*Edit: It is either someone has been acting like a fucking spy telling on me, or Dr. Hasuria is a fan of my blog. If it is the former, DON’T LET ME FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE COS I WILL VANQUISH YOU FUCKING LEECH. Latter: Hello Dr! Feel free to become my fan! If you have an blogger account, feel free to click “follow” at the Fan widget at my sidebar. Oh, a few more edit down there.
Prologue: OMG it has been quite while since the last time I updated my blog! It’s already covered in cobwebs! And look! This academic semester is finally coming to an end!!!! Just one more HBT213 report and its done! But somehow though, I wasn’t exactly happy about it. Here is why.
Thursday (22/10/09), Makmal Bahasa 2, PPBLT. 6:45pm.
It was a replacement class/final test for LHP455 English Pronunciation (which btw, quite hard) and I was somewhat happily (because its finally over.) packing and lugging my bagS, XiangYi received a frantic call and with obviously shocked expression, she deliver the message…
“The list for next semester’s Final Year Project is out already at Dr. Hasuria’s office. And three groups are already full.”
My immediate reaction:
SHIT.
…and I said it out loud until Mdm. Florence and Mdm Toh heard me. Mdm Florence: “Oh ZHE RONG!.” Me: “NO! IT’S NOT ABOUT THE EXAM! IT’S SOMETHING ELSE!” *wave hand frantically like an idiot*. So embarrassing!
Anyway, everyone of my coursemate from my LHP455 group rushed all the way down from Pusat Bahasa to Dr. Hasuria’s office, hoping to scrape anything left and braced for the worst. While I was running down the hill, I received a call from AhBui and I replied that I am on my way. When my end my call, there was 6 misscall from AhBui. Oh dear, nasty thing was brewing over there. When we reached the office, a small crowd consisted of everyone from LHP455 replacement classed was formed in front of the door and the exact situation was indeed as we feared of.
Two groups (aka those popular one), Audiovisual Text supervised by Dr. Hasuria and Advertisement supervised by Dr. Aniswal was full while Business Text supervised by Dr. Goh was half full. *Dr. Goh, I thought you were 99.9% certain that you will not see us in the coming semester. Well, 0.1% happened. LMAO.* Two remaining groups (aka the less popular one): Academic Text supervised by Dr. Haslina and Popular Text (Self-motivation/development) supervised by Dr. Wan Rose Eliza remained empty.
So, those of us who went for LHP455 replacement class today had no choice but to be at the back of all lists.
UNBELIEVABLY WTF.
I wanted to do Audiovisual Text (Subtitling) because of what I initially plan for my master, to gain some experience and technical details about subtitling. Unfortunately however, I can hear the sound of that plan break into zillion pieces since things turn out to be like this. I had to think out a second choice on site and…Hello, Dr. Haslina. Nice to be working with you. And look! My group has the smallest number of people signing up! I wonder what academic book that had been installed for us. *and ohh, Matrix num and personal phone num was shopped out with respect of personal privacy.*
The full sign up papers. So my fellow readers (especially those who is in the same situation as I do) who bothered to click all 3 pictures, try and observe the position of names and who wrote down first. Did you see a pattern emerging? These list was somehow reeking in nasty foul play…
To be frank, I (as well as those in the same shoe as I do) was taken by surprise by how nasty this turn of event is. All of us were informed by Dr. A (which she passed the message from Dr. Hasuria) that the list for FYP will be out on Friday. By the virtue of the word “Friday”, it implies that the list will be out on the next day probably 8am when Dr. Hasuria came for work. What we totally didn’t expect is the list was up on her door TODAY, THURSDAY, probably when she head back home after work at 5pm. In a sense, we feel very cheated and oh so many conspiracy theories are popping out now in our ever actively conspiring mind. Here a few that first come to mind:
- Certain people really hangs around/lives outside/inside Dr. Hasuria’s room 24/7. So they will be the first to know if there’s anything.
- Connection, network, cliques, favours and sometimes, BOOTLICKING are indeed very important for securing personal benefits. It’s human nature to cover their own butt as well as their closest kin first. And if just so happen that you are an outsider, you can immediate feel it in the air and prepare yourself to bite the dust.
- Competition can really make people to do anything to win. Including nasty foul play. OH, shit of REALITY. Because real world is just like that. Where’s divine punishment when you needed it?
- Other conspiracy theories yada yada yada.
*Edit: Dr. Hasuria approached me and…ALL THREE THEORIES CONFIRMED ESPECIALLY THE LEECHES WHO HANGS AROUND/LIVES OUTSIDE/INSIDE OF DR HASURIA’S ROOM. Dr, those who were on top of the list had unfair advantage against us because WE WERE IN OUR REPLACEMENT CLASS. In fact, there was no competition at all! There is no proper early bird challenge! So, Dr, for those of us who signed up late (and not because we wake up late/slow), we should shut up and accept our shitty twist of fate that we had an extra class and we lose out to people who don’t have extra class. Hmm?
I bet some people are Schadenfreude-ing at our misfortune right now. My PERSONAL warning for those Schadenfreude-ing people:
FXXK YOUR UNFAIR ADVANTAGES. I WILL DESTROY EVERYONE OF YOU.
If there is anyone of you here who feel offended by this post, here a penny of thought for you: See the red X button on the right hand side of your internet browser? Click on it now and go Fxxk YOUR MISERABLE SELF SOMEWHERE ELSE. Don’t ever try to confront me about it as you might trigger psychotic reaction from me. And if you ever try to sabotage me to make yourself look good, I will VANQUISH you PHYSICALLY. Siapa yang termakan cili padi, siapa yang akan terasa pedasnya.
You had been warned.
Epilogue: Personally though, I definitely don’t mind working under Dr. Haslina or her topic on Academic Text. In fact, it has been a while since the last time I had any assignment/work with her since first year and I somewhat looking forward to it. It’s just that you can’t really help to think that it was not a fair competition and that certain people had unfair advatages over us as those who were in the replacement class earlier was clearly in the dark about this. Even if I wasn’t in the replacement class and I did managed to make it in time, I am still gonna be shocked due to the how misleading the statement “Up on Friday” was. If any party who felt that my speculation is unjustified, go ahead. Whatever. I am just writing what I observed and I think here.
*peering* over the blog drafts. Ohh goody, three drafts and all RANTS. This itself is quite a spectacle to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment