Friday, 23 April 2010

Wee I changed my blog layout for once!

Prologue: Boredom had turned every single routine that I do into a torturous ordeal. Even onlining. I guess I had too much of onlining. My mind is entering stasis really soon! 

It has been quite a LOOOONNNNGGG time since I actually bothered with the rather drab old layout of my blog. But today for some reason (boredom I guess), I am feeling quite adventurous and decided to tryout Blogger’s new Template Designer made available in their Beta Dashboard. (Details of it are available here, the developer’s blog for Blogger in Draft. Despite being user-friendly and currently leading blog hosting website, one particular downside of Blogger is its relatively limited and drab default template designs (And Wordpress wins out in default template design) and anyone who wants flashier layout will have to search on 3rd party developer’s website, grab the html manually and integrate it into the html editor in the dashboard (which unfortunately seems to be an arduous task for a computer pea brain like me.) But now with the implementation of the new Template Designer, the user-friendliness is upped a few notches. Being in Draft means there might be a few kinks and bugs to work out but I am really anticipating it to go out of BETA and implement it as a standard feature. For those people who wants to experience it now (and has an Blogger/Google account), just hop on to Blogger in Draft and try it first hand! And to show how much my blog’s image has been updated, here’s a comparison my blog of before and after.

window live writer 2  My old blog template (as shown by Window Live Writer), dark blue all over. Drab and gloomy.

wee i changed my blog layout Hidden Closet, now updated and REFRESHED. Freshness up to 200%

Epilogue: Time goes by so slowly…and I better start writing my research proposal soon! It’s almost May already!

1 comment:

Eli James said...

Looking really good, Zhe Rong! =)

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...