Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Attention fellow USM-ers! (especially graduating 07/10 BATI-ans!)

Prologue: Going to KL tomorrow with my younger bro Tate to attend cousin's (on my dad's side) wedding. Going a day earlier than my parent because the flight ticket is cheaper. I have a feeling that it might end up awkward due the fact that I was never close with any of my West Malaysian extended family members due distance both physical and emotional. Somewhat regretting it already…

Attention fellow USM-ers (especially graduating student such as us the BATI-ans of 2007-2010)! Semester II Academic Year 2009/2010 Final Exam Result (Provisional) is out today! The easiest way to access your result is of course by logging into your personal Healthycampus account and check on your semgred/cangred. More details on different way of accessing your final exam result here. Since it is still a provisional result, the only information available are whether you passed (P), partial pass (P*) or fail (F) and actual grade and GPA will only be available on 8 June 2010 (after 9am). But for a final year student like us, it is sufficient to know only just that to know whether we can get those units and graduate safe and sound.

Final year final semester result out And of course for me, it’s all pass! I am now an official USM graduate. Date of convovation: 4-7 July 2010. Not sure which session yet. Arrgh the wait for everything can be so agonizing!

---------------------------------------------------------

Some random thought/observation/snippet of my own life now.

P5253165Earlier, one of my coursemate, ShuJun is in town and along with PauLee etc, went to Kuching Civic Centre to visit Sultan Iskandar Planetarium…only to discover that it’s closed for lunch time and just to make it worse, the observation tower that is undergoing renovation. Looks like it won’t be done until a while. For my fellow prospective Kuching visitor…looks like the scenic viewing itineraries might be gone *poof*…or we can go to Bukit Siol MBKS to watch instead. Hmm…we’ll see.

P5253166And because of that, I bid farewell to PauLee and ShuJun and moved on to my next agenda since I am already in town: picking up my bro at St. Thomas School.

P5253172 St. Thomas School is the oldest school in Kuching and it is clearly reflected with the colonial buildings in the school. The famous iconic one is definitely this one, the old block.

P5102962 The Principal’s House which currently houses principal’s and top admins office is quite notable as well.

P5102961 In fact, we were so famous that we are included in the first day commemoration postcard by Pos Malaysia! This banner was proudly hanged outside James Wong School Hall.

P5253173Look at all the lush greenaries in St. Thomas! However there’s one small snag which somewhat ruined my mood is when the guard over there approached me and told me (politely, but still…) that I am not allowed to take pictures of the school compound without the principal’s permission even if I am an ex-Thomian. Why? Because the school management worries that these pictures are used to defame them over internet blah blah blah. While it is perfectly justifiable for me as an outsider to seek permission from the management if I want to visit the school, fine. But I just can’t seem to fathom the fear/paranoia behind being defamed over the net just because of a few pictures. Are these pictures incriminating to you. This statement of mine might be stinging but as far as the pictures are concerned, it’s lights years away from being harmful. Geez, talk about a mood pooper. My mood definitely were not help by the fact that I only realized that Tate is finishing his class late because of the gotong royong. So I drove back home, lonely, sweaty and slightly discontented. Oh well, at least I got to meet Pn Hasnah, my PA teacher. She still remembers me!

Epilogue: Besides going to KL earlier, me and Tate will be going back later as well. While my parents will be home by 5 June, me and Tate will be staying over til 8 June. Now, is there any KL-ian/West Msian friends/coursemate/etc that would like to meet up around 5-8 June?

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...