Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Changing times are upon us…

Prologue: Less than two weeks before I am going to head home and call it a day for my 3 years of undergraduate life in my beloved UniSains. Do I miss anything that needs to be done before I bid farewell to my undergraduate life? What about preparing for my future then? Am I prepared enough to face the uncertainties of future? All these important life questions are circling in my head right now. *sigh* Junction of life. But before that, there are more pressing “real-life” issues that need to be taken care of first in relation to the end of my undergraduate life: HOW AM I GONNA PACK ALL THE JUNKS THAT I COLLECTED FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS! *faint*

P4143487 It’s those time again whenever the end of each semester approaches: Pos Malaysia in cooperation with the MPP, MPD and Persatuan Anak Anak Negeri provides courier and cargo service for student who wishes to sent back their luggages, boxes of stuff as well as motorcycle back to their hometown with pick up points in USM listed on the banner as well. Usually it will be a very busy affair with students lugging down their boxes and loading it Pos Malaysia trucks to sent it back home. I think it’s a good thing that Pos Malaysia has given cooperation for USM every semester to provide such service directly but then again, I think Pos Malaysia is earning loads of money too from this kind of event. Win-win situation I guess. As for me, I don’t really need to sent my stuff home since my cousin works in Penang so I can just dump all my stuff over to his home. The only problem is sending it to his home: his car is the tiny two-seater Smart Fortwo! Unbelievable! Hmm, need to find someone who can drive me to sent it over to his home…

P4203506BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU! Security cameras has been sprucing up here and there around campus. This one is set up at a lamp post right beside my hostel’s cafe looking towards the motorcycle parking and the traffic heading downhill (the camera on the right) as well as motorcycle traffic coming from connecting pedestrian/motorcycle bridge. 

P4223520This one is right across CIMB USM branch overlooking the traffic heading uphill (while I am on my way walking uphill to visit Muzium dan Galeri Tuanku Fauziah, USM’s very own museum and art gallery! Go and check out my Facebook profile for more photos!). I guess the APEX stimulus package enables USM to do almost any form of upgrade including more security cameras in campus. Is this heightened sense of security for the campus citizen or an increase encroachment of personal privacy? Whatever it is, I would say KANTOI for those couple who wish to be a lil more…intimate in shows of affection towards their lover because everything will end up in camera!

P4223519More new things popping out around other places in USM too, like these gazebo/garden chair and table with umbrella for lawn-thingy at the central courtyard of Dewan Budaya/Student Activity Centre complex right outside PETAS (Pelajar Tanpa Asrama) Liaison Office. I doubt that anyone will use it though.

P4193504But the one thing that I anticipate the most from all the new things around USM is the (very large) extension of Purpustakaan Hamzah Sendut I (USM’s main library), finally with a grand entrance in which a car can stop right in front of it and complete with an area with wooden platform there and a wireless modem (it’s there in the photo if you squint) for a lil al fresco studying. Though sometimes I do think that the tropical climate of Malaysia with heavy rains and sun shine and all is not exactly suitable for anything al fresco. But nevermind about PHS I USM! Can’t wait to use it next semester when I am back for my Master! 

P4203508But of course, when the new things come, the old have to go: the photocopy shop located under PHS1 has changed operators. Despite the nasty experience of pendrive infected by their virus-infested computer while printing assignment, I can’t help but missing it. After all, this is the place I frequented to photocopy and print my assignment and such especially after a last minute rush of assignment due to its centralized location in campus which is close to the lecturer’s office. When I came over last week to photocopy documents, I was kinda shocked with the empty shell of an photocopy place with only two photocopy machine running. Then the very chatty owner of the photocopy shop (I presume) remarked: “You look stressed! Relax!” Then I chuckle. Oh well, when old things go, new things will come in its place. Hope the photocopy shop will be up and running completely when the next semester starts, with more photocopy machines and (hopefully) CLEAN computer station for printing. Or maybe I should get myself a printer next semester especially when printers is dirt cheap these days.

P4153500And talking about changing times, I changed my dietary plan for breakfast: instead of Teh Panas and Roti Bom (basically just…dough with sugar and condensed milk in it. Bomm straight towards your artery!) which I diligently followed for about a month plus every time I dropped by at Istimewa, I started having Milo and Kaya toast for my B&O over Istimewa since last two weeks! It tastes equally fine when compared to upmarket kopitiam-nish outlet like roti bakar at an affordable price. This is also a small step forward for me to embrace healthier dietary lifestyle!

P4233654OK I lied. Sometimes I ordered two set because one set is not enough. Diet going to FAIL.

P4283657Last but not least, it’s time to face the reality and get myself ready for more challenging and rapidly changing times ahead which is pursuing Master degree specifically MA (Translation Studies). The only thing left is to fill up the form. To tell the truth, I am feeling quite anxious when filling up the form. I don’t wanna screw it up and I want the application process to went smoothly so that I can come back for Master by next semester. All the prerequisite documents are pretty much ready. I just need to get my nerve straight and fill in the rest. *slap slap* wake up ZheRong, wake up!

Epilogue: Just less than two weeks left before curtain falls for my undergraduate life. Is there anything left I can do, things that I need to cherish before all of us went out separate ways? And what I am going to do for two idle months at home (presumably if everything about my Master’s application went smooth)? Is it time to lose weight? or I am gonna succumb to dietary regime of Sarawak Laksa and Kolo Mee. Good time awaits! And look forward for more post and there an milestone that I am inching closer and closer!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...