanese varieties show I took from SzeSze. (after the connection fails me...) They put us in the famous Bakti Hilton, the tallest hostel building in USM (minus RST lar, of course) and my room is on the 6th floor. The room itself is very breezy and clean not to mention cheap for its value and view so no complaint about it. Though, I would have prefer to stay in the newly renovated two floor lowrise but the fees would have been on par with RST. (the previous tenant cleaned up the room before she left. Oh yeah, Bakti Hilton was a girl's block but only for this holiday, it turned into a guy block.) Down side: the lift is claustrophobically small and old, the bathroom is smaller than what I had in RST (big butt, big belly mah!) and there is no water cooler machine over my floor. The other floor had water heater machine which only dispenses of course, hot water. If I need to get fresh water, I need to go down all the way to the water machine down at cafe with shillings. And where's the washing machine anyway? Let's see how this one month plus gonna turn out, and luckily can choose roommate for this so I chose my friend from other course to stay with me! No more ankward situation with unknown/undesired roommate, something which I am not exactly fond about especially for this one whole year...

2. The research work for Dr Goh regarding translation of Chinese proverbs into BM started officially (aka the first day the money comes in) on the 1st of May (lol Labour day!). The progress for me unfortunately had been a lilbit slow. Until today, I am only halfway through keying the first row of the data, which is the Malay proverb. I can't imagine how long will I take to key in the chinese proverb part of the data and the analysis of translation strategies for 1000+ idiom is gonna even hellish...need to gather determination ASAP!

3. And there is much more random stuff! I haven't filled in my UVic student exchange application form, and I haven't passed up the borang sekretariat for BATI club to HEPP!!! Why there is so many random stuff to do for this holiday?! Arrgh!!!

That's all for now. Expect more and hopefully meaningful updates in future...lets see how boredom gonna force me to expand my brainworks for this one and half month...

Epilogue: Meanwhile, my inspiration to blog about my 2nd year 2nd sem final exam is slowly diminishing especially since I throw all my exam papers along with lectures notes and textbook etc into the boxes and dumped it over to Tekun storeroom. Without the actual material as a catalyst, brain juice might not flow and my memory will fade...lemme think about something else to blog about...

ps: TAUKELIP is coming over to USM MAIN CAMPUS for his internship!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...