First and foremost: a BIG shoutout to Team Jeune of SMK Kuching High!
Yesterday (4/10) was Mid-Autumn Festival (中秋节,Pesta Pertengahan Luruh/ZhongQiu. For the BM one, I will stick to Pesta Pertengahan *Musim* Luruh.) for Chinese across the world. Typical way of celebrating it is to spend time with your loves one (Family and friend) talking about everything, reminiscing and adoring the legends and beauty of the moon while enjoying mooncake and green tea in your lawn/balcony/outside your house. And another highlight of Mid-Autumn Festival (especially for the kids), is to lit up your lantern and walk around the neighbourhood in group...with some of it ends up in dust being burn down by the candle fire. Typical event that will happen if the traditional lantern lit with candle is used. Ahh childhood memories. Though didn't see much of it this few years. Is it a sign of the loss of childhood?
First lantern of the week: distributed by KaiSheng during our HBT213 Class Raya Celebration. Besides that, he also distributed fliers explaining the origin of Mid-Autumn Festival (for non-Chinese) and a prose and its explanation (for Chinese). Good gesture indeed.
Lantern of the week no:2 - The mid-autumn festival get-together over LeeAhBui's UCare communion. By the way, I didn't realized that the get-together is LeeAhBui's Communion until I was there in person. I was invited by ChibiChiaMin while she in turn was invited by her mainlanders friend over there. To be frank, I do have the feeling of being swindled into this kind situation because I will be feeling awkward and totally out of place either due to being un-informed of the purpose of the event or relating to Christian Communion, my existence is totally blasphemous considering my nature and character compared to all those ever holier than thou, passionately god-believing and church-going Christians. Call me anti-social or anti-religious or whatever, but I just don't like being uninformed and being totally out of place. OK, back to the mainstory. So anyway, I was pretty relieved that there are familiar faces over there so I can at least be at ease for just a little. Ice-breaking activities and all the gospel singing aside,(All Christian Communion seems to enjoy that and having someone who can play guitar is a total must.) the food was not bad and everyone is having a good time.
My lantern with ChiaMin's.
And at least we got to enjoy lamb barbeque right from the stick! *Nomnomnom*
Malam yang diterangi dengan bulan purnama yang indah nian dan syahdu. This pic were actually taken at Saturday (3/10) 3am in the morning. (?!) Why am I still awake early in the morning anyway? *wink at the Sistahs* I believe you all can guess correctly...
Epilogue: All the cartoon on the TV right above my head is tempting me to watch it...but it's breaking my neck by constantly look up at the TV. And crap still got a few more assignments to go...final hurdle coming and its going to be hard!!!!
1 comment:
hahaha..rupa2nya pergi makan percuma....
Post a Comment