Saturday, 4 July 2009

A plain cake...

Prologue: Memory FAIL. For a couple of months (cos the flight was booked earlier this year) I thought that I will be flying back to Penang on July 4 (Saturday) to start my 3rd and final year in university and I spent certain amount of time thinking about what I should do to make my transition smooth (What I call "soft-landing". Got the concept from SZS.) by spending one whole Sunday settling down, unpack and unwind. Just got a refresher *and SHOCKER* of memory by checking the printed itineraries at home: (my mom is very efficient in keeping record and stuff so she printed it out right after booking) my flight is on SUNDAY 5 July at 8:15pm. What does it means? I cannot check into my room and unpack and get all my stuff ready before Monday when the class starts. In fact, I might even need to spend a night in the cafe on Sunday night cos I don't have a bed to sleep in. All the mental preparation gone to dust and I am very much panicking right now. Had to find someone to let me bunk in their room. The shit will never ends, just like how I lost my storeroom punya ticket to reclaim my luggage. OHH FML. Seriously, FML.

...from my ever talented, always-cook-something-whenever-he-is-hungry younger bro with his ever expanding nickname, B.O.B. Omega Tate Zachary Efron Zince Liew YH. (he prefer to be called Tate.) For some reason today, he wanted to try to bake a cake so after grabbing my mom's cake recipe book and a quick shopping trip to H&L to get the butter, let the cake-making commence! He choose a very simple cake to start off with which is the plain cake.

My mom wrote her recipe in an old government almanac/diary hence the 999 over there. Featured here is the baking weighing scale.

Let the mixing begin! First, mix the butter (two stick of butter) and sugar. lol because my brother didn't wait for the butter to soften by room temperature, it was kinda hard to mix it together without getting it clumped up in beaters.

But it was easier to mix after adding in the rest of material which is 4 eggs, flour and baking powder. All of it was churned up into a fine looking batter. Looks pretty good already.

The batter was poured into the baking tray and off into the over it goes for 30 something minutes.

Voila! The final product! The surface might looked a little charred but it was finely baked inside!

And as soon as it cooled down, it was quickly carved by the rest of the family. A plain cake, finely done by my younger bro.

If you are wondering about my involvement in this cake making other than taking pictures, I do help in break the egg and poured in the rest of the ingredient (egg, flour and baking powder) while he do the blending. lolx looks like our breakfast is settled!

Epilogue: Going home on Sunday also means that I have more time here in Kuching. But I doubt I can do much hanging out with fren since most of them went back to Peninsula already. *sigh* Oh well, at least Taukelip is coming back!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...