Sunday, 5 July 2009

Face mask looks like...

Prologue: This post was started on 5th of July and finishes in 6th. lol Last minute phototaking was crazy indeed. And USMFailspot is not making it easier to upload photo. Finally uploaded after a couple of attempt.

...looks like panties. (Grade N95, btw.) Mom grab a couple of it from her hospital for me to bring it over to Penang.


Yeah, I will be flying back to Pearl Island tonight and class will starts tomorrow...and already we need to wear formal because it's interpretation class. I lost my umbrella at home and there are confirmed swine flu cases in USM.

12 confirmed cases after attending a pharmacy conference including 5 local transmission. Uh Oh.

And so for my own security and health, I decided to wear the panty-mask. Now, I looked like a duck. *Quack*

-----------------------------------------

Just a quick run through about my last day in Kuching + a lil my first day in Penang for the next three months.

Mom cooked a faux western breakfast for us.

And only mom can cooked the perfect sunnyside up with the golden and glistening egg yoke intact. Egg yoke is the essence of the egg!

---------------------------------------------

As for teatime (because today's Sunday), mom made waffles with her brand new waffles toaster.

Waffles, freshly from the toaster.

Spread one side with Kaya, stack it together and cut it into smaller pieces and voila! A simple but scrumptious waffle nicely done.

--------------------------------------------

Introducing the all famous 7th mile 3 layered Teh-C-Peng at 鲜鲜! A clear layers of tea, creamer and gula melaka appeals to the eyes.

But of course you need to stir it up before drinking it. Nevertheless, what makes this teh-c-peng standout from all other competitor other than being the original one is that the flavour it rich and sweet without being too overbearing. Every sip represent the perfect craftsmanship (lmao bombastic word) and made of heavenly perfection.

Yesterday's Teh-c-peng was my last glass of teh-c-peng before I head over to Penang. As for Taukelip however, it was his first glass of teh-c-peng for around 1 month plus because he spend his industrial training over here in Penang. And since 7th mile is basically my home (and 鲜鲜 is basically behind my house), he jior me out for teh-c-peng and he treated me as well. Thanks, tauke. It was quite meaningful to me.

--------------------------------

My last dinner at home for the next 3 months. Dad decided to treat us KFC.

As usual for any hardcore Kuchingite, tapao-ing kolo mee over as supper is a total must. Tapao-ed 5 packs of kolo mee in which Theepha and XiangYi took 2. I ate as as my supper but Ben didn't ate his because he is still feeling a bit full. So left 2 packs. When I woke up this morning, it had gone bad and had to be thrown away (FML). This is what happen if you don't have a refridgerator.
-------------------------------

*sigh* Seeing all these tidbits of my life back home makes me miss home already.

Me and my youngest brother, taken when I was onlining using home's PC. I missed my home's Stremyx now.

Right now, I am blogging in my room in front of my trusty lappie around 6 am in the morning. Dang, I miss the sun that rises half and hour earlier in Kuching already. And ooh just a lilbit of info about my current roommate. I am staying on the 8th floor which is good because less mosquito and quite breezy. Downside: USMhotspot is still spotty as ever (in fact when it DC, it need a couple attempts as well as patience to reconncect again) and the water in the shower/bathroom is like a trickle. Water pressure not enough on higher floor?! And ohh about my position in room, I was given the B side which is the opposite side that I usually slept for my old rooms. So it's kinda disorienting that you wake up at the opposite site of bed instead of the usual one that you had before. In fact, I almost fall off from my bed when I woke up and suffered a leg cramp in the process. Ouchie.

I guess that's all for now. Need to get ready to face the hectic new semester. Need to go around like mad again settling stuff.

Epilogue: Arrrgh the crease on my formal shirt won't go off!!!!! I don't want my shirt to look like kiamchai when I enter the interpretation lab as well as when I drop by to see the junior!!!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...